Shoppers Stop

Flexible

Shoppers Stop Reviews

1 - 10 of 569 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Good
Poor
Excellent

Likes

shoppers stop is one of the best esteemed organization in department store category. working culture, employee motivation towards their professional and personal life, training to staff for their career growth, salary, every thing is good and acceptable.

Dislikes

shoppers stop appraisal policies/strategy makes their staff feel bad.. all the time they promote the candidates who will keep on praise/ heal the managers. This is hurting issue for so many employees in shooppers stop.

I can give u one example..

once there was a appraisal for the post of TEAM MEMBER for customer service desk, there were around 12 members who had qualified for final round.

It went on some day with 11 members attended for final round (morning 10 to 3pm.) ONE CANDIDATE WAS ABSENT FOR FINAL ROUND.
It was shocking to all the candidates to watch the results after a couple of days.

Because the person who was absent to the final round, has been selected and given that position.

of course the management had also selected more 3 members who had attended for final round. But here the issue is how can they select that person, there are more candidates who are in final round.
THIS IS THE ONLY ISSUE I HAVE EXPOSED, IN THE SAME THERE ARE MANY TOO.

Work

customer service, cashiering, visual merchandising, stock inward and outward. pics, ect...

Working Days

monday to sunday. one weekoff can be taken in a week only on week days

Terrible
Excellent

Likes

A good firm to start your career in retail, even if you are new.

Dislikes

It's management - recent changes in management creared jeopardy in organization.
If you are good with your manager, then only you can survive in your job. Or they will make you to suffer in all the ways.
For example - till now they have not given any reply to the verification mail sent by another firm for an ex-emplyee who was associated with them for more than 5 years.
They still keeping employees who has done lots of integrity issues including fake attendance, money looting by submitting fake bills, when account department highlights the issue, they were asked to keep quiet by regional managers.
Regional managers will transfer employees by giving fake reasons to the top management.
Floor staffs ate ill-treated in front of customers and they were asked to work more than 12 hours. Managers took apology letters from the floor staffs who took their compensatory offs. And even cornered them by telling that you will not job anywhere else, if you won't obey us.
Never seen such a firm who will misbehave to its staffs like this.

Work

Pathetic - you can't be independent, you will be i'll treated, if you are not been good to your managers. No work life management - will even mentally torture you even if you are on medical leave.

Monday to Saturday

Excellent

Likes

I had started my carrier with shopper's stop Ltd chembur. When I complete my education. Shoppers stop gives me first apportunity for job when i was need of job. Its a best retail company which take care of his employee. Shoppers give me more than which i expected& appreciate me by see my work, talent. Shoppers stop provided me more than needs which things mention policy.I have got lot of knowledge in organisation. There was environment of work was friendly & suitable. I will never forget that days of my life.

Dislikes

There was not any dislike thing when i was working there. All of the things was really good for me.

Work

My work was in the shoppers stop as Customer care associate (sales in operation ). Assist the customer & present our product, provide information to customer for sale that. Providing best service information about new scheme&loyalty programmcustomers.

Childcare

Team outings

Education assistance

+4 More

International relocation

Terrible

Likes

I like the way i learn from team mate, who are really helpful in making me understand the procedure of daily work as I was new to the business. Since I Cannot work for longer period of time i cannot tell about career growth and salary appraisals. The thing wad better in the initial days but some polItics also involved in the store afterwards.

Dislikes

I personally don’t like some of the things like the scheduled training never been held on time. Very lethargic attitude from every one wrt to training and following of SOP.

Work

I joined as department manager, i have been provided with a department along with 20 team member. I had to manage their shift and make the most out of it. Since I had to take care of my department I can make necessary changes with the collaboration of all

Job Travel

I have to travel within city, within country.

Work Timings

12:30 AM to 9:30 PM (strict)

Free transport

Good
Good
Excellent
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

The working environment is good. You will get good comopensation & benefits. The career growth opportunities are really well. You can start as an cca & you can grow up very rapidly.

Dislikes

The working culture needs an improvement. The level depth between the lower level & the upper should be decreased. The competition should be made up to the mark. There are so many uneccessary rounds of examination when an internal assessment comes. There is also uneccessary work pressure creation on the employees.

Work

The work is quite good. It is a job where you can learn so many things. You meet new people everyday. But sometimes it becomes quite hectic or boring due to some uneccessary workloads.

6 working days

Work Timings

1:00 PM to 10:00 PM (strict)

Good
Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

It is a Great work place where we could learn various tools & Other things. Process oriented company. If you have an Opportunity and you want to do career in Retail industry, Go for it. It is open to do new things. In the end its mostly depend on your boss. At store level ordering stocks as per requirement, Category support is an area of improvement of the company. Training of the company is really Great. They give in depth training of Fiber to Fabric and Product knowledge to store people. Over all rating from my side is 4.5* Thanks.

Dislikes

Ordering required stock from category, responce is very slow.

Work

Work is enjoyable if your attitude is Learning, Developing yourself, Developing your people. Overall work is enjoyable.

Working Days

One day week off from Monday to Friday at store operations.

Good

Likes

Management is friendly with employee. Very good culture, very good plate for work.

Dislikes

Not as such. Shoppers Stop is retail company and I handle dual profile administration and maintenance so that I have to flexi in time. Compensation is fare but every one wants more what they get. After certain level your salary hike is low, if you are not growing for long time. I think these fact are happen in every company. So I am Happy with Shoppers Stop.

Work

I work as per our Dairy, weekly and monthly check list. As an admin and maintenance liaising with local bodies, police and good. official.cordinate with vender like security and Facility like housekeeping, maintenance, Valet, Alterations, tea and food,

Education assistance

+2 More

Facilities

Mobile Reimbursement, food and conveyance, hand set reimbursement etc...

Good
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

The company is open to innovation and readily adopts latest technology. This company provides high quality products,it's available all over india and we will get services in any shopperstop.
I love the fact that I am a part of a team.
Another thing is my colleagues came from different cultural backgrounds and we work happily and collaboration.

Dislikes

Competition is very decent, But grown is slow.The work pressure is not there. They will not give the on job trainings and they will give less preference to give employment opportunity in next position.

Work

Generally speaking,my work is slightly challenging as I have to look after the entire floor merchandise displays, cleaning, arrangements. I learned lot of things .

Alternate Saturday Off

Work from home

+1 More

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent
Good
Excellent

Likes

Working Culture and environment is superb, Seniors takes care of every staffs personally weather it is Shoppers Employee or through any Brand.
Personally i have learned so much there and it helped me professionally as well as personally to improve & grow myself.
Company is always open for new ideas even by staffs and i have seen that too.
I am so glad to be a part of that organisation.

Dislikes

Pay scale is good the only concern is career growth, first five years was awesome i have achieved what i want to be but after that everything has changed.

Work

Working in Shoppers is always good for me, its like other home and its just because of Working culture in my 7 years of journey i never felt bored even a single day, everyday i am more excited then yesterday to learn more on new day.

Good

Likes

Company firmly believes in processes. These business processes have really helped the company establish itself as a successful and profitable retailer. It also allows employees to maintain work-life balance and consistently has employee engagement activities at work.

Dislikes

Processes alone is not sufficient to succeed in today's highly competitive retail market. A lot of processes are now redundant and also cripple innovation and agility to respond to competition. There is a culture of sticking to legacy framework, systems and processes. The culture needs to change into a dynamic one.

Work

Work is process oriented. Risk taking ability is lacking in the company culture.

Monday to Friday

Team outings

Work with Shoppers Stop ? Rate Shoppers Stop as a workplace.

Click to Rate