Infosys

Strict

Flexible

Infosys Reviews

1 - 10 of 3722 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

Many of you guys might not be knowing about this but Infosys is not a Single organization. It is divided into Two. One is Infosys Limited and another one is Infosys BPO Limited.
Not only there is a Difference in the Name that you see above but also there is a drastic Discrepancy in terms of Remuneration, Facilities and Benefits.

Sharing my personal experience:
I sat for Infosys Drive and I cleared 4 rounds as it is an Off Campus.
And I was being told that "You are being hired for Infosys Limited"
After I submitted all my Original Documents for verification before I go for Induction and training that takes place in Mysore, at the end moment I was being told that "We dont have any batch vacancies now for Infosys Limited so nothing to worry, you can work for Infosys BPO Limited.Later on if you want you can change your domain to Infosys Limited through IJP (Internal Job change)"
Me being a fresher without knowing much difference about it, I agreed to be associated with IBPO.

Dislikes

After the Induction and Training in Mysore then I was allocated for Intel Project.
Its been 11 months in Infosys and these are the following things that will demoralize you before you step into Infosys BPO:
- Extremely less Salary and top of that you will have more deductions.
For Freshers in hand salary is 12,500/- and including all obscure deductions you will be left with not more than 11,000/-. Whereas in Infosys Limited, an employee earns 28000 to 30000 being freshers.
- Shift Allowances Facility is much more favorable to IL as compared to IBPO.
IL earns 250 per afternoon shift everyday and 350 in night shift everyday.
whereas in IBPO, if you work for the entire month in night shift you will be only paid 1200 to 1300.
- Good Appraisal for IL and negligible appraisal for IBPO.
It is actually an Insult to be a part of Infosys BPO unlike other companies where there is no Discrepancy.

Work

I was hired for Intel Project. As in IBPO many projects have no future.
Being a fresher I got to learn a lot from this as it was a core IT Project, where I personally dealt with VMWare and Cloud Computing which is high in demand in this IT Market.

Rotational Shift

I have to travel within city

Work Timings

2:00 PM to 11:00 PM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

I worked with Infosys Hyderabad. I am not sure if this situation is location specific or company specific but working at Infosys was not Good, atleast for me.
Cons :
1. Managers and lead have the sole power. So even if you are working hard, smart or whatever, if they are not happy your career at Infosys is doomed.they may also eat up your job.
2.leave policy is shit here. you get 4 leaves in 3 months.No concept of EL,PL,SL,CL. workforce here is so used to this, that they don't feel like taking any leaves from office even in the long run.
3.Atleast my colleagues were NOT supportive. I asked for help, asked for basics, what i only got were scoldings. they will show their eagerness to help, but will never help.
4. the most hostile crowd of workforce live here. Everyone is ready to eat you up. People are highly rude to say the least. for every genuine excuse you will provide, they have alot of questions to ask on it. Sometimes you will never be able to explain the real situation and its just like you are standing in court of law justifying yourself.
5.Maintaining 9.25 hours without work. So whether you are with work or without work, you are always expected to maintain these 9:25 hours in the office. It becomes terrible as without work it seems an uphill task. You don't have a dedicated system to read/work or study on it. After the whole day, it becomes so boring and tiring to go home and study.
6. I agreed with the HR to leave the company without any experience letter as she said she will get it done and delivered. Though i requested her several times, still she insisted and maintained that she will do it. I got my relieving letter from the company after multiple mails, calls and 3-4 visits to the office.
7.work from home is not the option here. You have to apply on duty seperately. Though i am not very sure of this option but all in all total 9 work from homes are available.

Dislikes

Everything mentioned in Likes that i could not copy here, is a dislike for me.

boring

Poor

Likes

The only merit in working for infosys is for the people who have joined it as freshers because of the excellent foundation programme that infosys provides. Other things that might interest someone coming from diferrent company(say accenture or IBM) are yhe facilities inside the campus. One might get surprised to see the gym facilities, sports facilities and accomodation(provided upto 3 months on short term transfer) which are all world class.

