Hewlett-Packard

Flexible

Hewlett-Packard Reviews

1 - 10 of 878 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Terrible

Likes

I didn't like anything about the company. The worst MNC experience.

Dislikes

The team mates were pathetic, being a single girl employee in that team with all experienced people they never give a chance to learn and moreover joining as a fresher. They would treat u as a fresher even if u stay in the company for 10 years.
My team lead used to talk in regional language about y did they send a girl to our team. Manager was in some other state, so was unaware what is going on in the team. So whatever he got an update from the team lead he used to believe that. From day one they didn't like a girl in the team.
Hike will never happen if u join Hp and neither will u get any growth because your team members who r working for ages will never leave so u will remain stagnant.
No appraisals will happen if u join and full of politics.
Even if u r suffering from some contagious disease, ur supervisor will make sure u come to office. there is no trust on employees.
Work pressure is too much, that even if u go on vacation your higher authorities will make sure u work. No personal life. The employees in that company think that since u r single so u don't have personal life or space.
Worst Company and worst team i have ever worked in, in my so many years of work experience.
After leaving the company they will try to spread rumors about u and few employees will send u cheeky and annoying messages on social media, as they will also tell u not to disclose it with other team members.
I will never recommend anyone to join this company.

Hectic

Poor
Good
Excellent
Poor

Likes

Company is really good. That's why people don't move out very easily. Only thing why people stick to their job is because of the company and it's policies. Company is very much employee oriented. Employees get full freedom to work as they want. It is not a strict company. Laptops will be given to all employees irrespective of their designation.
Free transport is provided both ways. Medical insurance for employee, spouse and children are paid by the company. Medical policies are also very good which is not given in other MNCs.

Dislikes

Career growth is less. Senior people stick on to their jobs forever and no promotions are given to the juniors. To get a promotion it takes minimum 3-4 years to work in the same role. When asked for a promotion they say there are so many seniors waiting in the pipeline and our chance will be only after theirs. Pay wise also not that great.
Career growth will happen only in the same domain. For ex: If someone is good in programming or bigdata and if they are working in technical support department, the management allows them to move only in tech support team and they wont be given a chance to move to development field.
If people support printers, they can only grow in that line. Where as in outside world there is no scope being a printer specialist. To become a team lead it takes nearly 6 years. To become a manager it takes more than 10 years.
No onsite opportunities.

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (strict)

+3 More

Poor

Likes

I worked for Hewlett Packard Enterprise as a contract employee for the 3PAR team which was run very efficiently by Mr.Vibhu Singh since he has had a decade of experience in the company. Until the Night shift i was enjoying my time at 3PAR , After that i moved to the DCT team which was very badly run as it was a backend role and there was a lot of insecurity as the manager would misguide us about the team being dissolved constantly in team meetings and discussions

Dislikes

Delivery Control Tower GWE was the most disappointing team I worked for as it was a backend role which had no significant contribution to the company . It was a waste of time and my team mates Ritu Varne and Catherine Rani were not at all congenial or mature in a advisory role being 2 years older than me . Ritu Varne has a very bad character and a horrible personality as a woman and would often manipulate and brainwash Catherine Rani against me while complaining to the manager for minor issues . Tek System HR would also support them against me as i was a contract employee by Tek Systems. However the 3 PAR team was the best team i ever worked for despite being in the night shift where i faced mental strain due to lack of sleep , However The team and the SMES were mature and experienced and there was a lot of scope for growth and promotion in the 3PAR team even as a contract employee.

Work

It was a customer support role .

Work Timings

10:30 AM to 7:30 PM (strict)

+1 More

Good
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

I am talking about HP between the period from 2002 to 2012. It was a wonderful period that HP was always considered as an employees organization due to the care and opportunities given was beyond the comparison against industry standards. Its a wonderful organization gives continues learning opportunities, skill development both related to your work as well your desire to learn new things towards your overall development. Though the compensation might be little low comparing industry standards, the job security, long-term benefits like ESOP, travel opportunities, promotions and room for testing new methods and innovations are beyond comparison. Work-life balance and job security was something that cannot be compared with any organization and especially for ladies its the safest place to work and strike a wonderful balance with family.

Dislikes

One point of time HP was started lacking a right leader on the top rung and being such a huge organization, they failed to consolidate and focus on business strategies which bring in new technological changes in overall IT and ITES business. Unfortunately, they fail to understand what they want and what they need to do to pull up themselves preventing deterioration.

Work

It's my golden period of working and always close to my heart to remember and refer to any conversation that brings up my past work experience.

