Cognizant

Flexible

Cognizant Reviews

1 - 10 of 3676 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Poor
Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

For a fresher it is a very good company to start with,training is good and freshers can get a good opportunity to gain their knowledge.

Dislikes

There are so many things i personally dislike about cognizant.

1)RDP or internal exams,if u do not complete them within the given time period,then you have a great possibility to loose your rating.Though it shows it has only 30% weight-age to your YEA,but if u don't complete them,then u can get a very bad rating.

2)They are stopping most of the services in the name of cost cutting,the latest one is shutting down the inter office shuttle service.

3)HR's are there only to confuse you,they will not answer any of your questions.They will answer you in such a way so that you do not ask any question second time to them.

4)Job security is another concern.When they loose some big accounts,for sure some big heads will be asked to leave. though it is not there fault.

5)Compensation for candidates who are not B.tech(BCA or comp science graduate) is very very poor,u can not even imagine how less they are getting paid.Though they are doing the same work as engineering graduates(even more in some cases).

6)Non engineering graduates suffer in cognizant because there promotion criteria is higher compared to engineering graduates.On an average your every promotion will get delayed for 2-3 years compared tothose who have an engineering background.

7)i used to go to office every alternate sundays,without getting a single penny,they do not even provide you lunch.They only reimburse your cab fare,but please be cautious,your cab fare should not cross more than 500,or you might not get the reimbursement.It is not that client is not giving the cost of project for sundays,but higher management is not willing to give u overtime.

A free advise to all the graduates except engineering graduates,please do not join cognizant before completing MCA, only after MCA u will get a salary like engineering graduates and your promotions will be in normal way.Anyhow they will crush you with work pressure,so its better to be crushed after getting a normal compensation rather than very low salary.

Work

Work is good,no complain about work and teammates.But lots of mismanagement was there for higher management.From manager and above level.We use to come every alternate sundays of a month,without getting paid a single penny.It might vary project to project

Working Days

Usually it was monday to friday, but i used to go office in every alternate sundays of a month.

Terrible

Likes

Unfortunately there is nothing which I like about working at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Dislikes

I experience the following things at Cognizant Technology Solutions

1. No job security : My job is totally insecure in this company as whenever this company encounters ant loss they fire their employees like me who do not have any reference at higher(Manager/Director) level.

2. No more career growth : Since I have joined this company my career has been finished as I get no chance here to improve my skill as well as my career.Moreover this company can fire me anytime whenever they encounter any loss.As a result my career is going to be finished by this company

3. No appraisal : After spending 2.5 months in this company I am getting the same salary with which I have joined this company

4. No travel : Since I have joined this company I did not get any opportunity to travel

5. Too much internal politics : After joining the projects of this company I am getting confused whether I have joined any organization or Politics.Projects are full of internal politics.Existing Project people like to spend their time in discussing about others whom they do not like and specially those who newly joined the project

6. No scope for learning : Since I joined this company I did not get any chance for learning new technologies.Although I have joined this company as developer but most of the testing assignments are given to me.Whenever I asked for project release they(Both manager and HR) play such politics such that I would be forced to submit resignation.

7. Worst work environment : Cognizant Technology Solutions is a level v IT company.Before joining this was my dream company but now after joining and spending 2.5 years now this company has become my nightmare.Here I get servant like treatment in my present project.All the works are assigned to me but did not get any appreciation. Even I am not getting invited at project parties.My leaves are expired till I am not allowed to take leave even in case of emergency like sick and death

8. No more Innovation
9. No work-life balance

Work

I have experienced with worst work environment at Cognizant Technology Solutions.There is no work life balance at all.No innovative work is done in this Organization.

Poor

Likes

Yes I would want to work at Cognizant but with a more active management. People should be encouraged and allowed to work on new things after he or she has put sufficient time and efort in project without any growth opportunities. I was hardly allowed to pursue skills of my choice which were not completely different from the current skill set. For example if I did reporting for 2 years, I expressed interest in learning ETL which was not allowed even though it was there as part of all the projects.i guess nearly 20 members out of 25 were disgusted with the way the resources were not taken care to enhance their technical skills and were made to work in the same project with the same skill set for 4 years literally without scope to see and learn other projects. They put us in a locked ODC without access to any other projects and skill sets. Some poor managers made the situation even worse with their lack of project awareness and ability to encourage the resources to make it to next level.

