Assistant general manager for 37.5 years in Ernakulam at the time of retirement.Anonymous (Former Employee) | Banking/Finance Division Anonymous (Former Employee) | Banking/Finance division
Working at the Great Institution like Canara bank was EXCELLENT in all respeccts of talking points given above.
1. The teammates and colleague bound was strong. There was no unachivable job and task with the team work. Team work and mutual respect was regarded as highest for achievers in Canara Bank.
2. In house Training system was informative at the initial stage of career. As levels grow, the in house training system found to be priliminary at least for me. The bank has however provided ample opportunity for external trainings.
3. The job security was the highest as prevalent in any other Public Sector Undertakings. But personally for achievers it is not a complimentary bargain either.
4. Yes, I had growth in my career, not to the expected level, but again a Public Sector Undertaking culture was the cause.
5. Salary is GOOD respectable but not commensurate to the work delivery and efficiency. Structured salary and perquisites for performers and non performers.
For all the points above a typical Public Sector Undertaking approach is prevalent, a bit of intolarance aspect for high performers.
The entire career of mine in Canara Bank was facinating. I travelled a lot and relocation was habitual as per norms of the bank. Worked at Abroad. Basically an achiever in each of my placements. Pursued the career with lot of faith and integrity.
Alternate Saturday Off
I have to travel within country
Soft skill training
The bank provided housing or reimbursement as per scheme of the bank for various caders.