Job Travel

I have to travel international travel

+7 More

Free food

Education assistance

International relocation

Good

Likes

I was close to our teammates we all gather together and work for growth of the company ,the training was very good when I joined as a fresher trainer was well trained me .Job security is too good they provide two way cab facilities even for general shifts as I was working for day shift .Growth also good but hike was little . salary hike was little less.my working life was good in environment and I felt so happy and satisfied in that company and my colleagues was supporting me so that v can work for the company and make our project success . traveling in the cab was seems to enjoyable our cab driver was maintaining time properly to login into our work .As a result I love the company more

Dislikes

Less hike that didn't seem to my growth of salary as I come from middle class family .I was not able to expect lot from that company

Work

As I was working as a system admin on Linux and cloud platform it seems little tough to handle but I was taking it as challenging and working to the company.All things v do by using most of commands in Linux and I got chance to learn about AWS .

Job Travel

I have to travel within city

Childcare

+3 More

International relocation

Poor

Likes

Campus environment is pretty healthy and hygiene.

Dislikes

My manager is a monarch.
He does not believe in employees and skill set.(In-spite of multiple levels of technical interviews before hiring).
He strongly believes that company is his property and all engineers ( excluding his sector-ed people) are all slaves.
They do not believe in employee technical abilities and smart working is neither encouraged nor appreciated.
Only his words are the best and none other's are worthful.
Never projects appreciations received from client to company management.
Working extended hours whenever needed (with no additional pay or recognition) is the duty of engineer.
He projects his(management side) mistakes, as if done because of engineers inability.
Unnecessary additional processes imposed on engineers.
Sick leaves to be planned properly in advance. :(
Office is the first wife.
etc etc....

Technically -- Good.
Process wise -Heavy load.
Work load -Very high.
Extended working hours- Very Common.
Campus--Very good.

Work Timings

6:00 AM to 12:30 PM (strict)

Poor

Likes

Good Thing : Work life balance and salary is also good for experienced people.
Best Thing: if you have More experience you can Target some fresher level or 2-3 years experience guy.these people are not doing anything.and you can easily escape with work or problem.
Superb Thing: They won't provide any training on prosperity Product and technology but Expect you to finish Task in 1 day.

Don't prefer if you have less then 5 years Exp.

Everybody is Knowing HPE is big organization .i will share my division in R&D unit . so saying or giving comment about complete HPE is wrong but i can share my experience in . this place for people who is having experience but without knowledge. They play high level politics.
and always follow the legacy way and technology. they are name shake R&D unit.actually they are working in same like Service based company .

Dislikes

Full chill Environment if You have more then 10 years of exp. you can just blame to others without doing anything. pure service based culture.

Okey Okey

Terrible

Likes

I have not liked working in Hewlett packard inc

Here no job security.

Lot of employee reduction going on for cost reduction purpose.

They have not paid the yearly bonus to me eventhough company financially performed well this is main focus to cost reduction stretegy to reduce employees by this kind unheally practices.

For this kind of quries Idia HR heads,CEO's ,CFO's and Directors of Hewlett packard no answers from them.

As part of cost reduction by of employee reduction they are putting unhealthy pratices to make employee to resign for examples in my case eventhough i performed well they stopped bonus amonut and Worst single digit hike .

Better dont try job in Hewlett packard inc bangalore

Dislikes

work environment,
Eventhough i performed well they stopped yearly bonus
Worst single digit annual hike
No individual respect
No career growth

Terrible

Likes

Its a worst company to work.
i ever worked this kind of company.
There is no job security.

Lot of employee reduction is happing as part of cost reduction.
Even though i performed well this time hp inc would not given any bonus amount and Single digit annual hike all these unhealthy things are doing in hp inc to create dissatisfaction and wanted employee to leave.

Management is toooo worst.

If we raise issues what we facing they will put us more problems.
No carree growth.
Managee is tooo political man.
Team is totally waste

Dislikes

I did not like any thing in hp inc

Work

No carree growth in hp inc.

Many employee reduction is going and putiing lot of work on few employees last six months 50% of our team gone out but no new replacement of employess .

Work Timings

3:00 PM to 12:30 AM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

There is a typical Casino environment.
Training was provided for archived products but not on anything new.. No budgets for anything new.. Management was toothless and biased on all metrics.
Stale and biased top management with self centric and made centre for unethical practices. Ghost employees and ghost managers exist here.
The manager's technical background is diverse collection of vegetables /Fruit Market background and Janitorial management. Room service attendants were made forcefully converted to IT manager. No new innovations were added on time or to the market. Let to the split.. The innovation claimed were little or no relevant.

Dislikes

No value for people no values for effort and non technical.

Work

Work was exciting for a certain time but later there was no growth centric.

I do not have to travel. It's a desk job.

Work with Hewlett-Packard ? Rate Hewlett-Packard as a workplace.

Click to Rate