amazon.in
Private

Amazon Interview Questions & tips

1 - 10 of 201 InterviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Aug, 2017.

Algorithms And DataStructures

Algorithm Analysis

Operating Systems

Basic Knowledge Of DBMS

Networking Basics

Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Basics

WRITTEN → Technical Interview → Technical Interview → Technical Interview → Technical Interview

WRITTEN

It is a written round .

We are given with 2 coding questions of 10 marks each .There is no negative marking for coding questions

1)Given a string you have to partition the string in such a manner that each part of the partitioned string is a palindrome in itself and you have to count the number of such partition

For eg: given string NITIN
N ITI N
N I T I N
NITIN
So output will be 3.

2)You are given with a large paragraph and N words.
You have to find a min length subparagraph of the paragraph which contain all those N words in any order. Here length of a paragraph is the count of words in the paragraph.

There are 20 MCQ's all are technical questions only majorly from DSA

I solved above question Using DFS .I constructed a Graph using given information . and I did DFS starting from Given process .In the graph I took each process as 1 Node and the corresponding parent child relationship between the process as edges .

Interview Details

I applied via Referrals and was interviewed on Jun, 2018. I received the interview result in 1-4 weeks.

Problem Solving

Leadership

Time Management

Resume Shortlist → Test → Technical Interview → Technical + HR Interview

Experience

I had an employee referral for Amazon. It definitely helps the shortlisting process.

Experience

After the resume shortlist, they sent a coding challenge which can be solved in the language of your choice. It consisted of two technical questions, which were fairly simple. One of them was 'Most Common Word' from Leetcode.
Followed by that were around 100 non-technical personality questions (multiple choice). Amazon places its Principles highly and these questions should be answered seriously. They twist a question and ask it multiple times to check for consistency. There are no correct answers and no perfect candidate. So do not worry about being wrong.

Overall Experience

Most of the questions are intentionally ambiguous. Ask clarifying questions to understand the question, before jumping to the solution.
Also, do not forget to focus on the principles. For every principle, think of a similar situation you have faced in your life. Be ready to answer that in the STAR format. Stay calm and be confident.

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Feb, 2017.

Group Discussion → Test → Written Versant → Voice versant. → HR Interview

Women Empowerment

Experience

I was asked to give my views on this topic and I was given few minutes to think about the topic and then share my views on it.

1 Hours

Reasoning

Experience

This round was based on logic and reasoning...Set of questions were given along with options.One has read the question and chose the answer correctly.

Written Versant

Experience

In this round a headphone is provided and with the help of this one can hear an automated voice which asks some questions and by hearing this you need to write the answers on the computer screen.This is also based on grammer and email writing.A timer goes on at the top of the monitor and you have to be quick enough to answer. The duration of this round was 30 mins and around 50 questions are given in 5 different sets.

Voice versant.

Experience

This is same as the previous round but the only difference is you need to answer the questions orally in a specific time..

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Jul, 2014.

Programming

Logical And Structured Thinking

Reasoning Ability

Diagrammatic Reasoning

Test → Technical Interview → Technical Interview

2 Hours

Logical Reasoning Questions - Multiple Choice | Data Structures - Coding Questions

Experience

There were 20 logical reasoning questions - some of them were general questions testing math skills, others tested knowledge of core computer science concepts. The coding questions were both moderately difficult and took quite some time to solve.

For the coding questions, I got one correct, and one only halfway through, so it did not pass for all test cases.
So for the second one, I added some comments explaining what more logic should be added and what is the missing piece because of which test cases may fail.

This round involved 2-3 questions and there was no hurry about time, the interviewer was patient. First thing is to ask questions about the question, clarify any doubts before starting to write any code. After getting clarity on the questions, I was silently thinking for 2-3 min for each question, how to approach it and how to solve. Then I started working out on paper and simultaneously explaining to the interviewer about the approach.

This round went on for very long, about an hour or so. It took 5 min to first understand the question, what all I have to figure out etc. Then I thought for 3-4 min and presented my understanding. There was lot of back and forth, the interviewer was giving feedback on my approach, and I was iterating my solution.
Finally we arrived at a satisfactory solution which consisted of three parts (the interviewer was pointing out flaws, pointing out edge cases etc and checking how I handle such cases, such situations).
Then I was asked to write the code for each of these three parts of the solution. With that this round concluded.

