Accenture

Flexible

Accenture Reviews

1 - 10 of 5123 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Likes

Dislikes

IDC is a disaster waiting to happen in near future. They lost quality in almost all aspects due to body shopping/hoarding. They are not recognizing a good resource vs a bad one. As many as 60% of the resources have very bad communication skills, bad attire, bad technical skills and are heavily dependent on a few who are really good. There is a rampant regional(mainly in Pune&BLR)/caste feeling in the hiring process and annual appraisal. In top engagements, Senior Executives are corrupt, hire poorly skilled contractors and put entire project burden on few genuine candidates.
Biggest problem is salary and growth opportunities. It is a nightmare of a career growth after AM in IDC. One may doubt if they are meddling with company's revenue. Executive board is so corrupt that they tell the same unjustifiable reason year after year but don't give a decent salary hike to their employees.

Accenture Management from west boss around on IDC. They have become revolting and animal like in their behavior towards Indians. This is a rampant problem in almost all projects. I almost puked when a senior manager from US rejected to pay few dollars (20$) for a monthly laptop rental for an offshore manager but on the very same evening spent nearly 100$ on herself for a office dinner & drinks. I was in a trauma for a week and had to condition myself in looking away from that exploitation. They have all these fantastic rules and policies which they don't follow but use on Indians.

There was a SM who cribbed about how expensive Indian resources were when they were 15 times cheaper than her. Throwing under a bus is so common in this company. Western hegemony is at it's peak. BTW, it is not trump. This has been the case since the 2011.

It used to be a great company with merit as the focus but has consistently been losing it's charm with less quality people polluting the practices. It currently is beyond repair.

Work

Unrealistic and chaotic. It's like a Jurassic park. You never know what will happen 70% of the time. Most uncertain.

Working Days

timings are there but it all depends on the client you work for.

Job Travel

I have to travel within city, within country.

Work Timings

8:30 AM to 6:30 PM (strict)

Poor

Likes

Join accenture only if you don't have any other options. It is just an aggregate of different projects with no uniformity in process or beliefs. Worst thing is relocation. People are move from their city to join a particular location. After joining you may go to bench and start receiving calls asking you to relocate to another location. Trainings take place but are mostly attended by people on bench looking for a billing code. If you are lucky you can get a good project, but year end outcome of hard work in the project is determined by manager and internal politics. Lot of uncertainty involved. Good people tend to get screwed by dumb ones. Don't expect any support from hr. They play it safe and support managers only. Exceptional management may be there but don't count on it. Travel policy is good. If you get offer for deputation you should take it. Good per diem and stay with flyback option will be there.

Dislikes

Relocation policy. Sometimes it makes no sense. People with families are relocated. After going through all that trouble they find that their are people in the same project who are working in different locations, maybe in the same location from where they relocated. No effort is made on the companies part to ensure that appraisal process is fairly done. Managers tend to do good or bad as they feel. They sometimes tend to sideline people from the project and give them a bad rating on the sly. Accenture should make the effort to develop better quality leadership who can motivate people and discourage people who behave selfishly. Their should be a neutral body which would gather 180 degree feedback from the project. The feedback given by people should affect managers. Without accountability some people tend to lose the motivation of behaving in a proper manner.

Work

Work in accenture depends on project. If you are in a well managed project aligned to your skill set then things may turn out well. If you have a dependency in the project and management likes you then you may get unlimited wfh option and timely promotion

Work Timings

8:30 AM to 6:30 PM (strict)

+2 More

Excellent

Likes

1) About teammates I don't know so much because according to my skills i got upgraded to new profile within 2 or 3 months many times
2) I would like to mention one thing i don't know how the hiring process was but they use to hire terrible people, always i had one doubt the people they are hiring are they really worth it??
3) About salary yes if you're joining there as a fresher the salary starts in the range of 1.37 LPA which is very low in this decade and if you have any experience with good salary package and if you're joining this company then it gives better package you would love it.
And yes about
4) politics there always this thing in the corporate terrible experience and because of which i left the company.
5) Learning - learning never stops i have learned many things and there are Accenture learning portals which provides you so much to learn always which sector you prefer they have each and everything and we have to complete mandatory training sessions every month

