HCL Technologies

Strict

Flexible

HCL Technologies Reviews

1 - 10 of 2635 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

Challenges! This will build you, really I mean it. Any fresher coming out of a college will get the real big bold flavour of how a corporate work. You get All the issues spiked up here so when you move to new company and face issues you will be prepared as it will feel very light to you because you have handled a lot tougher situation in HCL!
Currently they are not giving chances for any Training due to lack of staffing, appraisal?... Peanuts?... No.....FlaxSeed size. Job security is there somewhat. Behaviour of team depends upon managers, most managers let Politics grow and then Cutoff /isolate one they want, it's common practice here.Every company has a pattern and this is HCL's way. All issues I mentioned here are in other companies too but here magnitude is much much worse.

Dislikes

This company is stuck in the above mentioned phase i.e. the company for freshers or only for very high post. I mean you get all the issues twisted, spiked up which is good for year and half to build a fresher. HCL does not want to come out of this Genere, it's like overtraining your body, in a run of a year you will know they don't improve at all and it's same in every area be it system issues, HR issues, Overtime, Coming on weekoffs and not to mention Politics (it's everywhere though and higher here)

HR is the WORST part of this company and the most careless and lazy one.They WILL not hear your issues, HR here is to access to whom they should threaten "You job will be in geopardy" you will find a exotic combination of Girly Tantrum and 'Stubborn lazy low level govt employee' attitude from HR's, mind it these are the COMMON issues faced by majority of HCL employees and is generic culture here, for neutrality of review I am not sharing my personal problems here.

Work

The work itself is great but management Sucks this was supposed to be written in Dislike section but I think I reached the word limit. HCL lies a lot when they recruit the timings, roles. This is what you will hear from the mass and same happened to me.

Rotational Shift

I have to travel within city

+2 More

International relocation

Terrible

Likes

My request to my fellow jobseeker friends.Try Ur best and get good jobs.Please don't prefer HCL. Initially it's easy going, later you would realise how weak and worthless you have become.Absolutely nothing,it's the worst nightmare I have lived.HCL has a big brand name but inside it's more like a daily wage workshop.All you do in the company is work like a slave then an employee.If you are joining HCL,u cud NVR be kicked out bcoz soon u wud kick urslf out.

Dislikes

That all jazz that,it's employee first,guys dont b in the misconception,I resigned,I dint even have an HR meeting,our HR was one heck of a super irresponsible lady, unfortunately in entire HCL no-one judges this,we never had anything that cud even be close to team bonding,salary was low,and wen I enquired about a missing component of my salary,my HR didn't seem to care much and for months I was going around,until I lost hope and was silent.Management play partial games,and our floor was literally controlled by 3-4 girls.If we said anything,we were targeted and management would grudge.Well,in my opinion,HCL isn't good and if u wanna start Ur career here,b prepared for a looooooot of setback.Its my suggestion,rest is on you.And facilities!!Guys Ur school wud provide then HCL does as a company.There absolutely no facilities,u don't even tissue paper in the toilet!!!

Work

Hectic,booooooooring, useless pressure,no refreshment or recreation available.I would say me Dear Honourable Prime minister Sir,please take these organisations which make people work without proper facilities like food, recreation and all.

Work Timings

10:30 AM to 7:30 PM (strict)

Free transport

Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

A decent company. I feel time to time your view about any company will change. In my case same is with HCL. When I was working there, I felt I am lost in the crowd. People were good however opportunities were less. They hired me for development but put me in support. When I say support I meant basically zero learning opportunities. Average technical skills team members. Trainings were provided on non technical topics eg. Quality, ITIL, communication etc. However I longer run I feel those trainings were important. About the job security, honestly I never felt anything bugged me for job security and I would say for average performer also HCL is a safe work place. HR had too much power there. Career growth - HCL is a big company and has multiple projects, so for correct person and if approach is correct , career growth should not be a problem. My experience on salary and hike was bad so won't say its good. Yes and full with politics ... Too much favour to local guys. Work life balance was there.

