Cognizant

Flexible

Cognizant Reviews

1 - 10 of 5405 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Good

Likes

A good place for freshers and people who really want to see a corporate culture. Opportunity to learn new systems and tools and different genere of mixed ideas and people. Lot of trainings for each level to develop skills. Diverse options to decide on what platform you want to grow your skill. Team mates would be understanding in most projects and are friendly. Workplace is safe for both male and female employee's. Extra activities such as fun fridays or culturals, innovation, social work, are available. Job security is a big plus. Work life balance is decent. Cab pickup available for employees in bpo night shifts and bus for IT professionals.
Out door games available in few facilities and indoor games in all facilities

Dislikes

KT and assistance lacks in projects. No dedicated trainer or training lessons or modules for freshers.
Promotions, growth are really slow and can be deceiving sometimes.Onsite travel is not guaranteed, depends on the project managers and other higher people and their approvals even if you are going to be experienced or knowledgeable.
Salary pay is really low when compared to other companies in market.
Hike or appraisal is project specific and is always given with management instincts. Low pay and really low night shift allowances. The basic is very less and variable pay are higher.
No proper HR cooperation. HR department and HR's are really less. HR's are available only when associates raise multiple concerns. No floor walk or frequent visits. Sometimes you never know who your project HR is.
Breaks and other permissions are limited and restricted. Some projects even require you to inform the shift lead if you want to go out to the rest room.
Personal absence or festival holidays are project specific and cannot be availed as and when decided.
Sometimes work load can be too much that extension of 12 or + hours is required, Saturday and Sunday can also be working if volume is high.
Managers do not understand the associates or the ability of the associates and keep them posted in the same place that they decide on the same job for years
Marriage and medical loans are only ₹
15,000 which seems very low. Cost cutting in everything.
Nodal pick up point for associates and pick up points are too far. Cab assistance is really bad from transport, if cab is missed nothing can be done. Even in drop if cabs are missed associates are just stranded and have to find their own transport. No AC cabs even in summer
Admin, Food and cafeteria services are pathetic. No AC in nights and long and never ending queue in afternoon. Not a lot of variety of food available.
No adequate seats to work in the station and multiple shifts are allocated based on seat availability

Work

Managing entire OTC cycle for a project . Taking care of a 26 member team and allocation work load evenly. Handling escalation and giving feedback to the team.Talk to client for business .Guide team towards Innovation and helping them to succeed.

Work Timings

6:30 PM to 3:30 AM (strict)

Free transport

International relocation

Health insurance

Job training

Poor
Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

For a fresher it is a very good company to start with,training is good and freshers can get a good opportunity to gain their knowledge.

Dislikes

There are so many things i personally dislike about cognizant.

1)RDP or internal exams,if u do not complete them within the given time period,then you have a great possibility to loose your rating.Though it shows it has only 30% weight-age to your YEA,but if u don't complete them,then u can get a very bad rating.

2)They are stopping most of the services in the name of cost cutting,the latest one is shutting down the inter office shuttle service.

3)HR's are there only to confuse you,they will not answer any of your questions.They will answer you in such a way so that you do not ask any question second time to them.

4)Job security is another concern.When they loose some big accounts,for sure some big heads will be asked to leave. though it is not there fault.

5)Compensation for candidates who are not B.tech(BCA or comp science graduate) is very very poor,u can not even imagine how less they are getting paid.Though they are doing the same work as engineering graduates(even more in some cases).

6)Non engineering graduates suffer in cognizant because there promotion criteria is higher compared to engineering graduates.On an average your every promotion will get delayed for 2-3 years compared tothose who have an engineering background.

7)i used to go to office every alternate sundays,without getting a single penny,they do not even provide you lunch.They only reimburse your cab fare,but please be cautious,your cab fare should not cross more than 500,or you might not get the reimbursement.It is not that client is not giving the cost of project for sundays,but higher management is not willing to give u overtime.

A free advise to all the graduates except engineering graduates,please do not join cognizant before completing MCA, only after MCA u will get a salary like engineering graduates and your promotions will be in normal way.Anyhow they will crush you with work pressure,so its better to be crushed after getting a normal compensation rather than very low salary.

Work

Work is good,no complain about work and teammates.But lots of mismanagement was there for higher management.From manager and above level.We use to come every alternate sundays of a month,without getting paid a single penny.It might vary project to project

Working Days

Usually it was monday to friday, but i used to go office in every alternate sundays of a month.

Terrible

Likes

Unfortunately there is nothing which I like about working at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Dislikes

I experience the following things at Cognizant Technology Solutions

1. No job security : My job is totally insecure in this company as whenever this company encounters ant loss they fire their employees like me who do not have any reference at higher(Manager/Director) level.

