Hitachi Consulting

Flexible

Hitachi Consulting Reviews

1 - 10 of 85 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Good

Likes

Very good for college graduates - They provide training as well as encourage extra curricular activities. Team outings, annual day celebrations - encourages every kind of talent.

Happening organization - Most of the occasions are celebrated, trainings keep happening, book review sessions, toast masters club, gym, sports, outings, team lunches, bring your kids to work - where you can get your kids to the floor and there are a lot of things planned for kids of every age group.

Mandatory 5 hours login time - This means, if you have little work on a particular day, you may leave the office after 5 hours of your login time and get connected back at your home.

Remote working - Depends on how considerate your manager is. If you're lucky, then its no worry to work remotely as long as your need is required on the floor.

Dislikes

Management - Unorganized, Unplanned, Unethical, Inconsiderate
Job security - Even a 6 month old permanent employee could be terminated for a reason which is not based on the employee's performance
Work environment - No body takes the responsibility of work as the management doesn't care enough
Bonus - Not sure if you get it every quarter. Depends on the organisation's overall profits and reaching their targets. In my one year of tenure, bonus was skipped in two quarters
Appraisal - Again not based on your performance. The organization's profits drive this.
Work-life Balance - While offering the job, lot of benefits and flexibility is promised. The same doesn't work after you join.
HR Department - They tell you non-existing benefits just to make you join, but nothing works and nobody cares about that once you join.

+4 More

Terrible

Likes

Overall Company is very good, but inside management worst. New things always welcome. I learnt few good things during my tenure but no encouragement from management. No proper tracking of reporting manager hierarchy.

Dislikes

Full time pass people includes country head... they always chatting with NCGs or different team members(F) for tea break at least 1 hour and ignore their team members.I saw other important thing is they should give importance to north side people and hiring those regions for replacements and at the time of interview also they would talk their local language like rajasthani or ordisa. No work at all overall in this company. Budget also by planned contributed at the time of appraisal. Telugu employee always lose. All onsite opportunity would be preferred non-telugu. NOTE:- But this all were working in Telangana land SEZ.

This is message to CEO .............Pls focus on ppl who are all having 8 to 20 + years of experience in Non technical area. Those all are lose to the company and believe me no work at macro level. Simply sending onsite their respective family members and enjoying our company budget.Full comfort zone. No work only attend few meetings and after 5 hours leaving office.

Work

Nothing much challenge. Few ppl bought some software from Ameerpet area and implemented in company with the help of their friends and cheating to company by told that we have implemented with help of local technical support.

Poor

Likes

Will provide good learning opportunities and immediately after joining was given Cloud implementation project. Went to client location Malaysia and successfully implemented the project. Later working in support of the same project.

Dislikes

No job security, though successfully implemented and delivered the project on time, was given very low rating for taking technical help in loading the data(had to take help as the time was very less). Despite working for 3 months continuously during weekends and not spending the time with family the end result is not even a single mail of appreciation. The reporting manager and most of the managers attitude is worst, they will take credit when it comes to delivery and make the consultant scapegoat when there is any escalation from client. Most of these managers are working for more than 10 years and one can not go against them. As a manager they should be able to manage the client which never happened and always blame the consultant. One should be in their good books if need to survive in the company for long.

Work

Overall it was great learning experience but the efforts are not recognized. Repented for joining the company which doesn't have ethics.

I have to travel international travel

+1 More

Terrible

Likes

Everything, except the insecurity of top management and lack of revenue generating work. The place is good, and you get to dance, sing, play sports - if you are into that sort of thing, still.

Dislikes

Let me be clear - this review is not for Hitachi, but for Hitachi Consulting, a child firm. For middle management, it is a terrible place. 6 months, and still no revenue generating work. Many clients have left already and people have been laid off. Now, bare minimum runs. No plan for growth of the company, as stated by the CEO of HCC. It is 2017, and digitization is not any of the focus point. Mostly, driven by designation loving, insecure top management. Stay away, or not. If you love to kiss behind of people, please do join.

Work

No work. Worse - more people with my skillset were hired, and they don't have any work too! Everybody is clueless.

+5 More

Job training

Terrible

Likes

Good Organisation for short time, you will not get your Variables and No hike also

Dislikes

Very Poor People management, even they don't care about the employee and there is no inspiration / motivation to work, they will not give even 50% variable and no hike given on increment, and no proper communication channel used as like CMM level 3 company.
they are saying one side work life balance and when it comes to appraiser they will ask to come out of the 8 hours window, and will ask you what you have done after 8 hours so it is very bad

Work

work is good but when it comes to your appraiser they will show you mistake and draw back.
even they ask to work after your office work to chive non project performance.

Poor
Good
Poor
Terrible

Likes

Too much bossism. Manager feels himself as god and expect everyone to pray him. I cannot forget one word from my manager in Hitachi consulting i.e. "You have to plan your health and sick leaves"

Dislikes

Managers feels themselves as gods
Managers expect everyone should go and praise them
No recognition to work
Cheap politics
They expect employees to plan their sick leaves and emergency leaves.
Group politics
Discriminate ppl by language
Managers speak only Hindi, so learn hindi before you join Hitachi consulting especially 5thfloor Hitachi vantara project

Work Timings

2:00 PM to 11:00 PM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

Flexible timings

Dislikes

1. Top Management and Middle Management having no Work.
2. There are 20 to 30 Members in VP/Director Rule , but there is no new Project(Long term, Support/Development) award from last 2-3 years.
3. Now there are lot of layoffs going on from SC1 to A1/M1 Rules who are the revenue Generators for the Organization, but this should happened non performers(Management People) and strength the Sales Team
4. This Organization still having the Manufacturing Company Culture like, You have to Yes to your Boss always, you have to meet your boss daily to wish/praise him.
5. there are lot many negative things organization.

Job Travel

I have to travel within the city

Work Timings

10:00 AM to 7:00 PM (flexible)

Good
Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

Learning opportunity and good work life balance. Politics are inevitable however attempts are still made to go global in practice. Culture of open door and democracy.

Dislikes

Systems are not in place - process needs to be developed, sales and business needs to happen in regular intervals. Job enrichment will happen once the above dots are connected

Work

Hectic, little boring sometime only when you don’t take initiative. Work is immense and is given due to attention if backed by conviction data and support from leaders

I have to travel within city

Job training

Excellent
Excellent
Good

Likes

For 8 yrs in my Career i have been working only on a single technology . I was only exposed to a small part of the Project Life cycle. But after coming to Hitachi I have worked and learned Multiple New Technology and many i am SME at org level. Rather then working on a small piece i have exposed to end to end project scope. Worked on Pre-Sales as well as Innovation driven POC for multiple new technologies.

Dislikes

Many a times i have felt people in the org were not supportive of Individual Growth.

I have to travel international travel

+5 More

International relocation

Terrible

Likes

In fact, Hitachi has value based culture if look at on Company prospective. But, Senior Mangers are spoiling all the Company Culture and spending their time worst politics. So, things are not in Place.

Dislikes

Even after mails and information regarding un-healthy issues to Top Management who are sitting in US are not responding. Because of that employee can not view the growth.

Work

I am involved in One of the Payment System which is very good, profit making and can improve further. Due to internal politics, it was vanished after 4 Years.

I have to travel within city

+1 More

Health insurance

Work with Hitachi Consulting ? Rate Hitachi Consulting as a workplace.

Click to Rate