wipro.com
Private

Wipro Interview Questions & tips

1 - 10 of 141 InterviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Feb, 2016.

Comunication Skills

Logical Reasoning

MS powerpoint

Test → Essay Writing → HR Interview

Maths, English and General knowledge

Experience

This round was the Aptitude test. The Wipro aptitude test is very similar to the CAT tests Math, English and General Knowledge. The general awareness questions although not very tricky did require one to have a fairly good knowledge of current affairs. As someone who has prepared and appeared for CAT, I did not have much problem trying to crack this test. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rank the difficulty level at 7. There were also some technical questions related to finance and accounts.

Essay Writing

Experience

The essay round was purely to test our writing abilities. We were given only 4-5 minutes to write our essay. Being able to gather your thoughts and putting them on paper is very important. The prompt is a very basic topic such as Pollution, Women Empowerment and Politics etc. I wrote a 250 word long essay. Some people wrote just 80-100 words but they wrote exceptionally and did get selected.

As a marketing candidate my personal interview round was more on the HR side than technical and it lasted for only 15-20 minutes. They asked me why I would like to do this internship and what past experience I have. I gave an honest answer in saying that Wipro is a big name and it’s a big deal for me to be associated with the same. Also with my past internships, I listed out only those aspects that were specific to the job. We were given a form prior to the interview and they asked me to elaborate on my answers in the form such as my accolades etc. There was something I mentioned about a research paper and they asked me questions related to that. Since it was teamwork I wasn’t able to answer all questions. So I had to tell them in the end that it was teamwork and I only managed to answer a specific type. Apart from this there were no technical questions but that doesn’t mean they dint ask any to all the candidates. Stock market related questions were asked to finance candidates.

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Jan, 2017.

Communication And Confidence

HR Interview → Telephonic round → Operations round

I'm very starting he was happy and interview hardly took 3-4 minutes to get complete and he gave me the letter for next round

Telephonic round

Experience

It named as svar where you need to score minimum 60% out of 100% , in this round you need to pronounce few statements which are mentioned on a paper then need to paraphrase what robot is saying , after that there would be grammatical statements where you need to find mistakes , after that there will be a story you need to answer the questions which are based on that after that you need to speak on topic for 45 seconds

Operations round

Experience

Here you will be speaking to either GM or CCM , they will be asking you anything in blue moon ,and you can mold them , initially they will be asking you about your self then whatever you say in that especially your hobbies , they will be putting questions on that , they can ask what is team , how will you work as team , how will you manage pressure on floor , Will give you hypothetical situation , most important where do you see yourself after 5 years , they will be testing your stability

english | quantitative | logical reasoning | essay writing

Experience

you have to attempt the given question in the given time allotted for each section. There minimum no. of questions which you have to attempt for clearing each section. If you clear the cutoff for the first three section you will turn to the 4 section which is essay writing in which you grammar is basically checked.

Test → Group Discussion → HR Interview → Technical Interview

1 Hours

Aptitude

Experience

We were asked to solve a questionnaire containing 25 questions based on logical reasoning and basic mathematics. We went to the test center in their recruitment center where there were many desktops for the candidates to sit and give the test. At the entrance, they checked the letter we got from them to authenticate us.Then they gave us a login ID and password. Exactly when the test started, the portal became active and we were asked to enter the credentials. I completed the test in half the time as it was pretty easy and straightforward.

Woman Empowerment

Experience

Ten candidates who were shortlisted from the written test attended the group discussion. The topic given to us was fairly simple and lucky for me, I used to work as an anchor, and being a strong feminist person, I had a lot of valid points to put forward. I was the one to start the discussion, and I felt I was the best speaker there. The topic was something that I follow regularly, yet I came across a few unique points from the other candidates.

The interview basically revolved around this one question which had a few follow-up questions, such as who all are there in my family, what are my strengths and weaknesses, and why am I fit for this job.

I tried to be as calm and confident as possible during the whole of the interview

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Oct, 2016.

Logical And Structured Thinking

1 Hours 30 Minutes

Experience

There were 4 sections in all. The test was conducted by AMCAT!.

The verbal ability section included 3-4 passages,synonyms and antonyms and few basic questions on English grammar.There were 25 questions in all.

The second section consisted of 25 very simple to simple mathematics questions.The questions revolved on age calculations,probability and combinations,ratios,statistics,inferences.