2. No more career growth : Since I have joined this company my career has been finished as I get no chance here to improve my skill as well as my career.Moreover this company can fire me anytime whenever they encounter any loss.As a result my career is going to be finished by this company

3. No appraisal : After spending 2.5 months in this company I am getting the same salary with which I have joined this company

4. No travel : Since I have joined this company I did not get any opportunity to travel

5. Too much internal politics : After joining the projects of this company I am getting confused whether I have joined any organization or Politics.Projects are full of internal politics.Existing Project people like to spend their time in discussing about others whom they do not like and specially those who newly joined the project

6. No scope for learning : Since I joined this company I did not get any chance for learning new technologies.Although I have joined this company as developer but most of the testing assignments are given to me.Whenever I asked for project release they(Both manager and HR) play such politics such that I would be forced to submit resignation.

7. Worst work environment : Cognizant Technology Solutions is a level v IT company.Before joining this was my dream company but now after joining and spending 2.5 years now this company has become my nightmare.Here I get servant like treatment in my present project.All the works are assigned to me but did not get any appreciation. Even I am not getting invited at project parties.My leaves are expired till I am not allowed to take leave even in case of emergency like sick and death

8. No more Innovation
9. No work-life balance

Work

I have experienced with worst work environment at Cognizant Technology Solutions.There is no work life balance at all.No innovative work is done in this Organization.

Poor

Likes

Yes I would want to work at Cognizant but with a more active management. People should be encouraged and allowed to work on new things after he or she has put sufficient time and efort in project without any growth opportunities. I was hardly allowed to pursue skills of my choice which were not completely different from the current skill set. For example if I did reporting for 2 years, I expressed interest in learning ETL which was not allowed even though it was there as part of all the projects.i guess nearly 20 members out of 25 were disgusted with the way the resources were not taken care to enhance their technical skills and were made to work in the same project with the same skill set for 4 years literally without scope to see and learn other projects. They put us in a locked ODC without access to any other projects and skill sets. Some poor managers made the situation even worse with their lack of project awareness and ability to encourage the resources to make it to next level.

Dislikes

Ineffective managers and inactive HR who do not take prompt action when a resource comes out with some suggestions or aspirations which led to high attrition. Most of my team mates had to leave cognizant because of lack of job rotation and inability of managers to motivate resources in such melancholic work environment which was locked within an ODC with no access to other projects and skill sets. Lot of politics initiated from the managers much so because they don't have much to offer in terms of work. They are poorly aware of technology and not great in terms of people management as well but some how got those positions because they spent 15 years in the same office and same seat. It has nothing to do with their ability or performance or attitude. No team activity initiated by managers or HR. There are some projects which go so hard on employees and I must say it's again because of the poor quality of managers who fail to understand the pulse of a resource and the project in itself.

Work

It definitely has great potential as an organization but to achieve full potential they have to get rid of inactive managers and HR. Most of them practice and believe in comfort zones. Some of them are too tight when it comes to management. Need change!!

Rotational Shift

Terrible

Likes

Nothing to name not to explain

Dislikes

This company is now full of bastards, boll-suckers get what they want and deserving candidates get middle finger. CTS culture is badly f***ed by biased and favoritism. Localization has paralyzed the company and have to forcefully hire stupid local resources who don't know of work. Senior Management became nuts and everyone is trying to save his positions. There is herd of AD and D's in this organization. On the name of cost cutting they gave voluntary exit for SD and above. But they are still hiring SD is Singapore, London and USA.. net net everything is mess and don't have any vision to grow. There are few smart people working but they are bound by family commitments so can not move out and company is using them to give perks to ball suckers... I have seen my manager a core Automation guy was M when I joined in 2010 and still he is M after 8 years of his services...Company is colluding with AD, D and SD to put such deserving candidates in last appraisal buckets at correct time to cut thei growth this is culture now. VPs and SPVs are retarded and need break they must be sent to some holiday destinations like Syria, northern Iraq and Afghanistan for skills up-gradation. I am a veteran CTS employee worked for CTS for 7 years, 6 months and 6 day....and know whole structure and management in this company.. What CTS was 8 to 10 years ago has been brutally raped and murdered by few nasty, corny and selfish basters. Jai Hind.

it is hell

All 7 days

Work Timings

8:30 AM to 11:30 PM (strict)

Poor
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

1. Teammates are supportive even though they are dumb.
2. Training: is okay, everything theoretical is taught with massive emphasis, with no resemblance to reality
3. Job Security: A guy was on bench for 2 years and still was being paid, so I would say definitely Job is Secure. Company is filled with resource hogs, the money a talented guy deserves is thrown into pit with worthless people.
4. Career Growth: Biased Managers screw up career growth. They support only their own brethren.
5. Salary / Appraisal: Don't overwork in hope for promotion or money, you'll get screwed over by your manager for his family member working in the team. Here a bench guy got 2 rating, and a hard working colleague of mine got 3.
6. Travel: You spend your hard earned money to reach office, and for any outing events too.
7. Politics: It's in high gear with South Indian dominated culture in Hyderabad.
8. Learning: Dream on, work will piled up so high, that you won't even get time to poo and piss.
9. Work Environment: It's same as any other company, non hostile, but filled with imbeciles.
10. Innovation: Not so much, with everyone rushing because of Agile workflow, no one has the time to do anything else.
11. Work-Life balance: You would have to be in bench to have anything resembling the word

Dislikes

Mostly management, micro managing team lead, stupid team mates, poorly done Agile workflow.

