Ericsson

Flexible

Ericsson Reviews

1 - 10 of 1570 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Excellent

Likes

Promotes high performance culture. Its a great place to work with primarily because of following reasons I have noticed during 6 years I spent there:
Team mates - I was working with a global team with highly skilled team members. Good job done by the recruiting team and interview panel.
Training - The company has great learning tools that actually work and are easy to follow. Ericsson also focuses on talent development through professional programs and certifications. It also supports employees to get enrolled for higher education.
Job Security - If you don't work, you won't find job security in any organization.
Career growth - I have seen many people grow while handling various responsibilities. Deserving employees do get promoted to next level (of course there are policies and guidelines which can not be applied to all at one go)
Salary/appraisal - Competitive pay master. Appraisals, like other organizations, is linked to annual performance of employee and the company.
Travel - As per business needs. It takes care of employees' security for all kinds of travel. Friendly travel desk with round the clock support.
Politics - It is needed
Work environment - Awesome. The company has a standard infrastructure in all offices across various locations. I like it.
Innovation - There are passionate leaders driving this through EI and other technologies.
Work life balance - It depends on individuals to maintain. It is all about how you manage your work and yourself.

Dislikes

None

Work

It was great. I have learnt a lot and was able to sharpen my skills during my tenure.

Childcare

Gymnasium

+7 More

Team outings

Education assistance

International relocation

Health insurance

Terrible

Likes

The company is open to innovation and readily adopts latest technology. I love the fact that I am a part of a team that markets reliable, high-quality products and has a global client base. As a result, I get to travel abroad, especially to the US and Canada. But on-site travel is completely dependent on your project and client’s location. Mine is a US based client and they have some offices in Toronto, hence I got a B1 visa quickly. Another plus point is that my colleagues come from various cultural backgrounds, and we work happily in collaboration. I also like the employee re-hire policy here.

Dislikes

Compensation is decent, but growth is slow. The work pressure is very high. Sometimes, I have to work 14-18 hours straight in a day as I have to attend client calls in the evening and sometimes late into the night. Managers do not value an individuals’ unique strengths, which is why I have to take back my suggestions most of the times. I do receive appreciation emails from my client, but they mostly go unnoticed during my mid-year appraisals. Also, there is no on-job training for freshers, hence senior folks like me have to guide them step-by-step, which is a pain sometimes.

Work

Generally speaking, my work is slightly challenging as I have to look after the entire product marketing and distribution life cycle as well as manage day-to-day yield operations. Pitching for my company as a marketer gets tiring and the task is slightly

Rotational Shift

Job Travel

I do not have to travel. It's a desk job.

Free food

Health insurance

Terrible

Likes

Basically, nothing. The only good part is you can do your self development. In my case, it just gave me the pleasure as it is the first company I got job.

Dislikes

Everything. The system is totally damaged. When I joined, culture was good. People were helpful. But after 3-4 months, everything changed. Shares went down and negativity started spreading. Deserving people started leaving ericsson as they didn't want to get layed off. There is also huge salary differences between two same qualified employees. If you are capable of doing good works but your manager doesn't like you because of some personal issue or for no reason at all, you might get sacked. If you don't have project, you won't get any. If you have some coffee and chit chat with your fellow colleagues, your HR and Manager will call you saying you waste way too much time and spread bad impression. you might not get any appraisal (p.s- I personally know such a case, and nobody will help you). just in a line, never ever do the mistake of joining ericsson.

Work

First six months,I worked in a development project based in Core JAVA, spring, hibernate, Maven, ajax, javascript. After that I was released and idle for six months. currently working in RPA development.

I have to travel within city

Work from home

Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

As company ericsson has many opportunities to explore and work on different domain, the best part is Its Learning portal where you can update yourself about latest technologies and products.

Dislikes

In last few years culture of EGI become horrible. An employee is governed by lots of managers but no one will support when you are in trouble, even nobody have interest in your carrier growth and plans.Employee will soon feel frustrated in Its working area. There is work balancing among employees of same grade and no salary band fixation. Two employees of same grade have difference in salary twice or thrice than other. Ericsson itself divided into 2-3 parts EGI - FSO structure Which is also degrading Its credibilty in front of Customers and losing business in telecom market. Laying off the employees has also been started and creating insecurity among those who are masters in their domains (serving ericsson for long time) but not favourite of their current managers.

Work

Handling different managed Services specially associated with Airtel MS for long time, initially served as a back office support specialist but now working as network consultant for radio kpis optimization.