Dislikes

Pay wasn't good. Hike wasn't good. Pay structure was not good.
I didn't enjoy .. daily same type of work. No innovative work. They are too much into support and service type of work so don't expect you will be asked to do R&D. For general shift huge buses were provided and you will have to reach to them if you don't fall under predefined route. For food we had to pay. Tea and coffee were free.

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (strict)

Good

Likes

HCL is very flexible and helps manage work-life balance. But it purely depends on the Manager and the capability of the employee. If you do your job and earn the belief of your Boss then everything is flexible and good !!! You will have a job satisfaction. Based on your project you will get a chance to learn more again it is based on your interest and push !! The only biggest problem in Hcl is Appraisal/Hike. If an employee gets the highest rating once then even if he/she doesn't do that great next year they tend to give the same rating !! I just don't understand this logic !! It annoys others certainly. Variable pay doesn't come fully if you get even a decent rating. It is given 100% only for top ratings!! single digit hike upto 2 - 3% is all that you will get in Hcl...Mark my words!!! If your Manager is good and fights for you you would get maybe 4 - 5% otherwise it is a real chaos during appraisal !!! If you get a designation change no change in your hike percentage and that is so awkward !! Overall it is really painful to continue working in HCL with the same salary ...You can work for 3 years maybe and then shift !! One good thing is Insurance they cover for the entire family and it is at a higher percentage of coverage. We need not pay extra to include parents or in-laws..but bill payable by insurance is only 85%. I think that is ok !! At least they give a complete insurance coverage!! No creche , no free transport it is charged. If you are from Ambattur premises no transport facility at all !!! So check these things before you join!!!

Dislikes

Appraisal and Growth both are snail pace !!

I have to travel within city

Work from home

Team outings

+1 More

Terrible
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

Nothing feels good here if you belong to a poor family background with good moral values and can not play politics and do not possess qualities of buttering management even if you are more skilled than most resources here

Dislikes

After replacing 2 consultants and 1 SQL DBA directly and work of 3 consulants indirectly located in onsite location from my project delivery within 1st year of my project duration with my current CTC of exactly 5 LPA, I received highest appraisal rating of Distinguished Performance with only 15% hike of my CTC even though I had directly reduced cost of project by minimum of 4000% than my CTC. Feeling like being cheated as my management assured me of 40-60% hike.

Too much of politics being played by senior resources within team not by increasing their own skills and potentials but rather by trying to play politics and trying to butter blind eye folded managers and ofcourse the tradition of alcohol parties after office.

Work culture is very unpleasant here as mostly manager leaves office early taking senior & few junior resources with him by 4PM IST when shift hours for resources are till 9 PM and this trend is going on for several months which everyone can see but can't raise concern

Work

Disgusting, only related to my project. Not sure what goes around in other projects

Health insurance

Good
Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

I have been working in HCL tech from last 2.5 years so I am having knowledge to write about my company.
In term of job security, it is very very good. You can think for retirement after getting the offer however certain other factors play some role like if you are on bench and continuously declining for a project due to relocation etc etc..

In terms of skill development and learning, I would like to say no company can develop your skill untill you are willing to. I was not interested in learning Engineering and I didn't learn because my institute didn't force me to learn. Over n all its your choice.

Focusing on work life balance, basically it's up to you, How much you are capable to finish your work and enjoy your life, after all its your responsibility to finish your task. Work from home is available, so you could plan your calendar accordingly.

Compensation and benefits, please don't expect much otherwise you will cry after the appraisal cycle :D... Lol ... But I really mean it.

Over all I will rate HCL 4/5 as far as my experience is concern.

Good company. Good culture.

Dislikes

Till now I did not find any area of improvement in my company. It is very good in terms of policies, job security, work culture.

Job Travel

I have to travel within country, international travel.