Dislikes

Ineffective managers and inactive HR who do not take prompt action when a resource comes out with some suggestions or aspirations which led to high attrition. Most of my team mates had to leave cognizant because of lack of job rotation and inability of managers to motivate resources in such melancholic work environment which was locked within an ODC with no access to other projects and skill sets. Lot of politics initiated from the managers much so because they don't have much to offer in terms of work. They are poorly aware of technology and not great in terms of people management as well but some how got those positions because they spent 15 years in the same office and same seat. It has nothing to do with their ability or performance or attitude. No team activity initiated by managers or HR. There are some projects which go so hard on employees and I must say it's again because of the poor quality of managers who fail to understand the pulse of a resource and the project in itself.

Work

It definitely has great potential as an organization but to achieve full potential they have to get rid of inactive managers and HR. Most of them practice and believe in comfort zones. Some of them are too tight when it comes to management. Need change!!

Poor
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

1. Teammates are supportive even though they are dumb.
2. Training: is okay, everything theoretical is taught with massive emphasis, with no resemblance to reality
3. Job Security: A guy was on bench for 2 years and still was being paid, so I would say definitely Job is Secure. Company is filled with resource hogs, the money a talented guy deserves is thrown into pit with worthless people.
4. Career Growth: Biased Managers screw up career growth. They support only their own brethren.
5. Salary / Appraisal: Don't overwork in hope for promotion or money, you'll get screwed over by your manager for his family member working in the team. Here a bench guy got 2 rating, and a hard working colleague of mine got 3.
6. Travel: You spend your hard earned money to reach office, and for any outing events too.
7. Politics: It's in high gear with South Indian dominated culture in Hyderabad.
8. Learning: Dream on, work will piled up so high, that you won't even get time to poo and piss.
9. Work Environment: It's same as any other company, non hostile, but filled with imbeciles.
10. Innovation: Not so much, with everyone rushing because of Agile workflow, no one has the time to do anything else.
11. Work-Life balance: You would have to be in bench to have anything resembling the word

Dislikes

Mostly management, micro managing team lead, stupid team mates, poorly done Agile workflow.

Work

Boring, I can do the work while half sleeping. I have done it too. I am not even being utilized to my full potential, I am being used as a defect fixer.

Team outings

Terrible

Likes

Teammates : I have met few very good teammates in the project . But the few managers were worst ,few managers were really good .
Training :It doesn't matter whatever you are trained or not . People need to do thing whatever technology is assigned to them in project . If your luck doesn't suit,you might learn new technology in each and every project . I belong to AIM practise. Project tenure is very less (6 to 8 months)
Job Security :There is no job security if you don't belong to the group of higher management's right hand.Hard work doesn't matter, connection with higher management does.
Career Growth is pathetic.
Salary is good . But variable pay is not very high .and in most of the case they don't give the full amount of variable pay after the full year by showing the excuse of company's poor result or next year's high growth rate target .
Travel :I don't travel .
Work Environment is poor .It is full of politics and showmanship .
Work life balance is very poor .

Dislikes

I met few knowledgeable people here who are helpful as well . Salary is good somehow though the hike is very slow.

Work

I heard that Cognizant was a good company. But I have not experienced anything like that . Project Managers hardly have any power .All power is restricted to few higher management people . No work life balance and hectic environment.No job security.

Soft skill training

Poor
Good
Terrible

Likes

It was my first company. So, being somewhat biased, i do have a soft spot for it.

Dislikes

Work culture is not good. The compensation is poor, and the hike is pathetic. Employee retention was not great. You are expected to work like it's your own company. There is nothing wrong with that if the compensation compliments your work. Promotions were dependent on project politics and not 100% based on performance. Also, advancing your career depends on how much time i have spent in the project. For example, lets say that i have worked in a project for two years, and have been one of the top performers that year. But, if I changed my project before the promotion cycle, then i might not get promoted in my new project. This is because my new project manager has other people to promote before me. so, my cycle starts again.

This was my experience. so i switched for good. And that had been a right step toward my career development. Good place to start as it offers job security, but you will be saturated very soon.

However, based on the work, i believe that compensation and hikes can be better. Also, another thing. I have seen good people leave because of the compensation. New people were hired with more money (if the rumors were true), and they were not up to the standards. It told me that if i demand a hike keeping the market standards in mind, it will not be provided to me. For example, if i gradually move from L3 to L1 support, my compensation will not be as to what a L1 support engineer receives. They would rather let you go. In a word, your dedication and involvement towards your work will completely be overlooked, but you will be expected to perform the same way.

Poor

Likes

Cognizant as a company with lot of initiatives is a very good company and has much competencies trending. It is the best place to learn the new era of solutions, business culture and exposure to the world of trending strategies. Cognizant has much visibility towards transformations and identifying the opportunities at various industry perspective.