Dislikes

Like many other service based companies it is the company where working late is considered a virtue. An employee who has completed a set of tasks in 4-6 hours will be valued less than his counterpart who has completed same set of tasks in say 9-10 hours. The later will also get a better hyke. The productivity of an employee according to Infosys is directly proportional to the number of hours spent in front of the system. As far as salary hykes are concerned it is the worst company to work for. The transparency sysyem is very poor, one will never get to know why the person sitting next yo you has got good hyke than you.
Now let us talk about the projects and the work that one will be doing if he/she is planning to join the Infosys. Most of the projects in infosys are either support projects or enhancement projects. The managers will try and lure you into their projects by taking names of the technologies which are niche these days( say spark or big data), but whne you will get into the project you will see that the project is rarely 1-2% of these technologies, a work which if you teach to the security guard sitting outside, he will be able to do it easily. Getting into a project is easy, getting a release is the most dramatic part. No matter what you do , what your condition is, if you have asked for release you will not get it for 2-3 months atleast( a person who has not asked for release might get it sooner than you) provided you have some solid reason.

+1 More

Poor
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

1. Training at Mysore. Its the best.
2. Facilities & infra is really good.

Dislikes

1. Salary. Really low.
2. Hike - NO HIKE even if you got Commendable rating
3. Poor Quality projects.
4. Managers treat you like horses.
5. NO LAPTOPS! Seriously, India's I.T. Major has got 1 laptop per 100 employees, and you literally wait for 6 months to get one.. (Also, you can't use your personal system for official work.) In-short - If you think you can do Work from home - FORGET ABOUT IT.
6. TOO MUCH POLITICS. Managers know nothing more than MS Excel, and they have ruined the culture. No Respect for real talent.
7. Non-sense rules & policies! Suppose you are on bench! you still have to clock 9.15 hours in office.. Oh sorry!, I mean, in Food courts - because you can't enter any ODC/office if you are on bench. Then they map you to useless projects in use-less cities. What would you do in Trivandrum if you are from patiala? and that too for a support project, that is not yet with the company!!
8. No place for new ideas. You will often feel that you have been caged. And you are just wasting time.
9. On-Site is a MYTH. Don't join if you are lured by it.. You will ever get to go onsite if you have licked enough a** of every manager in your hierarchy.

Work

My first project was a horrible experience. I was trained in python, and the project allocated to me was support, that too DATA-ENTRY. They dont have good projects..

Job Travel

I have to travel within country

Work Timings

8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (strict)

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

The company is open to innovation and readily adopts latest technology. I love the fact that I am a part of a team that markets reliable, high-quality products and has a global client base. As a result, I get to travel abroad, especially to the US and Canada. But on-site travel is completely dependent on your project and client’s location. Mine is a US based client and they have some offices in Toronto, hence I got a B1 visa quickly. Another plus point is that my colleagues come from various cultural backgrounds, and we work happily in collaboration. I also like the employee re-hire policy here.

Dislikes

growth is slow. The work pressure is very high. Sometimes, I have to work 14-18 hours straight in a day as I have to attend client calls in the evening and sometimes late into the night. Managers do not value an individuals’ unique strengths, which is why I have to take back my suggestions most of the times. I do receive appreciation emails from my client, but they mostly go unnoticed during my mid-year appraisals. Also, there is no on-job training for freshers, hence senior folks like me have to guide them step-by-step, which is a pain sometimes.

Work

Generally speaking, my work is slightly challenging as I have to look after the entire product marketing and distribution life cycle as well as manage day-to-day yield operations. Pitching for my company as a marketer gets tiring and the task is slightly

Poor

Likes

Best training experience in the world probably. It was a wonderful place to work and the facilities they provide to employees are the best . Good exposure . More opportunities to go abroad and earn quick money .

Dislikes

No option to chose domain after training according to our interest and skills . If we are interested in one technology and by chance we got another technology to work . We need to accept even though we don't like it . Once we move into project we rarely get time to learn our favorite technology . Down the line after few years , we either get frustration to work their or we just compromise and continue working for monetary benefits. Its very hard to identify and convince the right person who could listen , think , understand & analyse our skills and gives us opportunity to work in the right domain so that we could perform to the best for the growth of the company. But , yes I understand that its tough to identify talents on individual level as it is a company with more than 1 lakh employees .So , I chose to move for a small company and my decision was absolutely correct as my talents got proved and got a good career jump.

Work

I had a wonderful time with good colleagues . As I feel that I am not placed in the right position where I could perform to my best , I quit Infosys. Unfortunately , I couldn't even able to identify the person , which whom I could discuss about my skills

Job Travel

I do not have to travel. It's a desk job.

