Indian Army

Flexible

Indian Army Reviews

1 - 10 of 934 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Excellent
Good
Poor
Poor
Excellent

Likes

INDIAN ARMY WAS THE BEST CHOICE OF BRITISHERS DURING COLONIAL TIMES. THE FOURTH STRONGEST ARMY DUE TO EVER STRONG MEN, ENCOMPASSES ONE OF THE WORLD'S WELL RENOWNED REGIMENTS. THE GLORIOUS HISTORY OF INDIAN ARMY IS A PROOF OF IT'S ACHIEVEMENTS. UNLIKE US ARMY , BRITISH ARMY ETC. HERE THE OFFICER'S LEAD FROM THE FRONT SETTING PERSONAL EXAMPLES AND UPHOLDING THE TRADITIONS OF VARIOUS REGIMENTS.PRESTIGIOUS ACADEMIES LIKE NDA, KADAKHVASLA, IMA, DEHRADUN AND OTA, CHENNAI ARE RANKED IN SINGLE DIGIT NUMBERS IN THE WORLD FOR TOUGHNESS OF TRAINING AND OFFERS BEST PLATFORM TO INCULCATE GOOD DISCIPLINE, MANNERS AND EXTRA ORDINARY CONFIDENCE APART FROM SPORTS AND OTHER ADVENTUROUS ACTIVITIES. ARMY HAD PRODUCED EXCELLENT SPORTSMEN OVER THE YEARS WHO HAD WON MEDALS IN OLYMPIC GAMES.WONDERFUL PLATFORM FOR DEVELOPING SKILLS LIKE COMMAND AND CONTROL, ADMINISTRATIVE THAT TOO IN HIGHLY INHOSPITABLE, VOLATILE AND LEAST DEVELOPED AREAS, OPERATIONAL AND QUICK DECISION MAKING SKILLS.

Dislikes

FEW DISADVANTAGES ARE LIMITED PROMOTION PROSPECTS DUE TO NARROW HIERARCHY UNLIKE IN IPS AND IAS. EARLY RETIREMENT TO KEEP ARMY YOUNG ESPECIALLY IN CASE OF SHORT SERVICE OFFICER WHEREIN HE RETIRES AT AGE 35 WITH NO PENSION LEAVES HIM WITH LIMITED SCOPE TO FIND A JOB IN CIVIL WITH EQUIVALENT POSITION AND PAY. MAXIMUM ISOLATION FROM FAMILY. PAY PACKAGE NOT COMMENSURATE TO HARDSHIPS ENDURED.

Work

SOLE IN CHARGE OF MILITARY OPERATIONS IN ASSIGNED AREAS TO GUARD THE AREA AGAINST ENEMY OCCUPATION OR TERRORIST INCURSION, ADMINISTRATION OF MY COMPANY STRENGTH 125 PERSONNEL WHICH INCLUDE COMMAND, TRAINING, WELFARE, CUSTODIAN OF VARIOUS ASSETS, GAMES.

24/7

Job Travel

I have to travel international travel

+5 More

Facilities

RETIREMENT PENSION, GRATUITY, PROVIDENT FUNDENT, INSURANCE, FREE MEDICAL FACILITY, FREE TRAVEL, RESETTLEMENT TRAINING, VARIOUS ALLOWANCES, GRANTS ON TRANSFER, HOUSING SCHEMES, PROVISION FOR ENHANCING PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION ETC

Excellent

Likes

Army is All About Teamwork , Leadership and Continuous honing Of professional skills through latest innovative training methodology to keep pace with changing security , technological and threat environment . Army officers all round development of all human faculties and optimum utilisation of vast human resources . If any organisation that is truely and wholly secular it is Army where you find people from pan India and diverse culture , religion and language .Army is greatest binding force .Army is isolated from political interference and offers ample scope to continue to rise in career . Good pay , attractive perks , free medical to self , spouse and dependents , Izzat , adventure , freedom of decision making , bright career prospects , leadership avenues and opportunities in abundance to attain your desired goals are some of the hallmark of Army Service . Army is a workplace where your competence and merit is always recognised and suitably rewarded. Enhancement of professional skills in Technical and non technical fields of your choices , super specialisation and specialised training in foreign countries are all free .Free outdoor and indoor sports , adventure sports and pursuing one's hobbies are all available at best standards one can think of .Army is a workplace where you get what you deserve . Innovation is key to success of Army and the process is ongoing to meet emerging global challenges of threat , security , technology and human resource . Army provides abundant opportunities for free travel all over India and abroad . Army life routine is perfectly balanced right throughout with the day starting with physical fitness regime followed by office and training regimen and then sports activities in afternoon with a very enjoyable
social activities . In short Army transforms the entire all round personality of a person with balanced development of mental and physical faculties . It offers everything one can expect in work field and work-life field.

Dislikes

There is nothing I disliked about Army except that you retire little early but by then you acquire so much experience and knowledge that you get ample job opportunities to pursue another job of your choice in civil .

Work

Work content us extremely challenging , adventurous and excellent camaraderie

Work Timings

8:00 AM to 2:30 PM (strict)

+7 More

Facilities

Dree Medicare for self , spiuse abd dependents , free transport forvofficial duties , free professional training and free sports facilities .

