Convergys

Flexible

Convergys Reviews

1 - 10 of 467 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Good
Good
Poor

Likes

Convergys still provide both sides cab facility which is major point to stay with this company.
Convergys has few of premium clients and a very good WFM team to work with.
Below are few major problems which I found during my tenure with Convergys.

Convergys doesn't get you a better salary. Also, Convergys HR always hide about hidden incentive part included in salary which is based on your performance.
If you lack in performance for even a single month then you can't expect your complete salary discussed in interview and can't expect a hike in salary based on your tenure at the end. You may keep working for years on the same salary.
Management will always try to find options to deduct some points from your score card so that you can not get that incentive part which is included in your salary.

Convergys doesn't provide any gift to its employees on any occasions like New year or Diwali. However people from premium processes and Management do get gifts. Partiality!!
Being an agent, It really hurts!
A gift of worth 100/- or 200/- doesn't matter but culture of not providing gifts matter a lot and it definitely increases dissatisfaction.

Few people claim that work pressure is high but as per me it's wrong. Work pressure is just normal and it isn't reason for high attrition but it is Management of Convergys which doesn't provide employee satisfaction and people are leaving Convergys.

Few years ago it was one of leading company but now it seems to be a sinking ship.

Dislikes

Already mentioned

Terrible

Likes

I met great like minded people. They turned out to be more than colleagues but best of friends now. My Team Leader and Support were the best people ever. That is the only good part.

Dislikes

Too many things to mention here.
1. No work-life balance.
2. Worst HR policies.
3. Upper management does not know what they are doing; they are like puppets to the clients.
4. No allowances - weird shift timings.
5. No recognition for hard work.
6. The company is only looking for ways for cost cutting. (The associates worked hard for a particular month to earn the incentives. The finance team just comes up with a lame reason and deducts 30% from the incentives. Why work hard then?)
7. The process policies keeps changing everyday.
8. High attrition rate.
9. They may end up firing you for the silliest of reasons without providing proper training.
10. No AC cabs. You will sweat in the scorching heat and will be tired already by the time you reach office.
11. Very poor compensation.
12. No appraisal.
13. No growth.

I can go on and on but I will just limit myself now.

Work

I worked for a process called Dell; inbound chat process. Dell's internal tools are so latent that you will loose your patience. It was very hectic and tiresome, considering the nine and a half hour work policy.

Work Timings

1:00 AM to 10:30 AM (strict)

Good

Likes

The growth and the work culture. The company has a nice hierarchy system. Every department is well channelized, organised and connected. Issue resolution is very fast. The company uses many advance software tools to ease the work. Transport app is amazing. Transport is the best facility. Every position has its liberty, freedom and authority within the company policy. Management allows employees to share their productive ideas and empowers to implement their ideas within the company policy. Place is very spacious on production floor and cafeteria. Company keeps on upgrading their computer hardware. Great place to work and learn.

Dislikes

The pay package is not that great or up to the market standards. Company has lost many dedicated and talented employees because of the same reason.

Work

I have enjoyed working. It was exciting. I have worked alone as a Floor Assistance for 4 year for a tech program. I was awarded with the highest employee award "Legend" for my performance. I have learnt a lot. The only disappointment was my compensation.

Work Timings

8:30 PM to 7:00 AM (strict)

Team outings

Education assistance

+3 More

Job training

Good
Poor
Terrible

Likes

You get to with reputed clients and that helps to enhance your skills .

Dislikes

Poor work life balance and No Job Security . Work culture is not good, growth opportunities and system for Promotion is Biased. There is no transparency of information, you can be held culprit for thing you have not done without proper proper justification. Infrastructure is very poor for employee satisfaction. No Facilities apart form transport. Food at the cafeteria is not good at all. And Worst thing is management is not keen to improve work conditions. Talented people do not wish to continue working as only people who are seen flattering management grow here. Hard work is not acknowledged. You often Hear these words for management - " an employee is just a number " . I have worked for 4 employers before and in my opinion this is the worst company to work with , I and I am sure you will get this feedback for many other employees who have worked with CVG .

Work

Work Conditions for any them who works for running operations is very challenging , You will have to multitask for your entire shift and hard have any break. Not Meant for Humans : p .

Job Travel

I have to travel within city

Work Timings

6:30 PM to 3:30 AM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

There is nothing good to speak about convergys, they do not have proper appraisal, they promise us something and they deliver us something, lack of communication.

