Infosys

Strict

Flexible

Infosys Reviews

1 - 10 of 2623 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

Many of you guys might not be knowing about this but Infosys is not a Single organization. It is divided into Two. One is Infosys Limited and another one is Infosys BPO Limited.
Not only there is a Difference in the Name that you see above but also there is a drastic Discrepancy in terms of Remuneration, Facilities and Benefits.

Sharing my personal experience:
I sat for Infosys Drive and I cleared 4 rounds as it is an Off Campus.
And I was being told that "You are being hired for Infosys Limited"
After I submitted all my Original Documents for verification before I go for Induction and training that takes place in Mysore, at the end moment I was being told that "We dont have any batch vacancies now for Infosys Limited so nothing to worry, you can work for Infosys BPO Limited.Later on if you want you can change your domain to Infosys Limited through IJP (Internal Job change)"
Me being a fresher without knowing much difference about it, I agreed to be associated with IBPO.

Dislikes

After the Induction and Training in Mysore then I was allocated for Intel Project.
Its been 11 months in Infosys and these are the following things that will demoralize you before you step into Infosys BPO:
- Extremely less Salary and top of that you will have more deductions.
For Freshers in hand salary is 12,500/- and including all obscure deductions you will be left with not more than 11,000/-. Whereas in Infosys Limited, an employee earns 28000 to 30000 being freshers.
- Shift Allowances Facility is much more favorable to IL as compared to IBPO.
IL earns 250 per afternoon shift everyday and 350 in night shift everyday.
whereas in IBPO, if you work for the entire month in night shift you will be only paid 1200 to 1300.
- Good Appraisal for IL and negligible appraisal for IBPO.
It is actually an Insult to be a part of Infosys BPO unlike other companies where there is no Discrepancy.

Work

I was hired for Intel Project. As in IBPO many projects have no future.
Being a fresher I got to learn a lot from this as it was a core IT Project, where I personally dealt with VMWare and Cloud Computing which is high in demand in this IT Market.

Rotational Shift

I have to travel within city

Work Timings

2:00 PM to 11:00 PM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

I worked with Infosys Hyderabad. I am not sure if this situation is location specific or company specific but working at Infosys was not Good, atleast for me.
Cons :
1. Managers and lead have the sole power. So even if you are working hard, smart or whatever, if they are not happy your career at Infosys is doomed.they may also eat up your job.
2.leave policy is shit here. you get 4 leaves in 3 months.No concept of EL,PL,SL,CL. workforce here is so used to this, that they don't feel like taking any leaves from office even in the long run.
3.Atleast my colleagues were NOT supportive. I asked for help, asked for basics, what i only got were scoldings. they will show their eagerness to help, but will never help.
4. the most hostile crowd of workforce live here. Everyone is ready to eat you up. People are highly rude to say the least. for every genuine excuse you will provide, they have alot of questions to ask on it. Sometimes you will never be able to explain the real situation and its just like you are standing in court of law justifying yourself.
5.Maintaining 9.25 hours without work. So whether you are with work or without work, you are always expected to maintain these 9:25 hours in the office. It becomes terrible as without work it seems an uphill task. You don't have a dedicated system to read/work or study on it. After the whole day, it becomes so boring and tiring to go home and study.
6. I agreed with the HR to leave the company without any experience letter as she said she will get it done and delivered. Though i requested her several times, still she insisted and maintained that she will do it. I got my relieving letter from the company after multiple mails, calls and 3-4 visits to the office.
7.work from home is not the option here. You have to apply on duty seperately. Though i am not very sure of this option but all in all total 9 work from homes are available.

Dislikes

Everything mentioned in Likes that i could not copy here, is a dislike for me.

boring

Work from home

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

The company is open to innovation and readily adopts latest technology. I love the fact that I am a part of a team that markets reliable, high-quality products and has a global client base. As a result, I get to travel abroad, especially to the US and Canada. But on-site travel is completely dependent on your project and client’s location. Mine is a US based client and they have some offices in Toronto, hence I got a B1 visa quickly. Another plus point is that my colleagues come from various cultural backgrounds, and we work happily in collaboration. I also like the employee re-hire policy here.

Dislikes

growth is slow. The work pressure is very high. Sometimes, I have to work 14-18 hours straight in a day as I have to attend client calls in the evening and sometimes late into the night. Managers do not value an individuals’ unique strengths, which is why I have to take back my suggestions most of the times. I do receive appreciation emails from my client, but they mostly go unnoticed during my mid-year appraisals. Also, there is no on-job training for freshers, hence senior folks like me have to guide them step-by-step, which is a pain sometimes.

Work

Generally speaking, my work is slightly challenging as I have to look after the entire product marketing and distribution life cycle as well as manage day-to-day yield operations. Pitching for my company as a marketer gets tiring and the task is slightly

Good
Good
Terrible
Poor

Likes

Training is good.
Infrastructure is good.
Library facilities.

Dislikes

1. Appraisal process is still slot based. Though they don't admit it.
If slots are not available, no matter how good you worked; you won't get higher rating.
2. Career growth will depend on unit you are in. You don't get to choose your unit.
3. Infy prefers hiring your batchmates at higher salary than promoting you for same position.
4. If you are fresher, skill is forced on you whether u like it not.
There is politics and favouritism.
Hike is single digit.
5. Mandatory 9.15 hours of attendance every working day.
6. Food and parking prices increase every year.
7. Food court are usually far from working buildings.
8. Cost cutting includes switching off ac, not supplying tissues in washroom, no stationary, no company cup.
8. Leaves policy is terrible. You get only 20 leaves per year. No medical leave or casual leave. If you ask for more than 5 days of leave your manager reacts as if you are asking him to give his kidney.
Crodwy food courts.
Even the company t-shirt is not free, you have to purchase it if you want it.

