oracle.com

Flexible

Oracle Reviews

1 - 10 of 813 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Terrible

Likes

Nothing is good about Oracle. The work culture is terrible, employees are not respected, thee is absolutely no job security. Their is nothing called team work. Managers are busy licking up to their seniors to save their jobs. The capability of the mangers is NIL. I had a manager who was previously working in Back end recruitment and he was moved to manage Operations. He had no clue about administration or operations. He wanted a "LECTERN" on the stage with a red carpet on it. He did not know the difference between a flyer, a banner and standee.

My manager once told me that I make a lot of noise when I get into his cabin and take a seat.

Dislikes

There are employees working for Oracle for the last 10, 15 and 20 years who are a parasite for the company. HR is non-existent and will only dance around people who have a direct link to the top guys in the US.

I was asked to purchase water bottles and carry them from the basement to the 5th floor of the building. I had to fight to get an office boy to carry material around. When I was not provided the support, I had to carry the material thru different floors in the office.

I was made to track invoices and payments of vendors whereas Oracle has one of the best tools for managing things like this.

I had brought this up with HR saying that precious man hours are spent only filling excel sheets which have no relevance to the business of the company, HR had no courtesy to even acknowledge it.

Work

I was responsible Operations/Administration. Vendor Management, Procurement, Brand Approvals, Interns Programme, New Hire Programme, Events etc.

Terrible

Likes

I was so excited attended my interview for 3hrs and ws so happy to explain.at the time of interview I was so happy that ppl asked me abt my subject.of course it was Pune and due to personal reasons inws not able to relocate .The Hr was so kind enough to place me to bglr.A week before I could join was the recession. Despite that they rolled out the offer

Dislikes

.After joining the team was like hell in my life,worst colleagues who would discriminate based on ur language kannadiga non kannadiga unfortunately my client was also a kannadiga. So now you knw .how it used to be.Men who did not get onsite offer will gossip abt females who got it.And one worst thing is that employee are moved out of a team in name of budget,but others wl spread rumours tat they did not work properly.if the work ws not proper we would expect a 1:1 from manager and not an in announced movement stating budget.A general statement IT employees we earn for our bread and butter there nothing connected to intelligence, going to onsite is not due to intelligence but due to buying extra butter from ur grocery list..:-).Wish our education could have taught more values than how to earn money.

Work

Worst ever experience, The HR should be proactive in scrutinizing resumes there are quite a lot of fake experience ,dunno where this industry is heading to,absolutely no moral values.Demoralizing colleagues, malicious gossiping colleagues.lot more.

Depends upon the wrk

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (flexible)

Facilities

The managers are intelligent they wl clask the employees to leave by 20:00 coz the cab service start from21:00 hrs.even for female employees

Good
Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

I m here since 2015. Good thing about the company is work life balance, team members, company culture, Medical insurance.
I would suggest new joiners to bargain properly at the time of joining. U can even get 150% hike on ur current salary because once u have joined, there will be less or no increment for 2 or 3 years.
I m a Chartered Accountant but joined in fusion Financial as QA Analyst but my job is manual testing. The name is Analyst but nothing like analysis is involved in my work.
I would suggest my CA friends to join Oracle only if u r given Product Manager role , don't join u r given Manual testing profile even if u r given a decent hike.

Dislikes

Dislikes: No career growth, minimal hikes.

Work

I m working as QA Analyst (Manual tester), the job is not so exciting. I m working for fusion Financial application.There is no work pressure. It's a desk job. No in-out time recordings. Work from home facilities is also there.Fixed Saturday/Sunday off.

Good

Likes

There is a perfect Work-Life Balance in this compamy. There is complete job security. This is good environment for development and the aura is completely related to product development. Because of product development there is always continuous learning and improvement in terms of technology.

Dislikes

Compensation is decent for a start in this organisation, but the growth here is significantly slow. Since it is a product based development, there are lot of procedures and approvals required for implementation and a lot of definitive process are been followed. I felt that there should be an effective knowledge portal such that it would be very easy for the freshers for training on the job and the pressure would be quite less for seniors. Also over the period of time one might feel the work is monotonous and that management has to consider in rotating people within different verticals for contionous learning and challenges for the employees.

Work

My work in this organisation was extremely challenging which made me grow individually. Luckily I was involved right from design, development till the testing phase.

Terrible
Good
Excellent

Likes

Lot of challenging work to do. Good learning and an experience of working with highly talented and ambitious people. Not much politics in team. Lot of encouragement on innovations and new ideas

Dislikes

No work life balance in my team. Appraisals are way lesser than you expect. No extra curricular activities to freshen up your mind. Also you are only encouraged if you do something out of the box. Daily tasks completion does not get appreciated even if you meet hard deadlines by stretching. No consideration for married women or those having kids at home. Same expectations from them, as from others. Did not like the way management speaks to the directs. Insulting and humiliating.
Very restrictive work from home and need to bargain a lot on leaves too

Work

Very hectic, yet exciting. Got a great exposure on handling hard deadlines, complex code structures etc. Learned how to do multitasking. You need to be self motivated as management will not appreciate you unless you do something extremely out of the box.

