HDFC Bank

Strict

Flexible

HDFC Bank Reviews

1 - 10 of 4851 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Good
Terrible
Terrible

Dislikes

Working at HDFC Bank (at least as an RM) is fast paced. You are in a high stress environment all the time. It is like that everywhere, right? ..but here it is the worse, I must say. You gotta forget about work-life balance. You will be called on holidays and made to do thousands of calls or other extra work which you weren't capable of completing in the daily 12 hour schedule. You will think.. Did you do an MBA to do calls to ask for personal loan and auto loan? May be you are little bit polished in the way you speak, but why hire an MBA to do a simple calling exercise to people unknown(It clearly isn't mentioned in JD that you gotta take "care" of customers other than those assigned to you).
The company doesn't spend anything on its employees whether it is any festival or for any other leisure activities outside work. If you are a performer and in the top 3 or 5 you then have a chance to goto a resort or something (again no money is spent by the bank except for those stupid shields and certificates, these are usually sponsored by mutual fund companies..AMCs) or if you sell loads of insurance you get to go for "training" in a foreign country (again bank doesn't pay anything, it comes from the pockets of insurance companies, which charge heavily from customers buying their insurance policies..Ex: If you are paying a one lakh premium about 85k-90k is actually invested and rest goes to some maintenance fees and to sponsor such outings).
Many seniors are ones who came from the bottom level and they are not aware of what is corporate culture as such. You have senior VPs talking BS English. (Mind you..I am not belittling their experience or their expertise in banking) You can't even bear the embarrassment when you take these guys on joint calls to meet some CXOs/other seniors to assist with a closure of some business deal. They talk some nonsensical English and have the worst kind of humor.
HR is the worst and don't have any powers.

Work

Work is quite hectic. Good thing is that you get to meet people from various fields and learn a lot. You perform or you perish.Only old guys remain..New guys who join are gone within couple of months. People are brain fed that it is the best place to work

Alternate Saturday Off

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

THERE IS ONE GOOD THING IS THAT HDFC BANK LTD GIVE BEST ROI TO CUSTOMERS FOR GL.

The second thing I like is that THE HDFC BANK LTD is only and only one bank which is giving best incentive to SO for GL compare to other banks and NBFC and there is no limitation in insentive. which I like most.

AND THAT IS MAIN REASON FOR MY MINIMUM TARGET COMPLETED EASILY.

Dislikes

First, there was be given over target which can not be possible to achieve anyhow at that time and after I resighed it is still not possible mahuva branch.

And second superior was gave over pressure to SO which was like mentally torchering.So, there SO must have to give resign due to the pressure of mentors.

And most important thing I want to say that there was so much taken long time by gold loan officer to process gold loan and it is the main reason for falling down GL business for my branch and there was so many miss language used by GLO and that reason customers was go to other compititive banks and NBFC for GL.
And the mentors also take work at the time of bank holiday.It is not reasonable for employees and NANK also.

I didn't want to resing from my post SO but there was not support from branch staff and operation staff (WBO) and extreme level presssure given by my mentor, I have resigned from SO HDFC BANK LTD MAHUVA BRANCH (0957).

THANKS & REGARDS ,

RAKESH J PARMAR

Work

I have worked at HDFC BANK LTD for 4 yrs and 10.months .At the time of my new joining I feel so excited and then slowly slowly there was become so boring due to long process time of GL.

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 9:30 PM (strict)

Facilities

there was no any other benefits given to SO.

Excellent
Good
Excellent

Likes

HDFC Bank is Very Good Bank. As Compared To Other Private Bank Sector. Salary Process is Very Good But Employee Growth is very low
I am Working with HDFC Bank Last 7-oct-2014 To 10 Jan 2018 .But my Salary structure is Very Low my CTC is very Low so That's why I was Resinge the Bank Bank Policy is To much Good Bosses and They Are Good Communicat His Employee

