Mindtree

Flexible

Mindtree Reviews

1 - 10 of 573 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Poor

Likes

The company is open to innovation but adopt the latest technology for very few projects. I m grateful to mindtree giving me an opportunity to start my technical career.
I have a great team to work with, all are very supportive at any point of time.
What makes a little disappointment are some of the company policies and salary hikes. Working hours are really what u have to compromise with, but yes it makes a great experience when u are around good leads and managers, alot of learning and fun environment.
Mindtree is a great company to start career with.but yeah as career demands growth be ready to adopt changes.

Dislikes

Growth is little slow, have to work 12- 14 hours a day. Anytime the calls can be scheduled, some of the projects rarely follow the timelines.
Always there is a pressure of completing things before the timelines.
multiple tasks at a time. Less resources and more work.
I do receive appreciation from client and managers, but it goes unnoticed during the time of hikes and appraisals.
At last changing projects and to ur area of interest is but difficult, U have to stay in ur domain and work proficiently.
Training only at the time when it is needed for project purpose immediately.

Work

Generally speaking, my work is slighlty distributed across testing.
At times i have to hold grip on different types of testing along with learnings.
Learning is must which keeps all of us going. Have to adjust according to working hours and pressure.

Job Travel

I have to travel international travel

Work Timings

10:30 AM to 7:30 PM (strict)

Job training

Terrible

Likes

Mindtree is known to everyone.but crap is its work culture.we the infrastructure team called imts were treated very differently from regular employees.no humaitarian concerns.our team had all TLs at chennai and they completely favoured madrasis.and politics.oh god.they forced us girls to take night shift even wen guys wer willing to take our shifts.wen we raised an issue they forced us to take sabatical.
Even if we go to pee we had to message in outlook ofice chat.if v missed it ,they wud abuse and torture us.
And wat we got for all these.peanuts.
They wud never let us move to nex level.
Also how we entered this company is a tie up with our college,a trainig institute icalibrator and mindtree.
We underwent an exam at college.then interview.6 months traing at ical in linux.again an interview at mindtree.to work in shit some server monitoring level0.no wer related to linux.i was the all time topper at ical.wat use.to work as server monitoring.no growth.no recognition.
I just quit after bond period

Dislikes

Nothing except the friends i made even though they din even give us time to dine.even peeing was counted by team leads!!!

Work

Boring hectic torture tormented like a nursery class.
Total politics
Office romance by team leads and their crappy behaviour.
Forced night shifts.
Lowest career growth

Rotational Shift

Work Timings

6:00 PM to 6:00 AM (strict)

Free transport

Terrible

Likes

Team members if you happen to work in a better project

Dislikes

The appraisal process is pathetic. There is no learning at all. You need to have a Godfather to get into a good project or onsite chance. All goes only with knowing someone. There is a project Microsoft the work is so miserable that one would degrade the skills if you stay in it more than a year. Also they force you to work in shifts. Shift allowance is peanuts. They hire people who have lost jobs or laid at a minimum increment. The managers are biased. If they do not want you to have a project they will keep up their network and see to it you don't get one. The standard and quality of Mindtree is falling.

Work

The management is completely biased. They will take a revenge if you ask for a project change. They will see no one takes you in the project give less ratings. Campus batches are trained so hard and then put to work on manual testing and support project.

Cafeteria

Good
Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent
Good
Excellent

Likes

Mindtree has a very open and people oriented culture. The company is open to innovative ideas and experiments to improve organizational culture. Policies like work from home help ensure work life balance. Virtual delivery model is implemented in true sense. Our focus on digital, has helped us become a technology leader in many new digital areas, bringing lot of learning for teams.

Dislikes

Compensation is decent, since it isnt multi layered organization, growth in terms of designation changes might take time but roles, responsibilities and learning will always keep increasing.