Work Timings

10:00 AM to 7:30 PM (strict)

+1 More

Job training

Poor

Likes

1) Chance to work with different technologies
2) New thinking/ideas are taken in positive manner
3) work from home

Dislikes

1) Unnecessary unpaid continious saturday working as some of senior level people love to see their team working on saturday (On each friday, there will be an email saying: There are lots of ground to cover and so we will be working on saturday)
2) Worst salary. Sometimes you will see 2years exerienced emloyee has lesser salary than fresher.... Sounds strange... Right? But it happens.
3) company does not have any intention to retain good employees.OFSS DOES NOT GIVE THEM THE DESEREVED HIKE AND LET THEM GO AND THEN HIRE BUNCH OF FRESHERS TO FILL UP THE GAP. No balance/correction in salary for experienced emplyees.
4) In Offer/Increment letter, it is written: You are eligible for bonus as per your performance. But in real life, you get bonus only in your DREAM.

Monday to Saturday

Work Timings

10:00 AM to 8:00 PM (flexible)

Terrible

Likes

I liked the nature of my work, the job responsibilites

Dislikes

Company culture is pathetic. The manager was horrible. He should not be working in the company. He brings down the very meaning of a manger. Would never encourage taking decisions, doing new things, giving suggestions. Was very insecure of his own job. He is surviving in the company because he know the people who matter. Has a track record of doing things which are against the culture of the organisation. Has a track record of firing employees. After I left, he made life miserable for those who were indirectly supporting him till he got my replacement. People have complained about him various times, but because he knows which side of the bread to be buttered, he is surviving in the company. Is a complete failure as a manager. Comes from a manufacturing company background. Is still stuck with rules of a manufacturing company. Will go to any extent to demoralise and put down his subordinates.

People like him should be thrown out of every organisation where they exist.

10:00 AM to 5:30 PM

Terrible

Likes

There is nothing to like about Oracle.

Dislikes

No respect to Employees, most the managers just takes care of securing job by giving hikes to selected people only so that they can stay for longer time and mostly recruit people just for 1-2 years for getting routine work done. Some of the managers behave very arrogantly with team members as they know that HR or any other departments does not care for any employees. If you are praising your manager then you will be taken care well. Company does not have any future plans nor short term or long term goals, the US Team (mostly Indians) outsource the routine work to India Development Centre, no product road map no project plan and nothing, very casual and adhoc way of working. Freshers are being pain about 22L package which is equal 10 Years experienced existing Oracle Employees, no plans to normalize the salary etc.

Work Timings

10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (flexible)

NONE

Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

1) Chance to work with different technologies
2) New ideas/thinking are taken in a positive manner
3) Work from home

Dislikes

1) Unnecessary unpaid continious Saturday working just because some senior level people love to see their team working extra time.
2) Worst salary.No balance/correction for experienced employees. 2year experienced employee has salary less than a fresher....Sounds strange.. Right?but... Yes... It happens.
3) Company does not have any intention to retain good employees. They just lef them go and then hire bunch of freshers to fill up that position.
4) Salary hike is very disappointing.Instead of getting reasonsble hike, you will get to know about lots of reasons why compa y is not able to give good hike.
5) In Offer/Increment letter, it is written that hou are eligible for bonus as per your performance. But in real life, you will get bonus only in your dreams.

Monday to Saturday

Work Timings

10:00 AM to 8:00 PM (flexible)

Health insurance

Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

At Oracle, you have great learning resources, work life balance, if in urgent needs work from home may be available, health insurance for parents with all pre-existing ailments covered(extra premium need to be paid), recreation facilities in office, etc.

Dislikes

No one at Oracle is concerned about your appraisal. Appraisal cycle finishes in May but you will get increments (if any, mostly no) in January month with no arrears.
Meal card cant be used outside and only at Oracle premises.
No onsite opportunities
No big scope detailed work, mostly level 1 jobs available. But anyways depends on which team you are in. But services support is mostly L1.
No Annual Bonus.

Work

Only level 1 job and that too mostly you will get only Oracle products to work which is not widely used outside, so plan accordingly before joining the organisation.
Job is normal and not so exciting.

Rotational Shift

Work Timings

1:30 PM to 10:30 PM (strict)

+4 More

Education assistance

Soft skill training

Job training

Work with Oracle ? Rate Oracle as a workplace.

Click to Rate