Dislikes

There is no proper cab facilities if in case you do not board the cab you need to pay for the organization. There is no growth in convergys, no proper appraisal. Lack of communication between management and employees, no proper food court which can provide good food. You will not get a proper solution at your 1st point of contact, you need to run behind each and everything in case if have any issues. Lot of work pressure, management don't care about employees, they need there target to be achieved at the end of the day, even if the tools are not working. Convergys was a good organization long back but not now, so I don't suggest anyone to join there.

Work

When I joined the organization I use to enjoy my work and I use to complete my day to day targets, we all have little time to chit chat, crack some jokes, but now it is not a good place to work as they have a lot of work pressure.

Work Timings

6:30 AM to 4:00 PM (strict)

Excellent

Likes

I have learnt many things right from the training like my english speaking confidence and also where to correct myself I got to know very nice people to work with.i think convergys is a very nice place to work with,we used to get appreciated on the floor and I found very down to earth people over there,they actually listens to each one,you can put your issues if you are facing any,at your workplace.i would say one of my best organization where I learnt many things while working. I was a happy employee.teamleaders ,supervisors and everyone used to give right guidance when we used to do any mistake or something.i would really say best organization to work with.

Dislikes

I think I would say better food on all the floors should be there,we used to go on the ground floor and in night shifts nobody wants to go out so ,I would say food quality for employees,thats it.

Work

About work, I would say once you learn how to work it's very exciting ,in the beginning yes it looks hectic but teammates and team leaders are great help.

Job training

Good
Poor
Terrible

Likes

I like the culture of Convergys.

Dislikes

Lot of things as follows:
Management
HR policies
Resignation policies for few processes
Transport people (30 min wait outside for cab and then wait for anither 10-20 min for all the caba to move, long pickups and long drops. It used to take 2.3hrs for me to reach home.)
Food in Canteen is trrrible.
People are very good at politics.
People judge you for something without knowing the story. They can move you to different process.
Pathetic people.
Lot of deductions in Salary.
You are treated like a weight on company during your resignation and people try to make you get terminated and find reasons to put you in trouble or make you to beg them for forgiveness and scare you.

Work

Pathetic...not at all entertaining. Only take calls and work not allowed to talk in regional language not allowed to catry phone not allowed to go meet your friends from different process. Not allowed to take breaks together.

Work Timings

7:30 PM to 4:00 AM (strict)

Education assistance

+2 More

Good

Likes

Convergys provides opportunities to grow for people who are willing invest their time and who work hard to develop their skills. At Convergys my teammates were very helpful while learning the process and managers were approachable. Overall good work atmosphere.

Dislikes

It doesn't apply to the whole Convergys because I have worked in one process so I would like tell only about that process. One thing I didn't like about Convergys is work load kept on increasing, of course it happens everywhere but here it was almost unreachable and inhuman. The quality of the process was going down but still it continued. So I didn't like the idea of valuing only the number(quantity) over quality.

Secondly the hike we got was very low, it was so low that I can't tell you the amount of hike we got. No extra perks or overtime benefits even if you are willing to work overtime.
Again I am reiterating this might be the case only with our process not necessarily whole Convergys.

Hectic

Work Timings

6:30 AM to 4:00 PM (strict)

Team outings

Good
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

Yes, we are in a different teams under different TL and supervisor, we create a friendly environment and help each others if needed. Training is good as the trainer are expert. The job security and career growth is excellent it's a good job. Salary/ appraisal is not that much good, however if perform well you can get a good amount of appraisal. No travel, politics. Learning and the working environment is a good things, innovation is also good but work life balance sometimes its hard . I love it and I really enjoy it.

Dislikes

I don't have any dislike about the teamates, training, job security etc. We learn a good things and we create a friendly environment but sometimes its hard to get work life balance and appraisal if performance is not up to the mark

Work

To me it's a good process, I really like it, the work environment depends on the person and the feeling he/she create.

Terrible

Likes

It used to be best place to work and learn 3 years back) , now it's just a ass licking environment.

Dislikes

Worked here for more than 6 years. It isnt anything what it used to be. HR Dept is a joke, just a popcorn public which cannot do anything anonymous and enjoy employee's misery. Management in past two years have gone down to shit hole. Those who can booze and party with the managers and ops will be the ones promoted irrespective of talent.
If some how the management comes to know that employee is seeking a job outside (for obvious reasons mentioned here) be rest assured that rather than attempting to stop attrition , the employee will be screwed over. I worked at the highest technical position for the technical process and I can tell that managers and the upper management are not at all equipped, either to be 10% technical or knowledge of the process they are handling . Everything thing is focused on how to cut down employee's incentive for the benefit of management perks.

Work with Convergys ? Rate Convergys as a workplace.

Click to Rate