Larsen & Toubro Infotech

Analytical Skills

Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Basics

Programming

Technical Interview → Technical Interview → HR Interview → HR Interview

I responded with a description of my third year engineering project. The interviewer was interested in knowing more about
a. how did we come up with the project idea
b. how was the work divided between the team members
c. what challenges did we face and how we overcame them
d. what was the final outcome. was the deliverable as per specifications

I responded with a flowchart of a standard calculator. It was a simple design. The interviewer was more interested in knowing
a. how did I come up with a design
b. how did I make sure the design was correct
c. what are the limitations of the design?
d. what enhancements can I make to the design

I had undertaken thorough research about the organisation, which enabled me to map my ambitions and expectations to the organisational values and purpose.

I responded with my professional ambitions in the industry. The interviewer is more interested in understanding what your objective is and your plan to get there.

Overall Experience

Learn from the experience. If you do not get selected, there is always a next opportunity. Understand what the recruiters are looking for. Try to refrain from repeating your mistakes.

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Aug, 2017.

Test → Group Discussion → Paragraph Writing → Technical + HR Interview

Aptitude | Verbal | Programming | DBMS | logical

Experience

Well this round was usually the initial round of most of the companies, what made the test of LTI differ from others is that it consists of 5 Section . Usually there is a Quant, Logical, Verbal and Technical roumds but here they divided the section in two parts one is the programming where basic concepts of oops, C, C++ were asked , the other section had DBMS questions.The other sections were actually very simple, basic arithmatic, logical and verbal skills were tested here.

Experience

Well this is the round where the company check your confidence and speaking skills, We were given the topic "Can Young Generation handles stress easily" . As you can see the topic was quite easy to think about the necessary points. You just have to speak for less than a minute that too in 2 or 3 interval with confidence and without any reluctance.

Paragraph Writing

Experience

Its a non elimination round where they give you a topic and check whether you can process your thoughts into words or not,I have to write on the topic "An accident scene" in 10 minutes which again you can see is very easy.

Technical + HR Interview

This was the final round where they were asking very simple questions from what you have written in your Resume. For eg: Streghnths, Weakness, Hobbies, Career Objective etc. They firstly asked me to introduce myself followed by technical questions which I mentioned on my Resume.

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Apr, 2017.

Aptitude, reasoning, verbal

Easy questions are there

Spending lot of money in marriage is wise

12 members are there only 9 got selected

Asking all the concepts of Java like oops collections threads

Everything was Gud but due to my certificate problem I got rejected.. Otherwise everything is good.

Aptitude test + technical

Experience

Aptitude test consist of sections of quants , Lr and english along with it we faced 2 sections of technical consisting of oops and sql

Topics based on case study

Questions related to branch were asked along with programming questions.

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Sep, 2016.

Technical Analysis

Experience

It was a pure technical test.some students tried to cheat and they were told to leave the test then and there.rest was good

It vs pharma industry

Experience

Pretty much like normal gd

DBMS joins questions mainly.

Hr interview was also a deletion round.It was a bit of pressure interview.

Test → Group Discussion → Paragraph writing → Technical Interview → HR Interview

Experience

For the Written test there were 1200 people who attended this test. The test was quite simple. We had the exam in the second batch at around 3pm. Only around 300 could clear the test. I was happy that I made it to the next round

Joint Family A Boon In Disguise

Experience

I was in the first batch of GD. I just took my time in collecting the points and expressed them without any doubts or fear. I was the person to conclude the discussion

Paragraph writing

Experience

The paragraph writing is not an elimination round. It was meant to analyze the persons spontaneity. My topic was “My person of the millennium”. It can be anything. I wrote about my mother.

After that we had to fill the forms and submit the photocopies of all the marks memos till the previous semester

The interviewer was a calm person. He asked me to sit with a smile.

The first question was about my favorite subject. I just took my time and told Web Technologies.

He asked me a few questions like how a website functions, HTTP protocol with a block diagram. He later wrote a code in C language and asked me the outputs in various conditions. He just asked the basics like Polymorphism, abstraction in OOP. Then he asked a few questions in DBMS like acid properties, trigger and cursor.

Then he asked me about my project which I explained very patiently without confusing him. He finally asked me to write any code from my project. I wrote the code for navigation from one page to another in android. He said that I can leave

The HR was a very friendly person. I was the last person to be called.
He asked me since it was very late at night was I tired. I politely answered that I was rather excited that I could make it to the final round.

He asked me the questions based on the paper I filled. All of them were very professionally personal. They asked about my work experience in my projects and about my family. He was very much impressed with my communication skills especially my fluency in English that he asked me that how was I very good in English apart from all the other persons he interviewed that night. I told him that most of my family lives in States that’s how I’m very good at English.

He asked me my hobbies which I said that I would bring home stray dogs and pet them or join them in blue cross. He asked me how many animals do I have at home now. I answered him that I have 4 dogs and 7 cats. He started laughing that there were more animals than humans in my home. He asked what if my parents would restrict me in bringing home these animals. I said they would understand me. He finally asked any questions from my side.

I asked him that I’ve seen him working from morning and wasn’t he tired and stressed? He said that he enjoys his work and it’s very interesting for him

PHP

Css

HTML

Mysql

Java Programming

C Programming

HR Interview → Technical Interview

Overall Experience

keep the resume format precise