Good
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

IT IS GREAT TO WORK WITH AN ORGANISATION WHICH IS UNIQUE IN WORK CULTURE AND HONESTY.HERE EVERYBODY FEELS PRIDE OF WHAT HE DOES.THOUGH IT IS ALL IN ONE KIND OF SITUATION AND SOME TIME IT IS VERY CHALLENGING BUT SINCE WE ARE TRAINED TO HANDLE IT SO WE DO. RESPONSIBLE,TASK ORIENTED,TEAM WORK, LEADERSHIP AND RISKY KIND OF ASSIGNMENTS. ALWAYS FEEL PRIDE IN WORKING HARD,TRAINING YOUR JUNIORS AND ACHIEVING SET TARGETS.IT IS DIFFICULT TO MEASURE THE PERFORMENCE IN TERMS OF MONEY BUT STILL IT IS RESPECTFULLY PAID JOB.

Dislikes

IT IS GREAT ORGANISATION WITH GOOD WORK ENVIRONMENT AS I SAID PREVIOUSLY.THE ONLY THING I DO NOT LIKE IS LONG SEPARATIONS FROM FAMILY AND FREQUENT POSTINGS TO DIFFERENT STATIONS.THIS EFFECTS CAREER OF YOUR CHILDREN BADLY AND SOMETIME THEY ARE LEFT BEHIND THIER MATES.IT IS PARAMID KIND OF STRUCTURE AS FOR AS CAREER GROWTH IS CONCERNED SO IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT EVERYBODY WILL NOT GO VERY HIGH BUT PEOPLE ARE GENERALLY SATISFIED WITH THE LEVEL THEY ATTAIN.

Work

It is very exciting but due to long separation from family in this age it is boring sometime.Though we keep ourself occupied in sports activities and open interactions/interviews with jawans as and when there is time.

Work Timings

8:30 AM to 5:30 PM (strict)

+6 More

Facilities

Accommodation,Leave travel concession,Medical facilities and various allowances as per degree of difficulty in that area like Hyaltitude Area allowance,Remote Area allowance etc.

Good

Likes

The Indian Army is the ultimate experience one can have through the length and breadth of our great diversity. The rigorous training put you in the best mettle both physically and mentally. Boosts your confidence, Initiative and perseverance with leading men from the beginning of your career itself. It’s always the team work that matters in all situations. This is the only organisation where the men will follow your orders and move forward in trying circumstances when bullets are flying all over without a single thought about their life and families. They sacrifice their today for your tomorrow to safeguard the honour and integrity of our country in difficult turfs so far away from home. The Indian Army also look after the soldiers and their families whether you are alive or not. Overall a wonderful exposure and experience.

Dislikes

The organisation has always stood for the country in all crisis Except for bureaucrats trying to pull us down being the policy makers. They also don’t understand the intricacies on ground being away from the field conditions. Few of the seniors are also responsible to add on to the agony, may be for personal benefits or career prosperity. Recommended five years of military service for all Indians so that the basic discipline and feeling for the country is inculcated in all country men. Also this exposure will put everyone in good stead in all walks of life.

Work

The job is hectic but equally challenging and demanding. You move every two years to a different place which facilitates knowing new people and culture in different environment. The sufficient leave allow you to get back fresh. Quality life

All 7 days

Work Timings

5:30 AM to 7:30 PM (strict)

+5 More

Facilities

Officer Mess, sports, games, canteen facilities

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

An excellent organization. Whatever I have achieved today is given to me by the organization. Each and every one here are concerned about each other and work together to achieve a common goal in which we seldom fail.Superb team spirit and support to one another makes this organization unique. Salary is very good. There are many other facilities and benefits apart from salary. Living standard is very good. Environment on and off duty is excellent.100 percent job security. High standard of training in latest indigenous and foreign communication equipments and technology. Gets a lot of opportunities to interact with high profile Indian and foreign engineers and learn more. Lots of travelling opportunities. High career growth. Many things are learnt here including lifestyle and etiquettes. Gets ample time to enhance yourself after work time. Honesty, truthfulness and Loyalty is a must here if you wish to lead a dignified life here.

Dislikes

Sometimes I had to establish my communication entity at short time in very unfavourable weather conditions. I had to communicate with many Officers and JCOs regarding space availability, available resources and also laise with them for food and accommodation of my men.We had to work day and night with little rest.Being a senior I was under pressure, but with positive attitude and support from my colleagues and seniors even I couldn't believe how I did it.

Work

It is challenging , sometimes it is hectic but overall a respectable job. We get to learn many new things here one after the other. Most important you get credits for your work.

Everyday

Job Travel

I have to travel within city, within country, international travel.

Work Timings

5:00 AM to 8:00 PM (strict)

+8 More

International relocation

Facilities

Physical fitness training , games, Family Welfare Centres etc.

Good

Likes

Serving as an officer in Indian Army is not a job, it is an honour bestowed upon a select few. You meet citizens from all over who team up for a common goal set for the sub-unit/unit.
It is an organisation where your team mates(irrespective of their rank) are there to be with you under any circumstances.
In India, it is the only organisation which has never failed in its primary task of guarding the nation.
Life is both tough and rewarding.