+5 More

Work from home

Team outings

International relocation

Job training

Terrible

Likes

Working with HCL Technologies was a living hell.

Dislikes

1. Reporting Manager turned out to be a highly biased person. He was always favoring one of the female resource (Designation: Senior Specialist (L2)) .2. The female resource (L2) plays the role of an operations manager, with no knowledge or experience neither in handling operations nor in people management.3. Security Tower lead for the account I was in had a Sales Background & he had no clue about the tools & its usage. He does not even know the scope of support for the account.4. Higher management does not pay any attention to our issues, thereby creating mental pressure which basically affects you personal life.5. Joining HCL basically means you are getting into a slavery contract.
6. People with absolutely zero technical knowledge are given the rights to take decisions for representing or working on new projects/ onsite opportunities, etc.7. There will no appreciation for any good job that the team or individual does. The credit will be taken by these people.

Work

Joining the Company as Associate Consultant (L3) the expectation was to handle Daily Operations, Team & look into New Projects. On the contrary, daily work was to perform report generation, L1 task to contact users for troubleshooting infected systems.

Rotational Shift

Good

Likes

Hcl is a good company for all those have a good experience at their domain
Experience in cultural activies were also nice as hcl keeps on organising different motivational and enthusiastic activities and many of are colleague take part actively.
For any training you have to direct contact with your hr otherwise you will loose any one.
Job security is good till you are good at your domain and useful for project.
Just show your busyness in task.
Salary appraisal is good for first year of your joining night be upto 50-70% rest years it just bad even 2% or lesser.
Work environment is good, all colleague are helping ones just you have be humble enough to revert them back in any case of their requirement.
Hcl keeps on appraising new innovations and even good pay out for any selected innovations.
Rest you have to manage your own work live and personal life.

Dislikes

Appraisal are not good in subsequent years
Transport facilities are just ok
Any cash claim is not entaitained on time.
Leaves depend on managers.

Work

Hcl provides all above mentioned things like gym, childcare free transport cafeteria team outings health ensurence etc
But work is just boring

Terrible

Likes

Freedom to learn all processes.
Work timings is not strict.
Training is good from the basics.
They will not push I you away even if you want to go

Dislikes

No equality in designation.Two freshers get two different designations which is not even related to their work.
Worst HR. Got my HCL mail id after 10 months of joining.Person who doesnt have authority and is just any other employee gets involved in managerial operations and dominate the employees.Worst management.Your manager wont stand up for you to his higher management and even to the client.They dont care for employees and your personal problems do not matter to them.They only worry about head count and not quality of work.If you are a very good resource and if you want to leave they dont care because they can bring two dumb freshers for the same pacakage you are asking for.
No transport provided."cost cutting"
If you have received best performer award for the previous quarter you will not be getting it for the next quarter even though you have performed well since you already got it in the previous quarter. You only get a certificate ifyouareabestperformerpleaseDontexpectmore

Work Timings

10:30 AM to 8:00 PM (flexible)

Terrible

Likes

Politics, you can learn better here. Got good name across as a bigger organization, but not really connected.

Dislikes

Internal jobs applications are ignored to the core. Nobody responds. Applications used here are always for the best interest of the org, not the user. No work from home, though they mention flexible work hours, min 7 hours should be in office, what's the point ? Don't ask for appraisals. I still don't see a reason to have bell curve despite their paper statement in 2014, 4 years ago. Everything you get here is paid by You (CTC), including health insurance. Company doesn't provide a penny outside ctc. Appraisals take time. Ratings are not applicable to final grade. A 9/10 rated gets good in your project, while 8/10 gets Excellent in other project. If there are 10 best, you are forced to lower grade due to bell curve fitting, no matter how best you are. Onsite is available, don't literally take it, it has a high cost, offered when you resign/force for hike as an option.

I can't say much

Work Timings

11:00 AM to 9:30 PM (strict)

Work with HCL Technologies ? Rate HCL Technologies as a workplace.

Click to Rate