Genpact

Flexible

Genpact Reviews

1 - 10 of 2483 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Poor
Good
Terrible

Likes

I only like my Colleagues in my process. Nothing Else
DISLIKES :
I want to write many things in the dislikes category But it is only accepting till some words I guess. That's why I am writing here.
6.And the TRANSPORT system adopted by Genpact is TERRIBLE.
Let's say my shift ends at 3:00AM and by the time the cab moves it will be 3:35 or 3:40AM. And I will reach my home at 4:45AM or 5:00AM. They will send wingers and it will have 12 members which is understandable to an extent But the ROUTING IS TERRIBLE, PATHETIC,WORST, DISGUSTING and I am running out of words to describe it.
7. We don't have any games here (Even if there are any I don't know or my colleagues don't know).
8. And GYM is a DREAM.
9. Forget about GYM and GAMES in summer we don't even get cool water to drink in a MNC like GENPACT (By this one point you can imagine where this company is in maintaining standards.)
AND AS PER THE STANDARDS IT IS A SIX SIGMA COMPANY. I THINK ANY STARTUP WILL HAVE A BETTER AMENITIES.

Dislikes

I Don't like many things.

1. The Food in the company is WORST and below average.
2. Not many options for food and we don't even get a nice tea (The tea which is available near DLF is far far far better than tea that is available in Office).
3. In cafeteria there is only "1 MICROWAVE OWEN" to heat the boxes and I can't wait in Queue because my lunch/Dinner break is only for 30 Minutes. We do have that vending machine but in weekends there will be nothing in that.
4.The toilets are DISGUSTING. As per my job I need to work in weekends and using the toilets in Weekend is a big NIGHTMARE. Even TISSUES are not available.
5. Till last year we at least use to have Team Outings and this year they even cancelled that Team Outing and don't know the reason. :(
6. And the TRANSPORT system adopted by Genpact is TERRIBLE.
I WANT TO WRITS MANY MORE THINGS BUT THE FORM IS NOT ALLOWING ME TO WRITE.

Working Days

It depends on the schedule (I will get any 2 days Off)

Work Timings

10:00 PM to 7:00 AM (strict)

Good

Likes

Without any prejudice towards any particular individual/colleagues, I must say that Genpact can actually present you with a good opportunity to learn and develop skills and knowledge into the doman you will be working in, if:
a) you are a fresher looking to kickstart your career with a corporate. You will face challenges, you will learn new skills and obtain a basic understanding of how things nudge and budge in a corporate working environment.
b) If you're planning for retirement after you've already acheived enough in your career to sustain yourself and your family and now you're looking for a minimum yet stable income source to support the tit-bits of your everyday family life. OR,
c) If you belong to a well bred family with a wealthy and quite 'connected' background and may not be bound by any personal deadlines/situations. In other words, if you're only planning to earn and enjoy your own pocket money (and make some savings by that chance too) well, then there is no other better place for you.

If you, as a working professional find your present situation or requirements to be in contrast to the above mentioned scenarios, I would recommend you to utilize your time in much better opportunities and/or with better companies who can offer you a suitable compensation that any other candidate with your kind of skills and experience would deserve in the job market. Remember, no matter how much opportunities you're provided to learn in your career, if your knowledge and skills are not being rewarded with the correct/suitable amount of incentive/compensation then you are only wasting your assets and your time.

However, there are always exceptions as in certain sensitive situations where family is involved or you may have other such personal reasons/bindings that keeps you from exploring, well take a deep breath and step into a journey with Genpact (which may or may not be short lived) and fulfil your primary requirements while you wait for the right opportunity

Dislikes

Salary/Compensation, Employee amenities/facilities, Poor communication flow between employee services team and management, Lack of concern for employees and their careers, Lack of a proper employee grievance addressal infrastructure

Work Timings

5:30 PM to 2:30 AM (strict)

Job training

Good
Excellent
Good
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

This company is great for freshers as well as experienced people.They have global clients so you can opt process according to your suitable time.w Weekends off, compoffs and overall their is a friendly environment so incase of family emergency they help you guide you. For me it was like my second home. Friendly environment and fun activities, parties make life smooth and reduces work stress. They have On-Job trainings and as well as clients visits globally so you can get chance to travel abroad depending on the requirements. They have referral policy which benefits employee. If you need training for upskilling you can opt for that. Even you can go for diploma and certificate courses from reputed institution like IIM, XLRI so on. Overall you get an excellent environment to groom yourself.