Dislikes

Monetary remunerations could be better considering the risk associated with tasks involved.
For an officer- nothing is free- they provide for their own life insurance, pay rent for house/furniture/electricity/rations, pay higher fees for education and welfare schemes.
Armed forces deserve a superior echelon in the Central Government's scheme of things - be it Warrant of Precedence or budgets.
Ministry of Defence is burdened with a huge set of NPA(Non Performing Assets) like DRDO, DPSUs, IOFS, DGQA, APO, CAO, IDES, DDP etc; who have not given a performance as good as the fighting forces. All these need to be gingered up and reorged into a potent part of MoD.
Currently this "tail" is heavier than the body.

ESM welfare is one of the most lacklustre departments of MoD and deserves to be re-vitalised.

All 7 days

Work Timings

5:30 AM to 11:00 PM (strict)

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent
Good
Excellent

Likes

One of the officer who had lost both the eyes in a mine blast replied to a media reporter on his query that what would you like to become in next birth,"I would like to join Indian Army to complete balance of the tasks which I have not been able to do it now.That is the kind of training & motivation /culture we have in the Army.If one wants to lead life of an officer (real officery)there can not be better organisation. Indian Army officers are the real leaders who lead from the front.Today if our country is united we all per I lot to the sacrifice of Indian Army officers &other personnel who lay their life willingly to provide us safety&comfort.As regards to salary &other benefits it is one of the best in Group A services.(if other unauthorised means are not taken in to account).Life is full of challenges, frequent postings but one start enjoying it.

Dislikes

Due to pyramidical structure promotion are not as good as other services ie IAS/IPS,it is high time Army changes its pyramidical structure and widen it.My article "Promotional Reforms in the Army "published in Hitvaad gives more details about it.But the kind of Izzat&respect an army officer gets,even the top brass of other services envy it.

Exciting, challenging

24x7x365

Work Timings

6:00 AM to 2:00 PM (strict)

+7 More

Tremendous job security

Good
Excellent
Good
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

Overall experience was great. The life in Army is very different, people aspire for different professional facets and you get chance to follow any one of them but competition is extremely difficult by vertue of limited vacancy beyond the rank of Lt Col. At the same time one gets opportunity to perform various task totally different from each other, for some you get trained and for other tasks you learn it on job. Most importantly you get second chance to rebuilt second carrier almost w/o risk with opportunity to do best in any other field. Its just that to move forward psychologically and otherwise you need to grow and I think thats the only reason I have decided to change my environment and looking forward to experience other side of the world.

Dislikes

There wasn't any dislike for the organisation but may be for couple of people, which are spread all over & may be more outside.

Work

It was a great roller coaster ride for me, unlike most of the job you become expert and keep doing the same thing here I was exposed to new things and new challenges which kept me excited and pumped up all the tome.

Job Travel

I have to travel within city, within country.

+3 More

Excellent

Likes

I am very keen to do my work/job in very enthusiastic and energetic. I have been taken initiative and share of my responsibilities. I have good organizing ability. I have completed my job ie 34 years of distinguised service in Indian Army. My last appointment is Assistant Admin Officer with Basic for Rs 73300/-+ Admisible DA in Dec 2017. I have done excellent job Indian Army. I was posted in various state like UP, J&K ,BIHAR,PUNJAB,MAHARASTRA WEST BENGAL UTTARAKHAND etc.I am physically fit from all side to do any jobs.

Dislikes

No question to dislike about working at Indian Army. It is my proud to disclose that I was a simple part of my Indian Army and I have contributed my services in Indian Army.

Work

I have done clerical job at initial stage. Time to time I have been promoted to the higher rank and more responsibilities in various section. Head clerk job, Office superintendent jobs and lastly I have promoted to the rank of Honorary Captain.

Job Travel

I have to travel within city, within country, international travel.

Work Timings

12:30 PM to 12:30 PM (strict)

+8 More

Work from home

Facilities

Indian Army given free travel in Indian Railway. 50% consetion to travel in Indian Airlines, Indigo.Free cloths,CSD Canteen facilities and so on.

Excellent

Likes

Sir, yadi Mai kahu ki Indian army me job karke mujhe kaisa mahsoos ho Raha hi, to iske liye sabd nahi hi, Maine 24 ghante ki sewa wali Sanstha me hamesha task ko priority di, timeframe ke under use karna hi, Rahi baat kis tarah ka kaam kiya to mujhe Jo bhi task technical ke alwa mile use bhi kiya, ek solider ke liye nation sabse uper hi, hamne Bina thake haare her use Kam ko anjam Diya, Jo hame Diya gaya,rahi baat pay, life security her wo sahuliyte hi Jo jeevan ko jeene ke liye jaruri hi.

Dislikes

Napasand kuchh nahi, Na hi mate dam tak hoga, Sena Meri maa hi

Work

Mere liye her kaam excited aur seekhne Wala hota hi

Work Timings

6:00 AM to 7:00 PM (strict)

Work with Indian Army ? Rate Indian Army as a workplace.

Click to Rate