Dislikes

Salary Gwoth is Very Low and There Promotional policy is Bad system Person who is working with the Bank sence 3 or 4 years But They r not Valuable for The Bank
New Fresher Employee are newly Joing the Bank but his salary is More Than Old Employee so what should your policy going on They r partial Abt old employee why my que is Why. Supposed asking the Bosses Abt salary they r not satisfied ans To Employee
Ex I am Working with HDFC Bank Last 3 years And I am working in My Home town my Work place and my Home town is same i know my Work place is Which type i was good sales or marketing to Development of a Bank as Compared to New Out sidier Employee . Market Locality and there mind I know very well so Think Abt it Sir

It's very Good Hiely Develop Bank

Work Timings

9:30 AM to 7:30 PM (strict)

Terrible
Good
Poor
Terrible

Likes

multitasking, learn how to be selfish and think about your self , learn how to be boss & not a leader.
you are on you own there , so you will learn thins own your own . no hand holding (coz you will be screwed so bad they you will either leave or find a way to do it.
Have good customer base and reach.
Process oriented (so much that there si duplication of work only to waste time)
They will not through you out. (but ensure will make an environment they you will leave / resign yourself )

Dislikes

Thinks Its a Branch and not Employees made it a Brand.
Make you work Like donkey . But don't reward you. (monitory is zero)
You grow only if you r selfish and behave like one.
You will be kept at same position till you keep doing good job, Promotion you have to try .. try n try ..
Supervisors are those rich People who exploit the working under them to get there own targets (no matter how you do), Instead of getting to the ground level understanding and knowing the work pressure. they just are there to put pressure on you how they are been pressurized by there supervisors
Leaders have no place , only Boss can live there.

Go only to learn things fast .and then get out. you will be paid peanuts but they will hire people with ZERO knowledge less understanding at higher package. (feels insulting to existing employees- so move on)

Work

PB roll of sales 60 % sales 40% operations (only on paper) its 101% .
You work like an RM but get paid less and no incentives. (even if you perform excellent)
3 -4 yrs getting best rating you don't get promoted only. (till you don't cry)
You are back u

I have to travel within city

Good
Terrible
Poor

Likes

Supportive environment and good for learning because I think their is no other private bank which possess this much products and supportive infrastructure.
Always got to learn new things and you need be versatile to cop with that same... every week or a month new programs new product and different issues or quire's resided and accordingly you need to act upon it . In short you need to change yourself constantly and implementation of new plane and execution

Dislikes

High working hours(14+)
Low remuneration
Compared to products employees are less in ops....
Cost cutting is the first priority and accordingly your hard earned bonus can also become the part of the plane of cost cutting.
Work even in holidays (ops)
Mostly training are executed in senond-fourth Saturday s and Sunday s
Weak HR role
Mostly important ly the softwares used by HDFC are so time consuming and lengthy that some it tooks the whole long day to unlock a simple Id and they are not user friendly....very difficult to use as well as time consuming

Work

Very intensive a normal person can't think about it.... customer queries to clearing of cheque to retail asset -all kinds of loan- CMS client-liblity-SME-LOAN CLOSURE-Afterservice-SELF HELP GROUP LOAN RELATED - Businesses banking - E-net .....and soooo

Work Timings

9:30 AM to 5:30 AM (strict)

Good

Likes

Hdfc Bank is a good place to work with just like other organisations.In the initial phase of joining the bank what seemed different was the more casual attitude with peer groups however the same has evolved over time.But of course if compared with some organisations where I have worked in the past which had a very Formal atmosphere and highly political making it difficult to interact with anybody for that matter while people holding very strong views about every behaviour or anything for that matter. In contrast Hdfc Bank was a breather. No one would or should think of quitting in the early phase which is always a tough part but that even had become very smooth with newer technology, newer process , more defined expectations and defined job roles with adequate training and exposure with guidance. One cannot ask for more. Also if you are serious and set your goals right and get that right you are taken care off and need not look at growth elsewhere outside in the industry. Thankyou

Dislikes

Lesser women at senior levels. A limited group of women folk been treated as women representation always . some higher population of the Shah community at one point in time.

Work

Exciting . at times a little hectic . But I was smitten with my work place. Never. Thought of a better place to work.