Dislikes

6) work environment - yep its good and according to the project requirements there were proper tools available there is always your supervisor who will help you always but if you're on notice period you will feel something else.
7) travel - yes they have transport facility pick n drop in starting of the job i used to like it but then it became hectic thing for me i use to prefer to travel office by bike.
8) career growth- yes if you have patience there is a growth i have seen people who are Team leader but they aren't graduate!! lol? seriously
9) work life balance - you cannot do anything if you're in night shift so much headache and also it was 9 n half hr working time and if we count transport it becomes 11 n half hr it was difficult to manage everything at a time.

Work

The project in which i use to work it was literally boring , i was the only person who got upgraded many times to another profile as per requirement they use to prefer always me and i used to give the result so much faster than the others

Rotational Shift

Work Timings

7:00 AM to 4:00 PM (strict)

Good

Likes

The work was interesting, which is actually a plus for digital marketing and not the job per se. You do get some free snacks and beverages if you're into all that. You do have free food and transport, but they're less than avg.

Dislikes

This was my first job so please forgive me if this seems childish, this is for Google process of Accenture at client or Google's site :1. No work life balance, transport is down right horrible. 2. The 10 hour shift, we really have no choice but to abide by it and when this change was implemented (from 9-10 hr), it was made very clear no additional pay will be given, even though you're working an hour more a day. 3. There is no OT of any kind, so goodluck extending! 4. This be true for a lot of jobs out there, but getting leaves is quite difficult; you don't get Indian leaves because you work for American or European clients (but you DO get double pay for Indian holiday for that day), but you may be asked to work on client holiday as well basis requirements and promised a comp off later, however, there are separate rules regarding comp off that you can't take them in a row or club them with only 2-3 days of leaves, so all in all, your comp offs are already compromised in a certain way. As you don't even have a say in when you wish to take your comp off.

Work

Worked in digital marketing part of Accenture for Google. Basically worked as a vendor for Google, for their digital marketing tools support. The work was interesting, it's the management that's a let down.

Job Travel

I have to travel within city

Free food

Good
Good
Terrible
Good

Likes

Big Projects, International Exposure, Good Brand Name, Policies for every single process, predefined business processes.

Dislikes

1. Accenture gets Indian Domestic Projects, and the Management is worst. Never ever enter into any Indian Domestic Projects managed by Accenture. You will be asked to work without Salaries, without Time sheets, without WBS assignment, that to living at remote locations of the country. You can not question Why? How? You will be terminated by bad rating and PIP.
2. Lack of Professionalism: All Employees, above AM, are just Politicians. For securing their jobs, name, fame and rating, they are scruing up their own Team. This happens specially in IDB Projects. HR forms a lot of Trainings on Behavior, Business Ethics, Abuses, exploitations, Respect others etc. But none of them are followed by the IDB Managers. At remote client places HRs are not reachable, to see the Ground facts.
3. Many of the Junior level HR executives are puppets of these Big Senior Managers. No use so many HR Policies and Processes.
4. Professional with International Exposure and Standards should NEVER WORK in IDB.

Work

1. Professionals with International Exposure and Standards, should NEVER WORK for IDB, under idiotic Managers
2. Lot of Politics, same as other Localized Companies
3. HR Policies and Processes are being effectively MISUSED by the Business & Sr Managers

Job Travel

I have to travel within country, international travel.

+4 More

Good

Likes

Everything was good and i really like to join accenture in future if i will get any chance again.

Dislikes

I love my previous team but Only one thing i didnot like was that politics because i moved into new team and manager and team leader played politics with all associates and give wrong knowledge about company policies and leave policies and not allowed to take leaves and force a lot and said “i will give a wrong feedback about you , if you don’t listen to me” that’s the main reason i left accenture and i hate this statement because manager and team leader was forcing every time with the same statement and also did partiality with new associate and give promotion to old associate even they didnot work as new associate did. Main reason to left accenture was management, politics, provided wrong information, buttering for work, blackmailing with work , forcing for work and also saying everytime i will give a negative feedback and one of the main thing also said “ we won’t process your salary if you are not listen us, you have to work , come & go , take lunch according to us. I left accenture because I concerned about my career i scared because they always told we will give negative feedback and all.

