Deloitte

Flexible

Deloitte Reviews

1 - 10 of 927 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Poor

Likes

The job security is something you can vouch for (unless your performance isn't up to the mark or the expectations). Work environment is really great. You get to see a great diversity of people from different states and countries working together which creates a lively atmosphere.

Work-life balance is okay-ish. Of course every job has its pressure points and difficult times, but you do get time off when required and employees / managers give importance to the same.

Dislikes

Lots & lots of politics. You're safe unless you get involved in any issues related to your performance. People just assume things about you even before consulting / approaching you for your opinion, which I feel is a very wrong thing to do in such a reputed company.

At the same time - career growth too is slow (depending on the profile you're working and in the process you're working). Sometimes it boosts you up like a rocket and the other times you just keep waiting for your turn. Also, your job becomes monotonous after a year or two and you might want to start searching internally / externally once you get that thought in your mind.

In short - life isn't easy at Deloitte, but if you keep up your performance and have a good scale going - you're always appreciated and considered first for tasks / projects / on-site work.

Work

Was exciting in the beginning but to be brutally honest - dead boring at the moment!

Work from home

+4 More

International relocation

Health insurance

Job training

Good
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

Working in Deloitte is like feeling awesome that you are working for big brand. Lot of party and training opportunity. Good Tax benefits. You can service in the company if you want retirement in the company and want slow growth.

Dislikes

Deloitte is a big brand, you will find lot of less experience and college hire. Who are technically zero and do the worst solution's and project support. Promotion and growth is very very slow, out of 10 any 1 lucky practitioner will get better opportunity(Onsite, Doing good stuff and visibility). You can get all technology training but getting project on that is very tough. Out of 10, 7 - 8 Mangers are big fraud who always favors good looking girls for there benefit(including onsite managers). One girl in my project back to back got B1 Processed and then L1 and then H1B, and all got rejected by US Counselor. Her experience was only 2.5 to 3 Years. She got back to back 2 promotions and technically she was ZERO. She was having a strong support from Senior Manager. Deloitte is good for freshers and less preference people. However good learning opportunity and job security.

Work

My Role was limited and comparing to my experience i was doing very low level job. Not much work load but can be managed smartly.

Work Timings

2:00 PM to 11:00 PM (strict)

Poor

Likes

I was not a regular employee. I was working in CTH mode. What I liked with Deloitte were, 1) good team bonding 2) good training opportunities 3) Good work environment. 4) Made a team lead, though I was working as a contractor.

Dislikes

As a contractor with substantial experience (over 16 yrs) in IBM mainframes, I was made a team lead. It was for a new account that they got from an overseas client. Per my assessment, Deloitte India does not have enough past experience, handling mainframe projects. So that could be the reason why they decided to induct many resources. I was returning from a self-chosen break from work. As it happened, while I applied for the job, they were looking only for contractors, but 2 weeks later, they started directly recruiting resources. So I was a bit unlucky to be working as a contractor. While working, I got good appreciation for my efforts, including email from the project/account manager. However after working there for about 8 months, quite inexplicably, they decided to end my contract. They didn't adduce any reasons. So it still remains a mystery. Nevertheless, leaving that aside, it was a nice experience working there.

Work

I was working as a Team lead in an IBM mainframes project

Job Travel

I have to travel within country

Work Timings

11:00 AM to 11:00 PM (strict)

Job training

Poor

Likes

Deloitte is amazing in terms of providing intangible benefits like - training programs, parties, working along with smart minds, work life balance. From a learning point of view it is not bad. Here everything is streamlined which means any idea requires multiple levels of approval to implement.

Every month you need to schedule a check-in meeting with you manager to receive feedback on your performance and discuss any issues that you have.

Regarding Job-Security, firstly Deloitte hires either people from good B-School, colleges or people who have gained lot of experience in other companies and are commendable in their area of business. So unless something very bad happens they don't fire you.

Career Growth, Deloitte has 5 service lines, I work for Enabling Areas which basically an internal support process. Here, an employee has to start from Analyst level and graduate to Senior Analyst level and subsequently to Assistant Manager, Manager, Senior Manager, and so on.

Dislikes

Here, work is not very challenging.

Work

I am into reporting. My job involves developing reports, fixing bugs and monitoring reports for accuracy and timely delivery.