Group Discussion → Test → DOCUMENT COLLECTION → HR ROUND → Behavioural Interview

1 Hours 5 Minutes

IF YOU COULD BUY BACK TIME WHAT THINGS WOULD YOU LIKE TO CHANGE

Experience

IT WAS FANTASTIC MOMENT OF MY LIFEE BECAUSE THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE BEEN TO A PROPER MNC.

I WAS TENSE ACTUALLY BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO GIVE ME AN OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH THEM AFTER CHECKING MY COMMUNICATION SKILLS.

IT WAS A MEETING WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER ONE MR. DHEERAJ SINGH

I SAID IF TIME WAS IN MY HANDS I WOULD LIKE TO STUDY FURTHER WHICH I COULD NOT FOR SOME PERSONAL REASONS

1 Hours 5 Minutes

PERSONAL INTRODUCTION ROUND | HR ROUND

Experience

THE PERSONAL INTRODUCTION ROUND WILL BE IN GENERAL ABOUT YOUR PREVIOUS COMPANY ITS ROLES AND THE REASON FOR LEAVING .

HR ROUND THEY WILL CONFIRM IF YOU ARE SELECTED OR NOT AND THEN THEY WILL ASK YOU TO SUBMIT DOCUMENTS

DOCUMENT COLLECTION

THEY WILL GIVE YOU A CHECKLIST OF ALL THE DOCUMENTS TO BE PROVIDED

HR ROUND

HR WILL CONFIRM THE SALARY AND DATE OF JOINING

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Aug, 2017.

Test → Technical Interview → Technical Interview

1 Hours 30 Minutes

Coding questions | Multiple Choice questions

Experience

There were 2 coding questions (no penalty for wrong submission) and 20 Multiple Choice Questions(with negative marking). We were given 90 minutes to solve them. MCQs were based on Data Structures, OS, CN, C outputs, OOP etc.

The interviewer asked me about how my previous round went. After that, he asked me to introduce myself and a brief introduction of the projects that I have done. He first asked me a few questions related to my project. Then he moved on to the data structures part. In this round the interviewer gave me strict time limit for coding the solution on paper for each problem and as soon as I was done coding he gave me 2-3 minutes every time to find errors and debug my code.

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Nov, 2016.

Logical Reasoning

Confidence

Ownership

Test → HR Interview → Technical Interview → Behavioural Interview

1 Hours

Logical and Analytical questions

Experience

So this round had questions based on logical thinking. We had to choose the best of options available to us with and come up with a more resourceful answer.

The HR had an open discussion with the applicants in the room. He tested them on the basis of their communication and confidence.

So the interviewer gives me a problem and asks me how I would solve it and he cross questions me on my answer. They also look at the smart way you would answer and how you take ownership to whatever that you say out there.

Behavioural Interview

Group Discussion → Versant Test → HR Interview → Documents → Offer letter

Any topic of our own choice

Experience

I spoke severe rains in mumbai, bangalore and hyderabad and the need to develop road and drainage system by the government to overcome the problems

Versant Test

Experience

It contains different modules of interview including fill the blanks with one suitable word given each 30 seconds and there will be a 2 to 3 of lines paragraph shown for 30 seconds and disappear, we have to memorize the content and write in our own words and finally an e-mail writing. This is all for non-voice roles

They will ask all sort of questions like what makes u join this job and why u feel u r suitable. If experienced they will ask give an example for how best u tried to help a customer and when is the situation u went an extra mile etc

Documents

Experience

They check documents in detail and salary discussion

Offer letter

Issue Offer letter

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Mar, 2017.

Language

Time Management

Resume Shortlist → Test → HR Interview

Experience

We were asked to introduce ourselves and also speak about the environment of the room. Then asked to speak about Amazon and why do we want to work with Amazon

Versant test

Pronounciaton skills were examined

HR was really cooperative he asked to relax and then started asking questions in a gentle manner. He made me feel comfortable. And reduced the nervous environment.

Interview Details

I applied via Recruitment Consultant and was interviewed on Aug, 2017. I received the interview result in less than a week.

Test → Resume Shortlist → HR Interview → HR Interview

Experience

They have conducted reading skills and speaking skills.

Experience

Some miss classified pictures and wrote the description and remarks

Overall Experience

When I go for the interview at Amazon they have conducted one simple exam before that they were checked my speaking skills and professionalism. After that they called out me your selected please join particular day. And joined and continue with Amazon only, now I have completed one year. I'm feeling happy.