Upload Button Icon Add office photos
Engaged Employer

i

This company page is being actively managed by GAIN Credit Team. If you also belong to the team, you can get access from here

GAIN Credit Verified Tick

12 interviews found

Sort by: Popular

posted on 16 Mar 2023

Rating 4
Good
Difficulty level
Easy
Less than 2 weeks
Selected Selected

I was interviewed before Mar 2022.

4 Interview Rounds

Resume Shortlist Round

Pro Tip by AmbitionBox:
Keep your resume crisp and to the point. A recruiter looks at your resume for an average of 6 seconds, make sure to leave the best impression.

Coding Test Round

The question they were asked in coding round was too easy , anyone who has basic knowledge of coding can easily solve that question.

Technical Round (1 Question)

• Q1. They asked me question related my project , DBMS, Is question.

One-on-one Round (1 Question)

• Q1. Interviewer asked me explain my project, asked some basic question related to coding question

Interview Preparation Tips

Interview preparation tips for other job seekers - Before the interview please go through with your resume one time.

Top skills recommended for GAIN Credit Software Engineer interview

Very good
Moderate
2-4 weeks
Selected Selected

I applied via Approached by Company and was interviewed before Sep 2022.

5 Interview Rounds

Resume Shortlist Round

Pro Tip by AmbitionBox:
Don’t add your photo or details such as gender, age, and address in your resume. These details do not add any value.

Coding Test Round

Island problem- can be found on geeks for geeks.

Coding Test Round (1 Question)

One-on-one Round (1 Question)

• Q1. Questions relating to previous projects. One simple to medium coding question.

Behavioral Round (1 Question)

• Q1. Questions relating to general fitment and cultural adaptability.

posted on 3 Jul 2022

I applied via LinkedIn and was interviewed before Jul 2021.

Technical Round (1 Question)

• Q1. Questions related to MySQL, from basic to advance, AWS basic questions.what is replication, types of replication, types of backup, types of logs in MySQL, etc

Technical Round (1 Question)

• Q1. Second round for techno manger round, few logical questions, MySQL related question, mangement questions

One-on-one Round (1 Question)

• Q1. Last round with chief of devops, basic hr and mangaer question, my vision and abilities, goals and ambition

Topics to prepare for GAIN Credit Database Admin interview:
  • mysql
  • Replication
  • MongoDB
  • AWS
Interview preparation tips for other job seekers - go through basic of MySQL, AWS, be confident and you will able to crack it.

GAIN Credit interview questions for popular designations

Analyst

Very good
Moderate
4-6 weeks
Selected Selected

I was interviewed before Mar 2023.

2 Interview Rounds

Aptitude Test Round

Logical reasoning, Language and e-mail writing

Top skills recommended for GAIN Credit Supervisor interview

• Data Analysis
  • Excel
  • Financial Services

posted on 12 Nov 2021

I applied via Naukri.com and was interviewed in Oct 2021.

3 Interview Rounds

Interview Questions

Interview Preparation Tips

Interview preparation tips for other job seekers - Easy interview process average questions

posted on 21 Apr 2021

Interview Questions

• Q1. Core linux, security, web services, iptables, IDS IPS

Jobs at GAIN Credit

user image R.Arockia Ratheesh Sahayaraj

posted on 10 Nov 2015

4 Interview Rounds

Round: Test
Experience:     First  a paper of totally 45 questions was given.3 sections totally.Quants,Logical
and Verbal Reasoning.Quants was pretty tough.But the rest of the sections were easy.
                     Next a question paper for management position analysis was given.This was the
psychometric test.80 questions were there.We have to select 2 out of the 4 scenarios which are
apt.It was mentally tiresome because they were all repeated and the numbers were jumbled up.