My BAD TIME but i wish a day would come again and i will be a part of accenture and hope so that time management will be great and helpful and genuine.

Thankyou

Work

My work was challanging , critical and exciting.

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent
Good
Excellent

Likes

Accenture is indeed an employee friendly organization with a lot of employee facilities in terms of infrastructure ( safe working environment for women, cab service) , employee feedback and learning and development. They are receptive to your concerns and provide ample opportunities for growth and travel to other countries which expand your global exposure. There is also work - life balance and transparent appraisal procedures. In terms of politics I would say it is more of a merit based company and a healthy environment at an initial stage of career where minor nuances tend to hinder an individuals opinion of working life.
Rating below

learning -8
work environment - 9
innovation - 9
wok life balance - 9

Dislikes

As an employee moving up the career path I felt that Accenture has a slow career growth and the work environment was less challenging .However this is a personal decision to desire a steeper career path and hence to move out in a more trying environment

Job Travel

I have to travel within country

+6 More

Education assistance

International relocation

Good

Likes

If you do your work right, you will be appreciated immediately and you will be treated as an expert. Training will be given for a month and if you need more time they can be extended up to three months max. If you do not fit into the particular team the management will ask for your suggestion whether you want to change the team or need some help? even after so many helpful practices, you couldn't make-up they will send you for PIP. Overall I personally loved working there for past two years but I couldn't balance my personal life and work life hence I left the company otherwise it's a good platform for freshers to kick-start their career. Providing cab for all the employees and protection for women inside the company which is really good.

Dislikes

They are more conscious about discipline and maintain a calm atmosphere which is good and also uncomfortable sometimes. I couldn't balance my work-life. One hour break restriction which really reminds me of school days. Team outing depends on each deal and I had no chance to go out with the team which is not fair.

Work

I worked in an international accounts payable helpdesk which was really challenging & exciting too and we solve new problems every day.

Rotational Shift

Work Timings

5:00 PM to 2:30 AM (strict)

+3 More

Education assistance

Good
Good
Excellent

Likes

People. People here are very good and helping in nature. Also, Accenture provides various facilities to the employees. And overall work culture is good enough.

Dislikes

The project you work in makes the majority of the difference as in which stage your project is.
If your project is demanding, YOU WILL have to stay in office for 11-12 hrs daily along with all saturday mandatory working (against policy).
Managers wouldn't help you by any means. They will just care about if their position is not in danger if the release doesn't happens on time.
Forget about HR if you are in this kind of project. I was the one working in this kind of project where we didn't even know who our HR was and how he looks. Only once we met our new HR when the previous one left the company. And again, HR wouldn't help you in this company as most of the times he won't receive your pings and not reply on your queries.

Lastly, there's almost negligible hike given in accebture which doesn't makes any difference. It's the worst company to stay for long if you want a major hike internally.

Work

Work culture is good.. My 1st project work was chill. But my 2nd project work was too hectic.

+5 More

Poor
Good
Poor

Likes

Accenture is a good multinational company to work with. I was being a part of good professional individuals with whom I shared good moments. I worked in Accenture Bangalore for around 10.5 years and travelled Hyderabad on a deputation basis & worked in Novartis for approximately 1 year.

Dislikes

The team mates were Very helpful. Compensation was ok but did not see any growth happening for me due to influencial people around. The work hours were hectic and there was no worklife balance. It would have been good if they pdrovide work from home options so that there is flexibility and worklife balance as well. Received appreciation emails from clients but it was in vain since there was no growth in terms of position change being a senior employee at accenture. Even I did do mentoring and helped many of my teammates during crisis situation but at the end of day there was no recognition for the time & energy spent by me. Most of the time my suggestion was not put into action. These are some of drawbacks due to which I had leave organization.

Work

Work was hectic due to short term projects/contract. Work was little challenging but was good learning experience.

Work Timings

3:30 AM to 2:00 PM (strict)

Health insurance

Work with Accenture ? Rate Accenture as a workplace.

Click to Rate