Dislikes

Growth rate is slow. You have to work during weekends as well for which you are not paid and not appreciated much. Managers expectations are always far different from your own expectations. You are being valued till the time you listen to your managers, any input out of their interest is not entertained. Many of my own ideas were not accepted earlier and then presented by my managers as there own one. Many times even when your client appreciates it is not counted during your appraisal or growth time. Asking for leaves is sometimes a hard task even when your client approves and at the year end your leaves lapse. Transport is a big issue. Waiting for cabs after working for 10-11 hours is really rediculous.

Working Days

Usually Monday to Friday but many times during weekends as wee

Gymnasium

Team outings

+3 More

Terrible

Likes

Genpact has multiple accounts to support, so this does give the employees much of options to choose from if they are done working in one process. But this doesn't give a steady and incremental experience in one domain. People generally try to save the job first than getting the preffered domain/profile, and eventually settle with hap hazard work experience which is of no value in long term and also
If trying outside organisation

Dislikes

People are aged old with aged old practices and don't open for new suggestions or ideas or for that matter of fact any experience with any successful idea from previous organisation doesn't go down well here. It's more of "you scratch my back and I will yours" kind of work culture. Also people are not paid well too and are made fool with extra efforts in Education At Work (which I presume is another way of making money out of poorly paid employees) all in the name of retaining people.
No consideration is given to employees, for e.g. even if the transport expense is charged to employees monthly, the condition of cabs and shuttle service is worst than public transport. No safety for women employees is considered.
Groupism, ineffective operations and autocracy are few words to mention working here for two years, I would rethink if getting an opportunity to work here again.
Thanks for taking the feedback

Work

Mostly boring with no motivation

Job Travel

I have to travel international travel

Poor

Likes

The working environment is not good. Employees are not professional. They are more keen to critisise new team members to the supervisors. There is always a knowledge gap in the training , thus compelling the new team members to make unintentional mistakes. People are more interested in the personal life of others. People are highly political and unprofessional. Salary is miserably lower if compared with the competitors. The long working hours (14 to 15 hours) without extra pay badly effect the health of the employees. It is difficult to handle the continuous pressure and heavy workload. The pathetic part is the roster system for home drop. Even they charge 800 per employee, but they merge all odd routes . Overall learningst is good. There is good opportunity to learn many things in a very short span of time. I don't know much about the job security. If somebody is ready to learn and take extraordinary pressure in a low salary , then you are encouraged to join Genpact Kolkata

Dislikes

Cheap office Politics and home drop system

Work

Very challenging and lot of stress. 4 to 5 days every month 14 hours of working . It becomes 18 hours including travelling time

Work Timings

12:00 PM to 9:00 PM (strict)

Terrible
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

You can come and go home after punching the card if you have setting with your manager. If you have setting then you can do work from home even if you don't have any work and work type eligible for WFH. People treat WFH as leave without leave deduction. Operation guy who is associate and just do copy paste can do WFH if he has setting but an IT person can't do WFH however he is giving support to the production 24*7 as he do not do buttering

Dislikes

No work ethics. If you are in IT then you have to report to the people who are not at all from any IT background as they got pramotion from the company as they are working there since it was a call center and they are tenured. These call center mentality management asks IT to work like operations and operation people will treat you like hardware IT who fixes your desktop laptop and printer as for then every IT person us here to fix there hardware only.

If you resign from there they will eat your yearly bonus however you have completed assessment year before resigning. They just count that you have given your resignation before the payout.
If you ask questions then you will be punished, they will stop your pramotion.
Use less company, doing all kind of frauds with clients.

