Capgemini

Flexible

Capgemini Reviews

1 - 10 of 3093 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Terrible

Likes

There is nothing to like about in Capgemini...The management is so pathetic with a load of EGO that if you have any difference of opinion and by mistake if u have shared with them your life in Capgemini will be screwed up...And best part of Capgemini is that HR too won't support junior they are only the well wishes of seniors/top management. They don't even care if you would like to leave the organization as your effort doesn't matter to them.
Another best part of the organization is process due to which employee literally feels frustrated but if you share that experience with HR than they will reply saying that it is in benefit of employee only. I've everything on my email hence writing such a nice response.

Dislikes

There is not even a single thing which I liked about Capgemini though it was my dream company once upon a time. But the worst part is that I've to fight a lot for my rights starting from my exit clearance, Gratuity (which I finally received after 3 months of my exit that too with rigorously sending escalations on daily basis) or detail update on EPFO portal which ideally has to be done without any follow up when employee leaves the organization. But Capgemini won't fall under that category and in fact it is so pathetic that they won't even reply on your request without multiple follow ups and escalations. After six months of exit I'm still struggling to get my previous employer detail (which is Capgemini) updated on EPFO portal so that I can raise the PF transfer request. And hoping that at least they will do in a year.

Work

Work might be good but seniors sitting their on high position makes environment like hell or even more than that and if one joining Capgemini than don't even dare to raise any issue with HR...All the employee friendly talks and policies are on paper.

I have to travel within city

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (strict)

Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

The work environment and team support are the best things that will happen in CG, which will allow you to explore more work and technical knowledge about your domain. Also, good work life balance is one such thing that may not be found else where. There will be so many events for participation (depends on your personal interest). But the team I worked was a wonderful team, which will let you forget that is an office. Career growth is limited as it a service based industry but with the resources available, one can explore many things. Always enough training will be given to manage both personal and professional life (very good Learning and Development team). Job Security and work life balance are the things that may compel one to think about their decision to quit Capgemini. But the poor part is the salary, as how much ever you work the appraisal you receive is less. It is not just because of internal politics (not in all teams) but with the management's point of view.

Dislikes

Salary appraisal as the per market is never done there despite of the efficiency, productivity of the resource.
Internal politics will be a disturbance for few people, which you can raise a complaint to HR. But again it has to go through the same person (if it's a TL/Manager who is creating a problem), will never be sorted out.

Work

It was fun working there. Always exciting and routine sometimes, but with a good and supporting team "Work is always fun"

Team outings

Terrible

Likes

Capgemini University or eLearning is good Initiative.
Global presence, global leaders are real inspiration.

Dislikes

After resigning feedback is altered by staffing to cover themselves and backed by HR-VP's.
Offer letter is of poor standards without designation structure.
Roles are not properly matched according to experience, qualification and capability.
Mapping of roles is done by a fresher not having enough knowledge of "roles and tagging" also Management is not involved in reviewing this tagging task.
Its shameful CG has empowered Juniors(from Staffing) to assess appraisals for seniors on bench.
CG does not have infrastructure to support bench resources(No chair/No machines/No space yet they dictate employees to mandatory stay from 9-6.30 for 9.5 hours in company facility.)
Senior Management-SM (Oldies, Delivery & Staffing) is highly political and teamed to dictate rule at CG and treat resources like animals, SM are not globally professional certified/professional
Employee is forced to sit on bench before being thrown out,
PIP is used as a cheap trick to cut Variable pay for employees all time.

Work

Program Manager at Capgemini.

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 6:30 PM (strict)

Soft skill training

Terrible
Good
Terrible
Poor
Good
Terrible
Poor

Likes

The team, the campus architecture, location of campus.

Dislikes

Hated - Manager, management, policies, HR

Over a span of my 2 yrs 2months, I have seen 10 plus team member leave the company from a team of 14. And the manager is getting a promotion for this? They will take your feedback and all but that's just waste. It will never be considered even during exit interview. Hardly 5-6% increment even getting highest rating for the year.
Dirty politics by upper management.
When I resigned, then offered promotion and given top rating just to retain and reason behind retaintion is to train new guys for 6 months and then leave.
Manager will change your monthly rating basis as per his wish. No matter how good you performed for every section of your monthly PMI. Tried reaching HR, but they are your managers' contact too. My HR never shared separation policy, I kept demanding the same and he kept giving excuses. One of the worst HR, I have seen.

Leaving to never join it back.
(Feedback on behalf of my 10 team members including me)

Rotational Shift

Gymnasium

Terrible

Likes

Since i am working in oracle apps. They have Work from home facility. Very good project processes. So quality of deliveries are good.

Dislikes

They have a front office and back office culture. Front office france team will always held you back. They wont share business knowledge. Good work is kept by them. So with time you will rust your skills. Even the managers are treated as slaves by french management. And thats frustating. And for small mistakes they keep escalating and blame team in india. So its very discouraging. Functional team is only for data entry i.e. doing setups. They even dont know end to end functionality. And always struggle with front office people. Salary hikes is only 4% anually. Even the rent hike is 10% anually and maid salary increases with same percentage every year. Only thing you will learn in capgemini is how to handle french people and if you impress them you will get an opportunity to travel to france for 1 to 3 months. So think before you join.