Excellent

Likes

i loved the training and also the skill development sessions will be available always based on the employees interest. The work availability is different for different units and projects like some projects will have much work and some not but it is open to innovation and readily adopts latest technology. regarding the team and colleagues i feel loved to be a part of team that markets reliable, high quality, and has a global client base at infosys. Everyone would work for each penny they are getting. my colleagues are from different cultural areas and we used to celebrate all the cultural festival over here loved to be a part of each. and we all loved to work together as a family. i like referrals for other employees outside and i liked the opportunities available here like language learning at low cost but effective. and i love to work here always

Dislikes

the bench days i don't really like it much. but people in other companies if they are in bench for long period their job will be in risk but here at infosys we will be having skill development sessions and different activities to update our skills and to show our capabilities. the aim of infosys is always to have zero people on bench.there is no negative in the infosys i felt except this. everything is far better than other companies the market.

Work

i work for australia client. i am system admin i will resolve the requests and incidents etc and other support activities

I have to travel within city

Childcare

+7 More

International relocation

Health insurance

Facilities

zero bench initiatives like skilling accelerate tasks and much more

Good

Likes

Working at Infosys was a lifetime experience for me.. The work environment ,culture , people around you are too friendly and always help one another in need.. Things like ratings, compensation, depends on how well you are at your job and sometimes also on your image in front of your reporting manager.. I feel that's how it works in every Company. If you are joining Infosys as a fresher , then you will egt trained at the Mysore campus . It's beautiful and heavenly and will make surely make you emotional when you leave the campus after training. Overall it was a very good journey I had with Infosys that I'll cherish all my life .

Dislikes

Nothing as such. It's the same as any other IT giant. It really does nothing unique that one will dislike. In the end it's depends on your luck and your ability to deal with all kinds of personalities.. just working at a company with such infrastructure , weekly parties and each and everything one can need for refreshment during office hours, Infosys always comes out to be a good deal amongst others..

Work

Work anywhere is always boring for me.. Yes, however work may be pending, you will never be forced to stay late. And if you do so ,or even if you do work from home, you will get half or one day leave also, so its never hectic

Job Travel

I have to travel international travel

Work Timings

9:30 AM to 7:00 PM (strict)

Childcare

+6 More

International relocation

Health insurance

Good
Good
Terrible
Poor

Likes

Everything is OK.. But if they really want to sustain in the market in future they need to think for their employees what they call resources.. In 2003 initial package was offered near about 3.25 lack per annum and in 2018 initial package offered is 3.5 approx.. Increments 0%10% max (Best performance). Employees come for work they do their work at best then at time of increments what employees hear what you have done extra.. Extra what? Should we dance should we sit 24hr should we do buttering?.. What extra? You are doing good in their project excellent you receive then they say it's part of your job so Met Expectation.. Please understand.. Manager person is that who can judge a person even by seeing him or her.. Well improve it otherwise all good resources (what you call) leave you then give 0% hike...

Dislikes

All which written above.. And yes please invest on people by whom you are getting work project success. Nothing happens from one mail... well done.. Not in making high buildings one after the other.. Or you have some other purpose to think.. Like after closing these space can be used for marriage halls.. You gave 0% increments to a Person who work sincerely for you make you proud in your project just because of attendance issue.. Not fair at all..Variations in percent of increments whatever it may be that should be equally

Simple

Good
Good
Terrible
Poor

Likes

Training is good.
Infrastructure is good.
Library facilities.

Dislikes

1. Appraisal process is still slot based. Though they don't admit it.
If slots are not available, no matter how good you worked; you won't get higher rating.
2. Career growth will depend on unit you are in. You don't get to choose your unit.
3. Infy prefers hiring your batchmates at higher salary than promoting you for same position.
4. If you are fresher, skill is forced on you whether u like it not.
There is politics and favouritism.
Hike is single digit.
5. Mandatory 9.15 hours of attendance every working day.
6. Food and parking prices increase every year.
7. Food court are usually far from working buildings.
8. Cost cutting includes switching off ac, not supplying tissues in washroom, no stationary, no company cup.
8. Leaves policy is terrible. You get only 20 leaves per year. No medical leave or casual leave. If you ask for more than 5 days of leave your manager reacts as if you are asking him to give his kidney.
Crodwy food courts.
Even the company t-shirt is not free, you have to purchase it if you want it.

Work

Work load depends on unit and project.
You have to stay 9.15 hours everyday in office. They will reskill you if they want.

Job Travel

I do not have to travel. It's a desk job.

Work Timings

9:30 AM to 6:30 PM (strict)

Job training

Work with Infosys ? Rate Infosys as a workplace.

Click to Rate