American Express

Flexible

American Express Reviews

1 - 10 of 367 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Terrible

Likes

If someone is willing to join American express than please BE READY WITH THE BACK UP. First they officially hire and give you your offer of employment. However that's not all, one thing they never tells us is the Certification programme that they conduct and upon its clearance only you are considered the employee. If you aren't able to satisfy the management with your presence even if you are admitted to the hospital they right away issue termination letter and how you get the letter you'll be shocked to know. Firstly, th they'll note down the number of days you're absent and each day you will have to report to your reporting manager about your absenteeism-status / reason. If you exceed a week's time on or before that you'll receive 3 letters from the courier out of which 2 letter's would be of warning letter that please report to work and the third letter would say 'since you didn't turn to work so we are terminating you. A planned way of throwing you out overnight. Believe me when I

Dislikes

Total waste of time. Life will be hell if you think you'll be able to create your space there.

Work

Employees are thrown overnight.

Work Timings

11:30 PM to 5:30 AM (strict)

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

American express is a good place to work as I n part of sales team so working fexibility is there , promotion n compensation is really good for fresher but average for experience.overall nice place to work

Dislikes

Every company having they are good and bad things American Express is a nice place to work it give you lots of opportunity for your future growth and promotion however, sometimes the bad thing which I can say is like that team politics and sometime the work pressure is very high sometime I need to work in the late night as well ( I am talking about sales not for the department) and manager do not appreciate you an individual unique strength.

Work

Generally speaking my work is slightly challenging as I am a part of Frontline sales my work is to acquire new client for the American Express premium card. It is purely a hard core field sales where you need to acquire new client by your own.

Alternate Saturday Off

I have to travel within city

+3 More

Job training

Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

Good pay
Flexible work timings
Diversity is promoted
Salary is above market standard
Good company to give a stable direction to the career
Lot of focus of focus on innovation and incorporate latest technologies
Exposure to latest technologies

Dislikes

Terrible politics
If you are good with the manager, nothing like it but if not, then it is Terrible, just terrible!
Talent is not rewarded, one can climb up solely by doing politics, not hard/smart work
Lot of nepotism
Lot of bureaucracy in decision making; things can often move at really less pace and this can be one reason for the fall of this great brand in future. It is like a disaster waiting to happen
They had a hard time with Costco miving out, another such development or disruption in innovation will push the company towards bottom

American company and American systems make the flamboyant and Indian leadership makes it pathetic place to be at

+5 More

Terrible

Likes

Amex is a good company if one is working in credit card, finance and accounts department etc except Travel.

Dislikes

Underskill leaders are hired and promoted in Travel process. There is no job security unless you are doing buttering. Bottom leadership do not know How to handle team, making rosters, doesn't focus on quality work, only quantity. Unfair practice are encouraged to increase production by leaders to Improve their data. If you have differences of opinion, leaders take action against company policy, most of them have attitude problem and lack in basic leadership skills. Family life is affected badly. I have experienced worst work culture in travel. No training and quality department in travel. Bluebox values are compromised mostly.

Hectic, boring

Work Timings

1:30 AM to 11:30 PM (strict)

Health insurance

Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

I kind of like the fact that Teammates are very helpful and are quite straightforward. Lesser focus is given on training or up skilling compared to Technology based companies.
If you are relevant, then be assured that your job is secure.
For an average performer, the hike in current conditions could be in single digits and you would need to go beyond your day to day tasks to outshine others.
You do have the power to voice your opinions and identifying innovation opportunities and work upon it provided that you are not hampering the usual delivery.
Travel is quite rare. Work life balance is the best thing here.

Dislikes

They do not invest heavily in training of staff. Decisions at the upper management level could be a bit more swifter.

Work

Work could vary from team to team, but you do have the option to look into other areas and explore the opportunities.

+4 More

Good

Likes

I worked in Amex for 16 months and I got a Brand because of them cause there is a perception in the Market if you worked for Amex you must be good.

What I learnt is play on your strengths and be self diciplined . As they say when you aim for the sky you hit the ceiling. This company will change you.

Medical Insurance is the best in the Industry and Trainings are very nice.

Dislikes

People have a lot of attitude . Warmth and Humbleness is missing. Everyone is competing all the time. I see people eating alone . People need to relax and help each other it will be better for everyone. You need to be yourself cause anyone can be low you can't be high all the time.

Work

You will learn to push yourself to the limit but at the same time stay connected with your loved ones you will get a hidden strength .

+3 More

Job training

Good
Terrible
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

The company has door policy, higher remunerations much better then any company so far have worked with as the market is always cutting down on salaries.

Dislikes

Slower growth curve in domestic segments related to MBA graduates joining as executives, regressive incentive plans, higher job cuts
Growth curve for retentions is more gender based.
Major is the way the productivity is calculated, its totally based on NPS the employee registers , its direct impact comes on the employee in job security as well as incentive reductions.

Work

My work involves Retaining the domestic card members from going away from the company

Work Timings

8:30 AM to 9:00 PM (strict)

Terrible
Good
Poor
Terrible

Likes

Aesil card sales is the worst department credit card sales , people are crazy Amex is good but this card department suck it is hell I have seen freshers do cry on the floor ,

Dislikes

Aesil card sales is a trap it is a sucidal job, you can kill yourself in this job ,The pressure is too much , please don't join amex card sales my suggestion and request because outside people are like Amex , best place to work it is actually but card sales is worst

Work

Card sales is boring you feel like you are a flee market vendor ,ask people like a beggar ,hi sir apply for amex card

All 7 days

I have to travel within city

Free food

+6 More

Education assistance

Excellent

Likes

One of the best organisation to work in India and abroad. In the last three years i have been a pwrt of 2 offsite projects, it is an equal opportunity employer.. the best out of the best.

Proud to be a part of AMEX AND LOOKING FORWARD TO GREAT CAREER WITH AMEX

Dislikes

There is simply nothing that I can think of.. its been so far so great

Work

I am sorry because of the organisation norms I can't release my job profile information. In nutshell I am PART OF THE PROJECT TEAM AND WE MANAGE AND LIAISONS DIFFERENT PROJECTS.

+6 More

Education assistance

Excellent

Likes

From the initail level to the top level any employee can contact any person even to the director of the company.

I must being an employee having food..using phone while maintaining the security ofcourse any person will love to work here.

Besides salary the kind of incentives employees earn can good amount and can buy car of his or her choice..

There are few depts where ppl earn in lacs and who are just ccps..

Everyone should join AMEX...i dont wana leave its just that im moving to bangalore bz of marriage..

Not feeling gud at all.

Dislikes

Nothing

Work

Its the awesome place to work.

Job Travel

I have to travel within country

Work Timings

12:30 PM to 9:00 PM (strict)

Work with American Express ? Rate American Express as a workplace.

Click to Rate