Work

Was working as Business Analyst and they were always thinking that business analyst is a person in operation who just sends emails because they do not know tat what is technical analysis and what is the design documents we send in emails.

Excellent

Dislikes

It’s a great company to work with. I have worked with Genpact for an year. Great opportunities great training no threat to job securities. Work environment is great.

Everything is awesomely wonderful. Friday fun concept, extra co curricular activities along with work. I used to play in a cricket team of Genpact.

The thing I would like to mention is, an employee never leaves a company because of work or salary these factors might come in mind but at the top is the boss or manager or how he she treats his employee. They respects their employee or not. I left Genpact coz of my boss else I wouldn’t have left it at any cost. And the thing is management people also do politics at their level when I resigned they offered me many things even private party drinks n all to retain me but I already get rid of my manager. So I don’t wanna stay at any cost. But the management people who were retaining me n praising me for everything, when I finally said them that I won’t stay back they changed their colour n start behaving like m the biggest enemy of their life. What the shit was that which made me hate Genpact a lot. Rest politics happens everywhere but at lower level but when management do politics it really hurts.

Good
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

Genpact is an immense organisation with so many training and learning attitude. The latest technology, digital automation makes this company bright. I always love to be a part of this company due to it's work culture. job satisfaction is there. I upskilled myself into different roles and responsibilities. Some clients offers for ojt as well, however in my case. It is not there. I also like the IJP policy.

Dislikes

Now a days promotion ration is very less. Also somewhere Genpact doesn't pay well. Transportation is not good. One side cab is available and for that we have to pay from our salary which is already less. Supervisor does not understand the individual values. Hence there is no impact on their appraisal. R & R happens in every quarter, however this disappoint when one deserving employee doesn't awarded. If better salary is not there, company should think on other part at least.

Work

I have been supporting day to day operation and playing crucial role with xswc line of business as a Sr process Associate. I upskilled my self into different roles and responsibilities. Good amount of knowledge that I have educated myself.

Childcare

Gymnasium

+6 More

Team outings

International relocation

Job training

Good
Poor
Terrible

Likes

Pls Don't Join this Company untill you are ready kiss everyone's ass specially your seniors.
if you want to make career and learn BPO/MNC life style or work culture then this could be your dream company but wait before you make up your mind let me tell you more on this.
These People will hire you on almost nominal package you will get Garibi Bhatta as a salary at the end of the month if this is your first company.
Apart from this one can hardly learn anything new from co workers their hiring standard becoming very big issue nowadays they are known for hiring garbage unskilled people that too on Management level.

And yes About Management let me tell you one thing.. the will never treat you fairly until and unless you are a Female employee and for guys they are like hell they will take everything on their ego..

They are one of the biggest ass holes who wouldn't understand the corporate language even when your are completing your professional responsibilities and supporting your team.

Dislikes

Now I have everything.. specially after spending 4 Years in this organisation

Work

Fucked up work life and chutiya crowd.

Childcare

Excellent

Likes

The company is open to innovation &readily adopts latest technology.I love the fact that iam a part of a team that markets reliable ,high quality products &has a global client base .As a result, I get to travel abroad , especially to US &Canada.But onsite travel is completely dependent on yourproject &client's location Another plus point is that my colleagues come from various cultural backgrounds,and we work happily in collaboration. I also like the employee rehire policy.

Dislikes

compensation is decent , but growth is slow .The work pressure is very high.sometimes, I havd to work 10-12 hours straight in a dah as I have to attend client calls in the evening and sometimes late into the night Managers do not value an individuals unique strenghts , which is why I have to take back my suggestions most of the times. I do receive appreciation emails from my client but they mostly go unnoticed during my mid-year appraisals

Work

my work is slightly challenging

Work Timings

6:00 PM to 3:00 AM (strict)

Work with Genpact ? Rate Genpact as a workplace.

Click to Rate