Job Travel

I have to travel within the city

Work Timings

11:00 AM to 8:30 PM (flexible)

Work from home

Terrible

Likes

Work from Home option is available which is the only plus so far and even this now has restrictions

Dislikes

Company is situated about 40kms from the city, while joining they promised work from option citing the distance we have to travel to reach office. For past three years there wasn't any problem but since the company is not doing financially good they started scrutinizing people. And now they started questioning the work from home option which we take. I was promoted last year and was awarded for doing exceptionally good but all of a sudden my performance went bad (according to them). Even HR can't save you if your manager decides what to be done. Poor career development and there is no growth in the company as well. Poor and slow decision makers in the top level. Slow paced environment and if you are not worried about growth and wants to have laid back work then you can enjoy the luxury (only if you are in manager's good books). Poor rating system, Goal setting is done in April, mid year review in July or August and by October you have to furnish your final review (Nov to March work???)

Job Travel

I have to travel within the country

Work from home

Excellent

Likes

The company is open to innovation and readily adopts latest technology. I love the fact that I am a part of a team that markets reliable, high-quality products and has a global client base. As a result, I get to travel abroad, especially to the US and Canada. But on-site travel is completely dependent on your project and client’s location. Mine is a US based client and they have some offices in Toronto, hence I got a B1 visa quickly. Another plus point is that my colleagues come from various cultural backgrounds, and we work happily in collaboration. I also like the employee re-hire policy here.

Dislikes

Compensation is decent, but growth is slow. The work pressure is very high. Sometimes, I have to work 14-18 hours straight in a day as I have to attend client calls in the evening and sometimes late into the night. Managers do not value an individuals’ unique strengths, which is why I have to take back my suggestions most of the times. I do receive appreciation emails from my client, but they mostly go unnoticed during my mid-year appraisals. Also, there is no on-job training for freshers, hence senior folks like me have to guide them step-by-step, which is a pain sometimes.

Poor

Likes

Experience people get a lot of spots on. They will listen to you if you are experienced. Its great at sustaining the job security. You will like here if you can play great politics and like to work here. People who are charming and who loves to poke their nose in everyone's work will grow exponentially

Dislikes

Its Hell for Freshers. The domain and technology is fixed and you cannot change the flow in case of technology. Even if you have completed Certification they will consider you as nobody. Even people with worst skills are allowed to stay put in. There will be no time for your own development except they want something from you. They work like a government banks. Awards and recognition as well as Salary hike is provided basis of no based system. I am a skinny guy who does rotational shift with most morning and my life is upside down.

Work

I am working in rotational shift and there only one way cabs for us. We work in an area where we dont get nearby food stops,so not happy. Food inside is costly and not very healthy or well cooked. They will teac you xyz only if they need you to learn them

Rotational Shift

Work Timings

5:00 AM to 2:30 PM (strict)

Childcare

Team outings

Poor

Likes

Apart from being an large organization there is nothing to like here. There is canteen where not enough tables / chairs to sit on. They have gymnasium (with 500/- per month) with badminton court and all which is the only thing I like about the office.

Dislikes

1. There are no flexible timings. If you are located to Hinjewadi office then be prepared to spend your life in heavy traffic with no sympathy from company.
2. No skillset match to the actual project assigned. It doesn't matter which skillset you have, you can be assigned to project with totally different skill required which you will be forced to learn or else forced to resign.
3. Management / HR doesn't care if people leave. India head of Capgemini said multiple times that if someone leaves the company you can replace it without any issues. So, no retention efforts.
4. No or negligible salary hike. This year there was 0% hike for for most of the people even for the ones who got promotion

Work

My work is not that hectic but just boring and nothing new to learn. They have assigned me (a web developer) to work on Console based application.

I have to travel within city

Good

Likes

The culture .. very healthy work atmosphere. Good colleagues and teammates.
Soft skill training and other role based trainings at org. Level. Though trainings on more technologies can be introduced.
Internal job transfers.

Dislikes

Imposed working hours, less focus on targets. If you finish your target you still can't leave early. 9 and half hrs.
No work from home benefit at org. level ..all depends on your manager's will.
Increments not great.
Other drawbacks as per team /BU /dept. allocated.
Health insurance maternity cover upto 50k only.
Role based training at project level/ on job training.. this is often delayed or insufficient.
Too many discussions over calls, conferences etc and less focus on implementation of the plans discussed.
Horrible food meals at Bangalore location and focus is only on South Indian food.

Work

No exposure to international assignments. Same work goes on and on ... Gets boring .

Childcare

Gymnasium

Soft skill training

+2 More

Job training

Work with Capgemini ? Rate Capgemini as a workplace.

Click to Rate