Work

Overall I am happy with Mindtree, the organization has helped me take up challenging roles, try working on new areas, helping me ensure continuous learning. Culture is very people oriented and supportive helping ensure work life balance

Job Travel

I have to travel within country

Gymnasium

+5 More

Education assistance

Soft skill training

Job training

Good

Likes

Like every other service company, they want you to learn and progress what they want. If your interest matches the same, it's win-win, else you got to think.
Training sometimes it seems that, Mindtree is giving the training just because they want to show to the world, and not interested quality of training and use of it.
For growth, it's your responsibility and no one will you guide you. You have to keep learning new things coming in market.
Appraisal- based on bell curve, if you are favourite or lucky you'll get good rating and thus salary.
Work life balance is something which you need to find based on your priority as some managers would ask you to work extra hours even on weekends for VALUE ADD. And funny thing is, they themselves don't have idea what it is as most of the time it is out of the blue.

Dislikes

Details are above.
Cant really like or dislike, i think it is what it is.

Work

Not every project you get is exciting.

Work Timings

8:00 AM to 5:30 PM (strict)

Poor
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

Nothing Much to list here, as any other established service based company, Mindtree also pay your salary on time.

Dislikes

No Career Growth, No Salary increment, Mundane Job, no proper management, zero flexible, main agenda of the management is to convince employee and keep as low paid as possible and you will also find promotion nominations gets rejected for silly reasons, such as mandatory certification policy got changed and etc.., zero motivation, management is not at available when required. If deployed in client place, after a point of time you feel left over. and finally you will be forced to feel that everything is your mistake, staying in Mindtree and providing your sincere service.

Job Travel

I have to travel within the city

Work Timings

12:30 AM to 9:30 PM (strict)

Excellent

Likes

Team is so good

Dislikes

Managers are never interact with employees. They act as attendance machines. Company do all verification about employees. But never check for employee getting proper salary or not. What offered by company/third party that employee getting or not. Manager never listen about employee problems. If employee resign then also they don't care. Especially third party payroll employees face lot much of salary issue like me.

Work

My work is not that much challenging. I'm almost complete my tasks before timeline and take training on different technologies. I'm here on third party payroll and my experience is too bad as third party employee. Because company never cares about you.

Free transport

Good

Likes

The work culture is way too good for campus minds. Mindtree also organizes a lot of fun events throughout the year, to keep minds engaged. The concept with which Mindtree Kalinga Training Center works is brilliant (This is one of the best innovations which Mindtree implemented recently).

Dislikes

The company's recent changes after re-branding isn't good. They brought in a lot of rules and policies which spoiled the entire values on which Mindtree was working during it's initial years. Also it doesn't seem to be a favorable company for Laterals. Nowadays I feel that the company is only interested in making money and not as employee friendly as it was when I joined.

Job Travel

I have to travel within city

+2 More

Soft skill training

Good

Likes

Mindtree has good presence in Europe, maybe its just me but I like how europeans work.

Dislikes

Out of 16k employees 13k is concentrated in Blgr..the other regions dosent seem to grow.

They have this policy where you will be asked to leave if are not able to get a project after 3 months on bench, getting the employee a project is organizantions responsibility.

Cross training has become the new mantra, ofcourse its good to learn and keep yourself updated, but that should in employees area of work. Dont ask testing guy to learn hibernate.

Arranging for official travel and billing the expenses on corporate credit card which is in employees name !! Why should I pay bills in lakhs for my corporate credit card that too for official travel.

9.5 hrs working hours policy.

Terrible

Likes

Worst experience ever.There's nothing to like in mindtree if you are in particular project.

The hiring team including the project manager of one specific projects unintentional hired test engineers for supporting non technical project .

In this project you just have to work as data entry operator .

And they are not ready to release you if you ask.

WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE

Dislikes

My project's management is worst , They treat people like slaves. Hired people for work ,irrespective of the profile.

Poor work , Worst projects , Support and non technical projects only

Transport is provided only for shifts
Food is chargeble

No other benefits

Rotational Shift

Cafeteria

Work with Mindtree ? Rate Mindtree as a workplace.

Click to Rate