1. If you are a fresher, this is a good company to learn the basics of Project Management & e-Publishing field and then start looking for other opportunities. If you are a married woman or a person looking for tenure this is your company. They don't terminate employees that often. They are more or less like a government company but with less pay.
2. For new joiners, they have a good training plan. Senior staffs are always helpful if you do not know something and are always ready to train you on new things.
3. They are always trying to automize their systems to get the job done faster resulting in a really good workflow. There are some departments that are always to suggestion for the betterment of the general workflow and also for their department. If you give good ideas, they take it into consideration and some managers and TLs tend to give you credit for it.
4. They give work from home option and permanent shift for employees in Production Editorial department if the reason is valid.
5. Unlike other companies, the project management department does not expect you to work overtime or work from home resulting in a great work-life balance.
6. If you get recruited for Project Management, you end up communicating with authors from all over the world resulting in the development of your communication skills.
7. They give you Bonus every year.
1. The pay is miserable. Increments are basic. Salary of people who are working for more than 10-15 years has still not crossed 30K/Month.
2. They have an internal appraisal method (done every April) and they do not discuss it with you. Therefore if your TL (or) Manager doesn't like you, expect a low increment percentage. They do give you incentives, but that is also based on your appraisal.
3. Promotions are rarely given and competition is too high, If you are a career oriented person, do not think about working here for more than a few years, learn the basics, and start looking for better opportunities.
4. Some departments have TLs who have huge egos and expect you to be a "Yes Boss" person. It's better to keep your head down and be quiet. Meetings are just a show in those departments.
5. Even though they have one of their units in a big IT park, the maintenance of that office is horrible. You do not have an eating area and therefore have to eat in your work area itself. This results in cockroaches running around in the cubicles. It’s quite disgusting and unhygienic. The HR just turns deaf if you go complain about it. The other units are small offices, mostly small buildings which look like lodge or godowns from outside. The restrooms are terrible in these units.
6. They make some senior staff come to do rounds during office work hours to check if your working. They behave as if its a school and not a corporate. If you are even discussing on work with your colleague, they send an email to your
manager stating you were chatting.
7. Equipment’s are bad here. Keywords are so worn out, that the letters are missing. Systems get corrupted easily since they are really old. If you complain, they will say that we have to adjust.
8. They do not have cab facility.
It's very hard to be happy at hell though you have to smile at everyone since they pay you!
You will never get time for yourself, very biased, politics within the seniors, not really encouraging, don't really bother about your career growth but only thing they bother is to get the job done including others work, you can't really outrage, too many conditions to be followed when you work, everyday everybody would teach new protocol until you are sick mentally and they would still expect you to be completely human. You can't even talk with eachother if at all manager notices you are given sarcastic feedbacks from team leads. But still one will feel safe in workplace.
Treat everyone with equity.
Please be aware that people who work are humans and they have a life outside your SPS.
Stop being sarcastic and be encouraging.
Do know how to get the work done as humane.
Do offer leave when we can take ours.
The working environment is very good. Heads, Managers and superior are so helpful in our career growth. 100% Job security.
Yearly increment is average only. The seniors like us will receive only 10% percentage of our basic salary as an increment. Though we perform excellently and extend late hours for job purpose will not be considered for an extra increment in our salary.
My work is very challenging and need to resolve different problems at arise in a day. Actually i take care of entire author correction team, where i am suppose to communicate with Production editors and Authors to resolve their query as well as our query.
The company is open to innovation and readily adopts latest technology. I love the fact that I am a part of a team that markets reliable, high-quality products and has a global client base. As a result, But on-site travel is completely dependent on your project and client’s location. Mine is a US based client and they have some offices in Toronto, hence I got a B1 visa quickly. Another plus point is that my colleagues come from various cultural backgrounds, and we work happily in collaboration. I also like the employee re-hire policy here.
Scientific publishing is best for female candidates in the regard of timing, work pressure is far better compared to other companies . Growth factor. Is very low. Work environment couldn't be appreciated still not too low to worry .
Salary appraisal .growth factor only in imagination