Round: technical + HR
Experience:   This round actually lasted more than one hour.The interviewer
told that basically he was an ECE graduate and i can answer without nervousness.First he asked
me to brief him about what was given in my resume.
                            Then he asked questions on my final year project like
What is CUDA?
What contribution did you do in the project?
How the NVIDIA GeForce10 card is interfaced? :P
Then he saw my Java project(Social Networking Site) and asked various questions on it for 15
minutes.He also asked what is an RDBMS and explanation with example.
            Then he wanted the concept of my OOPS project for Buffer allocation.Told the 5
scenarios.He asked how i coded it.I told that i used C++ STL concepts.
                    He then asked if i had prepared any puzzles.I answered yes.He told me to explain
any puzzle which i studied.Told him the 3 switches,3 bulb lights puzzle.
                He then asked a mathematical puzzle,to find the ratio of milk:water in 2 bottles where
1 bottle is ½ full of milk and another contains ⅓ milk and water is mixed to remaining volume.
He also asked how will you estimate the distance from Tambaram to Adyar :P
Told that it depends on the no of stops in between the route u take and the traffic on an avg :P
He then asked to write code for linked list and some questions on how to insert a new node.
Then program for generating Fibonacci sequence.wrote using recursion.he told he wanted to
print for every number and my code was kinda “School level”.He asked how to change the code
if i wanted to store each number in the sequence in an array.Explained to compute for each
index and store.
         He then saw the list of workshops which i had attended and asked “What are Hadoop and
Big Data”.explained.
He viewed my responsibilities undertaken and asked some questions on them like “What is
coffee with java”,”What is Prayatna and its meaning (I told prayatna means journey to
knowledge but he explained that it means effort in Sanskrit :P :D”
Why is ur CGPA low ?....samalichified
Then he asked whether i can join for Technical Support profile.I said i wanted Developer profile
only.He again said i can switch from Technical support to developer after a few months,but i
stood firm.

Round: Technical Interview
Experience: Explain storage type keywords in C
What is Serialization?
Bridge crossing puzzle......I solved by giving optimal solution.
How much comfortable u are with Python and MySQL(I told i was learning basics)

Skills:
College Name: Anna University Chennai
user image Nihar thammana

posted on 21 Feb 2015

6 Interview Rounds

Round: Resume Shortlist
Experience: There is not much in resume they looked at apart from CGPA(grades)
Tips: Nevertheless, having experience in coding and a bit of statistics would get you an edge over others

Round: Test
Experience: Section1: It was not very tough if ONE prepares for CAT and gives this test.
Section2: puzzles and pseudo codes were asked. The difficulty rating of puzzles was 3.5/5. They are logical puzzles and not mathematical
There was enough time for each question in both the sections.
Tips: In case of a tie in the later rounds of interview I felt preference was given to people who performed well in section2. So if there is a time crunch, i would recommend to answer section2 rather than section1
Duration: 75 minutes
Total Questions: 30

Round: Puzzle Interview
Experience: I have not encountered the puzzles they asked me in the interview. It was farely new and first time experience. I said I was interested in chess. So they asked me a permutations and combinations question with chess theme. I dont remember the question though. Depending on how much you solve the question they award 0.5 or 1 mark. Totaly they asked me 4 questions. I scored 2.5
Tips: If you get stuck dont hesitate to ask questions. They would be willing to help you out

Round: Technical Interview
Experience: They asked me about projects i mentioned in my resume. Didn't grill me too much but they surely tested my understanding
Tips: Please mention about the project only if you are very sure of it. Else it would fetch you a negative impression and they will start questioning your credibility

Round: HR Interview
Experience: She asked about my interests and my willingness to work at chennai. retrospectively, I think HR round was a mere formality
Tips: Its better to give answer in a fashion they expect it rather than the truth

General Tips: Do practice puzzles well and brush up your programming skills. There is no reason why you wouldnt get selected for this company.
Skill Tips: VBA and R programming will get you an edge over your non- programming peers as it will save company time
Skills: Excel VBA
College Name: IIT MADRAS

posted on 13 Jan 2015

Round: Test
Experience: The test consists of 2 levels - Objective (contains 3 parts: Analytical, Aptitude and English; each part has 30 questions) and Subjective (contains 6 puzzles).
Tips: You should have a quick thinking, good problem and puzzle solving skills. and a fair knowledge of english grammar. Don’t spend too much time on any question and focus your entire concentration in solving.