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 7:00 PM (strict)

Good

Likes

The company is open to innovation and readily adopts latest technology. I love the fact that I am a part of a team that markets reliable, high-quality products and has a global client base. As a result, I get to travel abroad, especially to the US and Canada. But on-site travel is completely dependent on your project and client’s location. Mine is a US based client and they have some offices in Toronto, hence I got a B1 visa quickly. Another plus point is that my colleagues come from various cultural backgrounds, and we work happily in collaboration. I also like the employee re-hire policy here.

Dislikes

Compensation is decent, but growth is slow. The work pressure is very high. Sometimes, I have to work 14-18 hours straight in a day as I have to attend client calls in the evening and sometimes late into the night. Managers do not value an individuals’ unique strengths, which is why I have to take back my suggestions most of the times. I do receive appreciation emails from my client, but they mostly go unnoticed during my mid-year appraisals. Also, there is no on-job training for freshers, hence senior folks like me have to guide them step-by-step, which is a pain sometimes.

Loan department

Alternate Saturday Off

Health insurance

Poor

Likes

Life Insurance Agent Bank.Bank with Good product Bundle, but wastage, as it don't have right staff to implement.Operation Process is Strong.Digital Platform is user friendly.Good bank for customer solutions but bad work culture to stay.Big Brand, but like it says, power comes with responsibility,which is missing in this Bank.

Dislikes

No Work Life Balance.No banking culture but only Worst Bancassurance pratices.Work Culture is very poor ,Learning at work is very poor.HR is very Weak.Management Initaititves are taken for granted,only for MIS management.Bank of MIS but no implementation.Senior uses abusive language.Bank of Arrogance.No training culture.Priorities are not defined and it changes multiple time in a day.All staff feels working like Life Insurance Agent is irony on ground level.

Work

Boring and over Hectic.Aspirations are killed because of Favoritism at senior level.ZH CH are not involved at ground level.Only giving orders, what to do is Not important, but how to is,and senior level miss this quality.Required to work on holidays too.

Work Timings

9:30 AM to 8:30 PM (strict)

Soft skill training

Poor

Likes

HDFC bank is banking sector it is differ from other banks, it entered into the financial department through consumer Durable loans & vehicle loans, company main Moto is to enlarge their market strength through these type of loans & comming very close relationship to the customers. For their market strength, the company offers some dedicated qualified people who are really interested to do the job as a sales executive.,hiring them and given training by the seniors for one month..& let them throw out in the market and fix daily targets per head. Is it a career.? is there any growth..? I observe my seniors when I was in training they are all from 2 1/2years as a sales executive.,when they growth & how can I get good career..??

Dislikes

Iam a sales executive.,it is all about sales market only.,daily targets.,we can convert the customer, changes his/her mind set and finally we sell our product I.e., giving finance to CDL on Products.

Work

Good & friendly atmosphere from collegues Daily challenges., Daily targets if we reach our daily targets no problem otherwise some pressures & warnings from the higher officials.

Work Timings

10:30 AM to 9:30 PM (strict)

Facilities

We are doing on role jobs but company offers nothing as you mentioned on the above.. atleast T.A or D.A also not providing.

Good

Likes

Doing internship in such a reputated bank is my dream come for a career . On the first day of the internship , the HR manager had gone through all the departments of the bank and explained me how a bank works and whats the structure i n the private bank . I was handling a routine task in that bank where I was responsible for kinds of documentation work . Training will be given by the official guys in the bank . Targets wil be thre and there wil be lots of challenges inside the bank which will allow you to push your limits and workharder to earn goodwill inside the branch . Nice working culture culture , sometimes work pressure wil be more . If anyone willing to set his/her career in banking field , must do internshi in banking field to get an idea as whats going on andhow to tackle cusyomer in efficient manner .

Dislikes

Bank is very much strict about time panctual . Late more than 5 minute is what the managers wont like & indiscipline wont be tolerate by any officials.

Work

It was challenging , little hectic .

Monday to Friday

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (strict)

Team outings

Soft skill training

Health insurance

Job training

Work with HDFC Bank ? Rate HDFC Bank as a workplace.

Click to Rate