Dislikes

Cognizant has the Organization with verticals and Horizontals as like any other companies, but there is huge variation of treating people working in verticals that to the people in Horizontals. Employees in horizontals are treated like slaves and much more blame games. People in a very High positions from vertical also behave un ethically and rudely thinking themselves are emperors. All over Person in PM /SM /AD level from a horizontal is banged like anything and always there is threat for life and measured with billing on his head. There is lot of location specific egos and selfishness. If you are in Chennai you will get support else No one can save you. It is most dangerous life for people in horizontals. IF YOU ARE IN VERTICAL THEN YOU ARE SAFE ELSE YOU ARE ON BOILING PAN ALWAYS

Work

Worked for cognizant cloud services, Digital practice gave an end to end engagement drive with successful 18 projects, worked with RPA the very fast and growing Digital Automation. My work went on well with learning new things. Taken the challenges.

Work Timings

10:00 AM to 9:00 PM (strict)

Facilities

Unfortunate to be in Horizontal, built the competencies, skills, teams around and still on threat always as i am in Horizontal

Good
Excellent
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

1. Cognizant has got in-house Academy to fully train freshers, as well as periodic trainings for employees are also conducted.
2. Work Environment depends upon the team and project we join, but overall it is quite good as compared to other companies.
3. Job Security has never been a question for me, as well as for most of the employees. I have never heard of someone getting fired against his/her will.
4. Learning Opportunities are better in terms of stakeholder management, since most of the projects require client interaction on regular basis.
5. Onsite opportunities are in quite a good number, but so do the eligible candidates.
6. Everything follows a proper hierarchy and a process, so unexpected events of unfair/Injustice are likely not to happen.

Dislikes

1. Compensation is decent but Growth is not exponential if we continue with the company. A person with 5 years in the same company Cognizant is likely to get lesser wage than the one who is coming to Cognizant with 5 years of outside experience (lateral).
2. Technical Learning largely depends upon the project and account you get. So if you are stuck into a less technical project, your learning opportunities are likely to die out.
3. Work politics also play a small/mediun role here in the company, but again that depends upon the team and account you get.

Work

I have worked on different projects and so my work has seen quite a different flavors.
In general, challenging yet interesting roles which imroves managerial skills, technical roles imrove product knowledge.
So overall, work @ Cognizant teaches you a lo

Soft skill training

Health insurance

Job training

Poor
Good
Terrible
Poor

Likes

I joined Cognizant just for the sake of its Brand name, and for a fresher the package was good, apart from this I cannot go ahead and say I like anything in particular

Dislikes

Almost everything, from work culture to management. You name it. For fresher , if you are enthusiastic and energetic to learn anything new, definitely this is not a place. This place is meant for experienced and for people who knows how to play and ready to please your hierarchy to be in good terms. When it comes to rating, there is no value for hard work, sincerity, and talent. and you can never as a fresher say to your managers that what they are doing is questionable. All most all of them have potential to ruin your dreams, worst Managers like Harish V and some managers does not even have voice , some acts like puppets. This is not a corporate but a Male chauvinist group of men where they are like" you do this for me i'll do this for you". Am going to leave Cognizant soon, and wish to come back and screw those who think just by doing politics they can climb up the ladder without any hard work or will to learn. No new technology training, no growth, nothing. All they see s if their work is being done and if the project is working fine, nobody cares even if you are sick.

Work

In the domain am in , not much work, but when the work flows in , its like water through Dam, but if you dont update yourselves , its not just in this but everywhere else you are far too behind than your peers, ?Managers are imbeciles who has zero knowled

Job Travel

I have to travel within city

Work Timings

10:00 PM to 7:00 AM (strict)

Free transport

Gymnasium

Team outings

+1 More

Health insurance

Terrible

Likes

Company was with great culture when it was under management of lakshmi narayanan after he moved the leadership is only money minded and doest care about any cultural issues happen at the base as long as their profitability is met. BPO has become worst cultured department after malayalis joined at the top level who literally replace other people with their favouring mallus. Please check if the interview is taken by Malayali named manager better don't join. HR will always support business for their end of year feedback which reflects on their ratings and never ever think they will support you for any issues with management. Salary is what you negotiate while joining , dont expect it to go up more than 4 to 5 % above M level. Overall ok to join at a junior level but not a good place for an Manager + crowd.

Dislikes

The culture was really good between 2007-2012. When the sutherland people (especially mallus) joined at the leadership level who spoiled the entire culture. They are firmly seated and indestructible. They only give preference to either slaves or mallus not to any other performers. HR used to be really supportive to people and it used to be people centric before 7 yrs and now they are forced to support management for their yearly ratings and bonus. No complaint goes about manager or above to HR or leadership is dealt with seriously, first thing HR does is find out mistake about the people who complaint and put the ball back to his court is what is happening right now.

Work with Cognizant ? Rate Cognizant as a workplace.

Click to Rate