Work Timings

11:00 AM to 8:00 PM (strict)

Work from home

+1 More

Terrible

Likes

Accept the brand name there is nothing good about Deloitte. Hectic work style, No Work-Life balance, No growth, No Incentives, No learning....Only Copy-Paste Job

Dislikes

Overall a VERY POOR Choice to Make...One thing which can be said about Deloitte is "All That Glitters is Not Gold"...The company spends billions in its advertising but from inside the reality is - You have to work 16-18 hours a Day with no incentive. Making an employee work under Rigid Timelines is part of Deloitte's Legacy. ...Politics is at every level. Managers promote those who dance on their beats rather than those who really work hard. Every employee at Analyst & Sr. Analyst level is Frustrated from inside but do not speak as he/she is afraid....The ground reality is - When a person joins Deloitte he thinks he has achieved his dream but slowly he realizes Deloitte is not even 1% of what he thought...That's the impact of Billions spent by the company on its Advertising and Eminence. Every Deloitte employee spends a major proportion of time APPLYING for jobs on Naukri.com everyday.

Work Timings

2:00 PM to 11:00 PM (strict)

Cafeteria

Good
Terrible
Poor

Likes

Non compensation benefits and Company has a good brand image (external image - for general public). Heaven for freshers as they are spoilt with good pay packages and benefits, access to social media websites.

Dislikes

'Yes boss' culture, career growth is directly proportional to your ability to say 'yes boss', high complacency based on hierarchy, fake display of emparhy and emotions by the management, more of followers and less of leaders, followers become leaders, blame game experts, highly insecure management, tremendous resistance towards process development and change, management encourages office politics, management loves to play GOD, money can buy everything attitude and overall highly conservative attitude.

Work

Work is not a problem but management is. Very few managers are talented and knowledgeable hence the culture and attitude of their team members are good. Rest of the managers are just surviving on jugaad. Company just looks good from outside.

Health insurance

Terrible

Likes

Day 1 when you join, you will get every assets fully loaded. Employees at Deloitte are very helpful.

Dislikes

Now a days, Deloitte is hiring people to work at client place (within India). In such a case the consultant's carrier growth is not at all satisfactory. Apart from poor quality works (mostly application maintenance tasks instead of enhancement/SI task), poor compensation, consultant will never feel he/she is a part of Deloitte as there is no collaboration with other Deloitte consultants. Deloitte is delaying the variable/bonus payment for more than 6 months as a result if somebody work for more than 1 year and 6 months for the company and resigns then the employee may not get his/her variable at all. Night shift task can majorly impact your health (in support projects).

Work

Many Clients working with outdated technologies ... It was not satisfactory to work with outdated technologies at Deloitte client place. Night shift working was a major challenge at client place.

Rotational Shift

Work Timings

1:00 AM to 10:00 PM (strict)

Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

Deloitte can be a good or bad organisation depending on the MD/partner heading your team. Adequate training opportunities- will become impossible to attend in case you are in a bad team.

Dislikes

The team I worked for calls itself Innovation team (now Strategy Innovation Tranformation- headed by Cherian Thomas and Nancy Albinson) but in name of innovation the projects are dirty laundary of the Leaders and Partners. The job is meaningless and work timings average 14-16 hours per day. Most members in the team have Repetitive stress injury/migraine/Spondylitis due to excessive work and toxic work environment. People ask you to do a task at 9 pm at night and want the work by 3am in the morning. There are question raised if you go offline for longer than few minutes. Avoid in case you need to need anything meaningful to work and live a healthy life.

Work Timings

10:00 AM to 2:00 AM (strict)

Good
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

Deloitte India is an amazing place to work. Deloitte US India is the place where things get murky.
The company pays really well. But you have to wriggle for it when you join. The HR team doesn't offer a good compensation to begin with. But yearly hikes are good.

Dislikes

The management has no clue about managing people. Everyone gets promoted after a certain number of years. Literally a person with no people or management skills can become managers.
It is no body's company so you never get a feeling of belonging. Best thing is to work there earn money, get a visa if possible, every Tom, Dick and Harry gets a visa.
If you are working for the US healthcare clients, you are doomed. Get a roll off from the project ASAP.

Work

You will earn money, you CV looks good, but if will not learn anything new. All the projects, all the skill sets, the work is really basic. This of course has a few exceptions.

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

teammates are too supportive and friendly, training in the sense of elearning is always there knowing at the door, job is secured 100% as long as i respect the job and do not take my job as granted, career growth for myself as E.A is ok i do feel formal elevation as promotion should have been in the firm to boost up moral, salary and appraisal is good i cannot ask more as i am in support and not facing client, politics is every where but i have not time and inclination to get my self into politics, travel is not in my job responsibility,elearning is a part of my job , work environment is excellent, work life balance is very much in my office. I usually do not carry work in home except in exceptional case.

Dislikes

nothing to mention.

Work

I am working with Senior Audit Partner as E.A since 2007 till date. The journey has been memorable till date. I enjoy working each and every mins,sec , hr in Deloitte.

flexible

Work with Deloitte ? Rate Deloitte as a workplace.

Click to Rate