I have to travel within country

Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

Teammates are supportive alot and abut training is also provided in every week and abut job security & career growth of Ericsson is not so good that I expect from the company from last 2 and half years I have worked in Ericsson in two department like Wfm & FSO central po team but as per my requirements the company can't pay more money than 10000 bugs for employees and politics is main reason why I left this Job so I know I can get better job from Ericsson.

Dislikes

I dislike the vendor or third party like manpower the service provided by vendors company of Ericsson is very bad for all employees bcoz I have worked near about 3 years and I got the salary only 10000 its shameful for every employees which are working for Wfm for several years.

Work

Exciting but reality I have given a lot time to Ericsson for 3 years in favour Ericsson has given me the knowledge of working and way to handle situation which I have handle .and last but not least in MNC,s have to maintain their cultures.

Job Travel

I do not have to travel. It's a desk job.

Gymnasium

Terrible

Likes

for reading & self learning lot of things we can get. That's it.

Dislikes

A lot. There is list. But one very very bad thing is Ericsson's Management & specially the company's managers ; they really need to understand how to manage & encourage employees. Managers are there just for their own possible benefits & no matter what. They never stand for their employees who actually does the real delivery. All I can say Managers are having good time there, no actual work, they no need to give any training & nothing is there to asses them whether they are actually good enough for that role. So they are having good time I must say. Actually company should have care more about their actual deliverable resources rather than simple feeding huge count of Managers for doing nothing. So the question is about the management also because what is the logic keeping 2-3 Managers behind one resource. CD/RD/CD-DR ???useless. who does that??

hectic

Facilities

They are giving salary that is a big thing. We can not expect anything from them. A company where for just changing a location they give excuses & take almost an year & still do nothing or a company where on the name of onsite opportunity they play politics even for promotions & monetary benefits also they do same thing. At such we can not expect anything.

Terrible

Likes

Ericsson Sweden office has clear & crisp policies but implementation in India by Indians is terrible

Dislikes

Not at all professional company. Line manager culture, where line manager is like feudal lord,Line manager can make or break his direct reportee.All senior people operating from Gurgaon HO are corrupt & running htier own companies which supply material or services to Ericsson. One of the most corrupt MNC in India.Marked inclination towards fun time ,parties,OBT but no focus on customers concerns. Women are not safe/ clean in the working environment. Those who please thier bosses get good salary hike/ appraisals & career growth.Those who are looking for great professional goals should avoid working in this company. Top bosses are sex-ridden with female employees called as Co-ordinators in the company

Boring

I have to travel within country

Team outings

Terrible

Likes

Teammate and Job security have been good far. Travel policies are something which no company can come close to Ericsson. The work environment is no great or poor but good for normal people.

Work-life balance is simply amazing depending on your Managers. So far everyone has been great in supporting work lfe balanace

Dislikes

The local politics which every company has, but here it's more. I initially thought it was me who was facing this but heard from quite a lot of people from different domains and profiles.

Sudden implementation of new forms which makes things difficult for people to follow. No great freebies or goodies which creates no one to aspire.

Work

It's hectic and boring as there are rare opportunities for the higher-ups to groom you as per your aspirations. Just need to follow what's been given.

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Good
Good
Excellent

Likes

It's been great experience working with great people. I am always looking forward to working with people like this. ERICSSON had a lot of skill development and learning skills. They maintain the ability to work as a key player in challenging and formal situations. They always improve their innovation and technology to their employees.

Dislikes

One of the best core company in India. But employees struggle lot from higher position boss. We have to work in 12 to 14 hours every day. I have waiting for 2 days for long time. They have to improve their friendliness.

Work

It's always interesting working in ERICSSON. Everyday I have to face different kinds of problems and situations. I have to configure our Cisco router for different types of Jio towers. We have to change the commands for that type of towers.

I have to travel within city

Work Timings

8:30 AM to 10:30 PM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

Currently Ericsson's focus is only on R&D (Research and Development). So this question is of no use if you are not getting opportunity in R&D. Since there is massive retrenchment drive and pressure from Civian to cut more cost, even if you join Ericsson, you may be asked to leave any day. So join only R&D function of Ericsson.

Dislikes

Leadership in India and globally in Ericsson is currently clueless. It has already seen losses in last 5 quarters. And the losses are getting bigger (as per Q4 report). Leadership will not be able to guide or lead you.

Work

My work was 12 hours a day without much leave in the last 4 years, as we were trying to save Ericsson from getting into losses. We saved Ericsson in 2016. But due to change in leadership in 2017, no one could save Ericsson.

I have to travel international travel

Work with Ericsson ? Rate Ericsson as a workplace.

Click to Rate