cgi group

Private

cgi group Interview Questions & tips

1 - 7 of 7 InterviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Dec, 2015.

Test → Technical Interview

Verbal Ability | Logical Reasoning | Basic Programming | Programming Reasoning

Experience

The first round was an online test conducted by hirepro.in. The round was 2 hours and went pretty swift aside from some really 'make or break' questions. As a mechanical Engineer and having next to little proficiency in programming, I was not astounded to find myself biting nails and clicking Flukes while glancing at the ever-incomprehensible coding questions. Me, With each question, seems like brandishing the bat in the air for all kinds of balls, whether bouncer or yorker, just for the only reason "I can't make a single thing out of these questions, let alone answer". The verbal and quantitative part was more friendly to me. I was able to answer almost 90% in those two sections. The questions framed were basic and doable with a month's or two's practice. The verbal section contained- Reading Comprehension, Word Synonym and antonym, Sentence Correction and Sentence orientation and ordering.
p.s: After giving the exam and ravaging the coding part, I saw my chances of getting shortlisted being one in a million. Still, with immense exultation, I got selected and was asked to go for the PI, as if they didn't consider the Programming part for mechanical engineering and for other core dept. students.

Test → Group Discussion → Technical Interview → Technical + HR Interview → HR Interview

Aptitute, English, Logical reasoning

Politics

Technical + HR Interview

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Sep, 2016.

Test → Group Discussion → Technical Interview → Project Round → HR Interview

Written

Experience

I got a call for the interview from elitmus, after which first round was written round in which aptitude questions were asked from different topics such as number system, time and work, ratio, probability etc. And there were negative marks for wrong answers.

Mobile Phones are Good or Bad

Experience

In this round, we have to speak about the given topic for about 10 minutes. So I spoke on both good and bad use of mobile phone.

In this round basically, questions were asked from Java and SQL.

Project Round

Experience

This round was all about my college project. About what my project was, how many members were there in my team, what was my role and involvement in the project and some technical questions about the project.

This round was just general talk round with simple interaction to introduce myself and tell hobbies, my future plans, my strength, my weakness etc. And all about the salary and job role part.

Technical Interview → Stress Interview → Case Study Interview → HR Interview

Case Study Interview

It was with manager and technical person on the previous projects that I worked .

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Oct, 2016.

Communication And Confidence

Leadership Skills

Team Player

How Well You Can Handle Stress

Test → Technical Interview → HR Interview

Verbal Ability | Logical Reasoning | Programming Basics | Programming Reasoning

Experience

The first round was an online test conducted by hirepro.in. The round was 2 hours and went pretty swift aside from some really 'make or break' questions. As a mechanical Engineer and having next to little proficiency in programming, I was not astounded to find myself biting nails and clicking Flukes while glancing at the ever-incomprehensible coding questions. With each question, it seemed like I was brandishing the bat in the air for all kinds of balls, whether bouncer or Yorker, just for the only reason "I can't make a single thing out of these questions, let alone answer". The verbal and quantitative part was friendlier on me. I was able to answer almost 90% in those two sections. The questions framed were basic and doable with a month’s or two's practice. The verbal section contained- Reading Comprehension, Word Synonym and antonym, Sentence Correction and Sentence orientation and ordering.

p.s: After giving the exam and ravaging the coding part, I saw my chances of getting shortlisted being one in a million. Still, with immense exultation, I got selected and was asked to go for the PI, as if they didn't consider the Programming part for mechanical engineering and other core departments' Students.

Very fortunately, even in a technical interview, all the questions asked to me were HR. I told him (interviewer) that it was my first interview, so, from the outset, I was quite nervous then he talked to me and a friendly air hovered over the whole room. I told him about some of my accomplishments, as was I subsequently asked many follow-up questions.
I took a keen interest in some of the extra-curricular programs of the company such as writing, art related and toastmasters leadership programs, which they mentioned specifically in the pre-placement talk.
During the whole conversation, I never missed my chance to let them know how important the job was for me and how I fit best in the offered position.

The interview went for 30-45 mins (actually lost track of time) and was very friendly. I was asked about my family background and about my hometown. She was pretty impressed with my answer to the question- 'Where do you see yourself in five years time?'; I answered (in brief)- 'In five years down the line I would like to be the ambassador for the company, coming to my college and hiring strong-spirited people like me'.

communication

technical

thought process

Resume Shortlist → Test → Group Discussion → Technical Interview → HR Interview

Experience

Indeed, being a person known for my communication skills in college days wished to have a resume, setting me out of the queue. It was not easy though ,as to write something so brief yet which had a strong impact on others. Take help from your teachers, the one taking your communicative skills classes

Experience

Elitmus, it's really tough to crack. Especially the Reasoning, try and focus to prepare as if to prepare for an MBA admission. The level would be no lessor than that

Social Networking

Experience

Good ,as always. Was bit nervous, after seeing such a crowd and as it was my first off-campus experience . People were friendly and only ladies from my company who were not very old but enough to judge one by just looking at them. They were closely monitoring each and every activity in there

Had two technical rounds, the first one which went about 1hr 30 mins. Many questions starting from C to Java. In-fact it's better to say the lady wanted to know all what i have done in college. Was even asked about my last semester results and project

The HR was busy going through all papers he had. Even not looking at me for once. But i went on answering even to smallest he asked or confirmed. It was good overall but different as to relate someone not even listening you

Overall Experience

Never loose heart if you are rejected anytime. As it's for the best, believe me.

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Oct, 2016.

Communication And Confidence