Third section had 30 reasoning and common sense quesions.Easiest section to score.

Last section was Express your ideas!. This was a pretty interesting section.I was given an opinion on a topic( simple and interesting ) and was told to express my views on it.And the section was limited to 200-250 words.

The interviewer asked me about my general background, on why only electronics and telecommunications,my favorite subjects,about my project work and it's application in wipro.
Then came a question!
How can you improve the recruitment process that companies go through in different colleges?
I suggested him to make the all day long recruitment process a bit more smarter by digitizing it!. If a particular student receives a notification( similar to flight bookings) on his cell telling his batch no and time left for his turn, then the traditional tiring process can be avoided and more time can be invested in questioning than queuing outside the interviewers cabin. He liked it.
Then he asked me about any of my involvement in social activities and how young generation can be more proactive in getting practical experiences than being a book worm!
I shared my views based on teaching methodologies inculcated in schools and colleges and how we can improve them by exposing student right from the school level to practical knowledge.

He also checked my attitude on learning new stuff in future.

And finally he asked me a silly question!
What if the pothole lid was square shaped than round?

My points were -
1.how is the job
2.who is required for this job
3.abilities and skills for this job
4.Who's more flexible on this job
5.Who's has got more logical and analytical thinking
6.And Who's more good in their basic understanding of xyz domain.

Interview Details

I was interviewed on Mar, 2017.

Communication And Confidence

Technical and Aptitude Test

Experience

The test comprised of total 30 questions. There were some questions of quantitative, reasoning abd verbal aptitude. There were some questions of C language and data structures and some were from Digital Electronics and communications. All questions were MCQs.

This interview experience was quite interesting for me because i had no technical project to discuss with them. Do wisely i diverted interview towards demonetization and digital economy and i answered in detail with good example. So he got impressed. A guy from my batch gaving very nice projects in commucation engineering got rejected in this round because he didn't know data structures.

The HR guy was very chill and was in hurry so he didn't asked something very hard question to be answerable. He discuseed about my family background and my future plans.

2 Hours

Verbal Ability(22 Question) | Logical Ability(16 question) | Quant(16 question) | Coding(2 question) | Eassay

Experience

There was a online test conducted by Aspiring minds(AMCAT). All question was based on Verbal, Logical, Quantitative abilities. There were 22 verbal question to be solved in 22 minutes, 16 Logical to be solved in 16 minutes, 16 Quant to be solved in 16 minutes(these all were just after one another within the the gap of 2 minutes). After these test there was a coding section where you have to complete 2 coding question within 45 minutes. After this section there was a section of Essay writing where you have to write 400 words of essay in 20 minutes.

2 Hours 15 Minutes

Verbal | Quant | Programming

Experience

20 Verbal , each 5 marks = 100 marks.
20 Quant each 5 marks = 100 marks
Both together for 45 min.
2 Programming each 50 marks = 100 marks & 75 min.

Exam was conducted on Co-Cubes platform.

In verbal few antonyms, arrangement of sentences, suitable words, sentence with same meaning and finally paragraph questions.

In Quant questions were based on general quant topics like profit and loss, simplifications, time and work , trains. There were few questions on LR which were quite easy.

In programming , one was on Dynamic Programming and the other one a bit tricky which includes no extra space and everything to be done in-place.

Q1) Given an array a[5] = {1,2,3,4,5} find out the total number of triplets such that they form the sides of a triangle . (Ex {3,4,5} Here 3+4 > 5 , 4+5 > 3 , 5+3 >4 )

Q2) Given a matrix with 1's and 0's. Modify it such that if a[i][j] == 1;
then make i'th row and j'th column all 1's.

Interview Details

I was interviewed on May, 2016.

Test → Test → Technical + HR Interview

1 Hours

Online aptitude test

Experience

There were questions based on general abilities, quants, grammar , reasoning . As I had applied in the company on the basis of my BCA degree hence the test was not that tough and I managed to clear it effectively

Essay writing

Experience

This was a surprise for me as I was not aware of this round before (my mistake) . There was a topic on which I had to write an essay in particular time limit and word limit . The basic purpose of this round was to test our skill regarding ENGLISH and Grammar which I happened to do effectively

Technical + HR Interview

Both the technical and hr rounds were together . So it was not a very difficult round for me . They were polite and humble with everyone .I enjoyed the interview session the most