Round: Interview
Experience: An interview where I was asked about every line in my resume and some basic questions and puzzles; an extension to HR interview. This round requires good puzzle solving and communication skills.
Tips: Don’t stammer, lie or include any false information in your CV. Be confident and think positive.

Round: Interview
Experience: In this round, I was asked two puzzles and a case. Past experience in case study helps and quick thinking is required.
Tips: Do not follow the policy ‘If can’t convince, confuse’. Think and answer positively. If you don’t know the answer for any question, request the interviewer to tell the answer. Don’t waste much time and start answering as quickly as possible.

General Tips: First of all, decide if the type of job you want, namely, core, software, finance or any other job. Prepare for that profile perfectly. Attend all PPTs and exams of all companies for which you are eligible. Consult seniors in those companies or in that field and the information they provide helps a lot.
Skill Tips: Academic Criteria: CGPA > 8.0
Leading any society or group gives an advantage. Specific skills required: For finance based companies, one should have high problem solving skills and quantitative ability. For software companies, one should at least know the basics of C, C++ and Java. It would be better if the projects/internships are in the same field you are applying for. Good communication skills and a high level of confidence.
College Name: IIT Kharagpur

posted on 13 Jan 2015

Round: Test
Experience: Round 1: Quant questions, subjective questions where we had to develop algorithms. Civil students who did transportation network analysis (TNA) had an advantage in solving the subjective questions.

Experience: Psychometric test

Round: Interview
Experience: Two rounds of puzzle interviews
Tips: Dont jump on to the answer directly even if you know it act as if you are thinking and then answer.
Prepared for CAT so it helped me in quant and solving puzzles.

Round: Test
Experience: Test based on subjective question paper and how did you approach.
Tips: Shortlisting was mainly based on performance in the round1 test and how well you approached the puzzles.

General Tips: I think for core companies you need to be completely thorough with your project as they ask form very simple to very complex questions about it. I had problem in answering one simple question about my project in my Deloitte interview. They asked me to name few of the power plants as my project was on it and i couldn't answer satisfactorily.

Be thorough with your project and have basic knowledge about courses for those appearing for core companies.For analytics companies solve as many puzzles as possible and quant problems.For those who are sitting for placements always carry your resume because even though you aren't shortlisted for a company they may ask you to come for an interview on request.
College Name: IIT Madras

GAIN Credit Interview FAQs

How many rounds are there in GAIN Credit interview?
GAIN Credit interview process usually has 3-4 rounds. The most common rounds in the GAIN Credit interview process are One-on-one Round, Coding Test and Technical.
How to prepare for GAIN Credit interview?
Go through your CV in detail and study all the technologies mentioned in your CV. Prepare at least two technologies or languages in depth if you are appearing for a technical interview at GAIN Credit. The most common topics and skills that interviewers at GAIN Credit expect are Python, SQL, Analytics, Java and MySQL.
What are the top questions asked in GAIN Credit interview?

Some of the top questions asked at the GAIN Credit interview -

1. questions related to MySQL, from basic to advance, AWS basic questions.what is ...read more
  2. second round for techno manger round, few logical questions, MySQL related ques...read more
  3. Core linux, security, web services, iptables, IDS ...read more

Tell us how to improve this page.

People are getting interviews through

based on 3 GAIN Credit interviews
Job Portal
66%
34% candidates got the interview through other sources.
Moderate Confidence
?
Moderate Confidence means the data is based on a sufficient number of responses received from the candidates

GAIN Credit Reviews and Ratings

4.0

Promotions/Appraisal

4.2

Explore 145 Reviews and Ratings
Team Lead - Analytics & Data Science (5-10 yrs)

Bengaluru/Bangalore,