Work

Boring, I can do the work while half sleeping. I have done it too. I am not even being utilized to my full potential, I am being used as a defect fixer.

Team outings

Terrible

Likes

Teammates : I have met few very good teammates in the project . But the few managers were worst ,few managers were really good .
Training :It doesn't matter whatever you are trained or not . People need to do thing whatever technology is assigned to them in project . If your luck doesn't suit,you might learn new technology in each and every project . I belong to AIM practise. Project tenure is very less (6 to 8 months)
Job Security :There is no job security if you don't belong to the group of higher management's right hand.Hard work doesn't matter, connection with higher management does.
Career Growth is pathetic.
Salary is good . But variable pay is not very high .and in most of the case they don't give the full amount of variable pay after the full year by showing the excuse of company's poor result or next year's high growth rate target .
Travel :I don't travel .
Work Environment is poor .It is full of politics and showmanship .
Work life balance is very poor .

Dislikes

I met few knowledgeable people here who are helpful as well . Salary is good somehow though the hike is very slow.

Work

I heard that Cognizant was a good company. But I have not experienced anything like that . Project Managers hardly have any power .All power is restricted to few higher management people . No work life balance and hectic environment.No job security.

Poor
Good
Terrible

Likes

It was my first company. So, being somewhat biased, i do have a soft spot for it.

Dislikes

Work culture is not good. The compensation is poor, and the hike is pathetic. Employee retention was not great. You are expected to work like it's your own company. There is nothing wrong with that if the compensation compliments your work. Promotions were dependent on project politics and not 100% based on performance. Also, advancing your career depends on how much time i have spent in the project. For example, lets say that i have worked in a project for two years, and have been one of the top performers that year. But, if I changed my project before the promotion cycle, then i might not get promoted in my new project. This is because my new project manager has other people to promote before me. so, my cycle starts again.

This was my experience. so i switched for good. And that had been a right step toward my career development. Good place to start as it offers job security, but you will be saturated very soon.

However, based on the work, i believe that compensation and hikes can be better. Also, another thing. I have seen good people leave because of the compensation. New people were hired with more money (if the rumors were true), and they were not up to the standards. It told me that if i demand a hike keeping the market standards in mind, it will not be provided to me. For example, if i gradually move from L3 to L1 support, my compensation will not be as to what a L1 support engineer receives. They would rather let you go. In a word, your dedication and involvement towards your work will completely be overlooked, but you will be expected to perform the same way.

Rotational Shift

Good
Poor
Good

Likes

To start with academy, Hyd academy. Its the most precious time that one can cherish in their career starting. Excellent academy for 360 degree improvement. then comes the project/account. I was in K__bank account. In which, my leaders gave good importance to Learning and development. Gave good opportunities to learn. I have thoroughly enjoyed working in this account. But unfortunately, bachelors can only maintain work life balance. For family people, one should ready for sacrifices. I had good recognition for work(not in terms of career growth/compensation..!. It falls under organisation decisions not account decision. will talk about it bot later). Company is investing great amount in future. I.e, research and digitalizing(it seems...!). Not sure when can it reap the fruits of it.

Dislikes

Account wise expectations are sky high but compensation is sea depth low. Promotions are not as promised which is making org. culture in doubt. especially in 20016 - 2018(till date), It is going down in terms of associate satisfaction and unable to stand on to the promises on promotion and very poor hikes. Also higher level people need to start packing their things as soon they may see hit which doubts their livelihood.

Work

as we work for accounts, it depends on purely account. I worked for K__ bank. Work was exciting and they are open to implement any great idea.

Work Timings

2:00 AM to 10:30 PM (strict)

Free transport

Poor

Likes

It had good culture till 2016, Managers used to treat employees as human being and their junior self. There was fexible working hours. But everything is gone and it is racing other third tier IT companies like TCS, Wipro etc.

Dislikes

1. It has hired ex Wipro people in higher management who are ruining its culture. Even RFP and other ppt will be Wipro template. 2. Earlier there was flexible work hours (no 9 hour mandatory), but now after Wipro senior management, there are many such stone age limitations, lke 9 hours mandatory, 3. Multiple timesheet and other operational tasks to be completed everyweek and failing to do that on friday means penalty in terms of Salary Compensation as if they have hired engineers to fill timesheet and complete other operational tasks only. 4. Cognizant is becoming as crook as wipro and tcs after 2016. 5. Cognizant laid off 25000 resources in 2016-17 and hired incompetent people to make up for workforce. All these bad decisions by ex Wiproite in Higher management. 5. There is no policy for promotion, if manager is from your state he can promote you else you can stuck on same post for 8-10 years. 6. Strong Tamil lobby will take all good opportunities for their own people.

Work

Used to be exciting and innovative, but after Wiproites joined senior management employees have to oblige like slaves. Multiple operational tasks to be done manually that take hours of effort, while side company boast and fools client for Automation.

Work Timings

10:00 AM to 7:00 PM (strict)

Work with Cognizant ? Rate Cognizant as a workplace.

Click to Rate