Work

Work load depends on unit and project.
You have to stay 9.15 hours everyday in office. They will reskill you if they want.

Work Timings

9:30 AM to 6:30 PM (strict)

Poor
Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

Great name, .. driven by solidly defined policies..right project will take you to the right level in a reasonable period of time. ample learning opportunities and there seems to be a new culture of agility and digital technology..

Dislikes

Deadly nepotism. a culture of favoritisim and regionalism.. especially Chennai based Tamil bosses are notoriously biased towards Tamilians.. I have heard the same about Bhubaneswar based Odiya groupism..dont even start about Trivandrum based Malayalee bosses.. some early birds have built their forts so strong that no matter what policy changes are effected, it is very difficult to shake of this favoritism, and a sickening culture of bootlicking..
Salary sucks.. you will never know what you are going to get until you see the payslip..and the gap between onsite and offshore is still a wide chasm.. too wide to be bridged reasonably.
You may feel stuck in the second gear for years and years without any motivation.. by 35 if you aren't looking at a Delivery Manager position on the horizon, just leave the company.. rid yourself of your job as if it is a nightmare..

Work

people have lived in Infosys probably knowning nothing but MS Excel for decades..however there are opportunities for those who are willing to go that extra mile.

Monday to Friday

Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

What u will like the most is the work culture and Mysore training.
Seniors will listen to ur words if u r telling something correct. U will never get ignored if u r working better. Lots of facilities in the campus, good cultural programs arranged by HR team almost every month, Excellent work-life balance u will get infosys, no body will force themselvs on you seniors are very very professional.

Dislikes

U can except negligible salary hike in infosys.
U will get ~13K in training (with accommodation) in Mysore, once u r posted to any DC u will get ~22-24K per month in hand.
After 1 year of posting u will get confirmed and ur salary will reach upto 27K(this is the biggest hike u will get in ur carear in infosys).

Then according to ur performance u will get some hike every year(5%-Average performers, 8%-Good performers,12%-Excellent performers).

Work

It was good, not hectic at all. if u will manager ur work smartly then u will enjoy working here with excellent job security.

I have to travel within city

+2 More

Health insurance

Poor

Likes

One thing that anyone would like and fall in love with is its sprawling beautiful campus and infrastructure. However, everything is secondary while primary is working on good technologies and being satisfied in terms of project work. Here there is very limited scope to work and works are mainly support works or tedious old age development works out of which no knowledge can be gained. So not a compang if you want to learn and grow. If you want to enjoy and lead a happy life with reduced stress and not workaholic, comfortable to be on bench for indefinite time, grab the offer letter.

Dislikes

Bench period, production support projects mostly, sez campus are always in remote villages and employees have to shell out money for transport, no proper work flow from project interview to project mapping, many more. No work as such.

Work

I have worked in 2 projects in 4 months. There is not much related to quantity and quality of work here. Fun and enjoyment is all they can offer you. So if you dont feel bored of no work to do, come and enjoy here.

Monday to Saturday

Cafeteria

Good
Terrible
Poor

Likes

Project Development process is very good. One will get to learn the overall process of project development and production support. There are weekly and monthly project parties.

Dislikes

1. Work culture is very bad. Old Infoscions indulge in very deep politics. Managers always favour old Infoscions and will never favour the later hires or freshers. There is always a burden for work. You will need to stretch for 2-4 hours on daily basis for which you will not get any extra benefit. You will not get time to learn anything from your own.
Also managers can allocate you to any project.
Managers take your feedback from BA, team lead or technical architect and never indulge directly with the individuals.
2. Morever for any HR or finance request, you need to raise a request in system and you will get a response after 3-4 days, after which you will get reminders to give feedback on request. This is really frustrating. HR or finance personality will never respond directly on your queries.
3. Infosys charges a high fee for bus transportation charges.

Job Travel

I have to travel within the country

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (strict)

Team outings

Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

Well infrastructure and onsite exposure to one of the best clients in the world.
HR and policies are good on paper.
Any campus is like resort with swimming pool and other amenities
Online portal for upgrading knowledge or cross training in other tech is good

Dislikes

Current appraisal system is difficult to understand.Only Info scions get good rating and hike.Promotion is next to impossible.Husband Wife reporting is common.
Master- Slave relationship exists
Regional aspect is high.
If project is success GPM/SPM has done good job else Architect is responsible even when manager mess with client on every front.
Every unit is trying to chop JL6 Architect/ PM under one or other reasons.
lateral joinee fall victims many a time.
Maintaining 9.15 hrs inside ODC is impossible.

Work

People are kept long on bench under name of project under pipeline.
I enjoyed working with clients/internationally brand name of infosys is well respected.

Job Travel

I have to travel international travel

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 6:30 PM (strict)

Job training

Good
Poor
Good

Likes

I like the company greenery environment and infrastructure, campus spread across acres. Employee benefits are less. Salary annual hikes were less, though depends on rating. Employee can have work-life balance, company provides gym, swimming pool, sports on a paid basis(minimal pay). Few people will get chance to work in cutting edge technologies, others works in service based projects. US visas are almost closed coz of Trump. Some are lucky to get other country visas. Work from home option available!! Internal education software and behavioural trainings available, this is one thing to mention specifically. Basic health insurance is applicable to every employee by default without paying a single penny. Employee should maintain an average of 9.15 hrs attendance every quarter. You can see lot of youth around you in Hyd uppal campus :)

Dislikes

No much employee benefits. Less hikes.
No free cab facility, paid cab service is available

Work

It depends upon the project.

Work from home

+4 More

Health insurance

Job training

Work with Infosys ? Rate Infosys as a workplace.

Click to Rate