syntelinc.com

Flexible

Syntel Reviews

1 - 10 of 737 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Poor

Likes

After working for 12.5 years, They asked me to leave by resigning, even though I was in the Billable Project. Not even given some time like 2 to 3 months. I left as per their wish. In this Material world nothing is eternal, but some activities between two points that is Birth and Death. After learning this, I am peaceful, happy and healthy.

Dislikes

Appraisal will be given good to known people/same language/region people.
Gujarati's are in leading positions and get good support and hold on major activities/decisions.
Sincere Hard working people may not get good rewards unless he favors managers/Directors
Example, If the Manager is MArathi, he supports his language team, if he is Gujju, he supports them.
Majority of the Managers just manage teams and do not involve in Technical/Day to day issues, in building a successful team.
Most of the Trainees, do not have Good technical/Analytical and Communication Skills but recruited in MASS with Minimum Degree/Diploma and misses to put the Heart and Soul in the work, but just work for 2 years and completes the agreement period and Hops the Job. These are few only.

Work

Put the best effort in Working Individually in various projects Like Banking, Credit Cards, Stock Markets and also along with Offshore, Onsite Teams with respect to Quality and Testing Projects. Also worked in Boston, SanFransico as part of the 12.5 years

Monday to Saturday

Work Timings

12:30 AM to 8:30 PM (strict)

Poor
Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

All the things depends on the Project, it means in which project you are working & Which type of project i.e. Dev, Support, Testing. Work-life is good. Not so much pressure on employee to Work. If you satisfy from little growth with work life balance in carrier So it will be good company for you.In this year they gave good hike to employee because lot of employee leaving company.

Dislikes

After Every 2 year they come up with Lay-off (2015, 2017) & fired lot of employees even freshers also (College campus hired). Now in 2019 also they will come with Lay-Off because this year they hired lot-off people & next year they will fire those people. HR behaves like God mother or God father at the time of Lay-off. No one will help you. Your job security depends on your project & work dependency in your project. Senior management always tell that you should learn new technology & if you learn then you will not get project on that technology.

Work

As I have already mentioned that if you are in good project then your work will be interesting. If you are in support project then may be you will frustrate.& if you are on bench they you can fire any time from HR.

Terrible

Likes

There is nothing to like about the job.
Only thing you will get once you join the job is frustration.

Dislikes

There are many first to start with the job timings are 9hrs plus most of the time you need stretch for which you will not get any over time or comp off.
Alot of politics goes on. No one cares how you perform because upper management only requires puppet who will say yes to everything. If you are a female employee then you will feel gender discrimination as well because management only prefers male employees generally who are ready for longer stretch than female employees.
They also get more exposure and promotion. Work environment is pathetic more like a prison than an office. Will not suggest to anyone.
Only if you are a fresher and not getting any job then only you can think for this company that too not for a longer period just get the experience for a year and resign. For experience professional a big no to join this company. I had committed the mistake but will not suggest to anyone.

Job Travel

I have to travel within the city

Work Timings

11:00 AM to 8:00 PM (strict)

Free transport

Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

Since company has 85-90% of workforce with 4 or less year experienced people, it gives ample opportunity to learn from basic to even managerial skills. Not too hard on shift timings.

Dislikes

Even though learning opportunity are many, you have zero say in choosing your project at initial or even experienced level. Managers make you work as if they own you. They forget that resources work for the company and not for them. If you question them, be ready for bad ratings, partial behaviour and cheap politics. Compensations are pathetic after 2 years, even had a friend who had 18 rs/ month hike after one year. Exit policy is a total flop. Layoff is not done on performance basis. Managers give stupid reasons for not giving good hikes, for eg, "you got good rating last time so have to give good rating to other guy this time".As if a charity is going on.

Poor
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

Work-life balance is good. Not so much work pressure on employees. Timing is flexible. From this year they started to give good hike to employees just because their employees are leaving the company.

Dislikes

After every 2 year, they come up with Lay-off (2015,2017) & fire lot of employee even Freshers also(College campus hired & 1-4 year experienced. This year they hired lot of external people so again in 2019 they will come with Lay-off. HR, DD, DM behaves like God mother or God father & sometimes do mental harassment. Job securities depends on your dependency on project. If you are on bench then think that you are in trouble.

Work

Work depends on project, if you are in good project then you will learn lot of things & you will work with excitement. Not so much pressure on employee for work.

+2 More

Poor
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

Work life balance is good. Not so much pressure on employee. Timing is flexible. From this year they started to give good hike to all employees just because their employees are leaving company.

Dislikes

After every 2 years they come up with Lay-off (2015,2017) & fire lot of employee even freshers also (college campus hired & 1-4 yr experienced ) . HR, DD, DM behaves like God mother or God father & sometimes do mental harassment also. Job security depends on your dependency on project.
Politics goes in every company so here you will find same situation. If you are on bench then can fire any time with no reason.

Work

Work depends on project. If you are on good project then you will get good work & you will get more knowledge. Not so much work pressure related to work.

+1 More

Excellent
Excellent
Terrible

Likes

Working in syntel as a fresher is great. But soon after a time, growth is nill. You will get a lot to learn provided you get a good project. The current situation of syntel is very bad as all knowledgeable people are leaving the company remaining with people who have been in the same company for more than 10 years. Horizonal in syntel are the worst filled will lots of polictics and favouritism.

Dislikes

Too much cross Skilling. Hierarchy is bad. Developer is everything here. Only few Team lead, project leads are good. horizonals are worst.

Work

Based on projects my work conditions changed a lot. Got to learn new technology and improved my skillset. But finally came to a project where leaving the company was the only option.

Good

Likes

Syntel is my first company , so i learned very much here. I groomed as an Professional IT from college passout. The best thing in syntel that you will learn very much, you become very hardworking and can handle any project all alone. Syntel have good quality of projects and good working environment.

Dislikes

As an campus hire my salary was not that good compared to other IT companies. In total 2.8 years of time span with syntel i didn't get good hike and appraisal even though my rating use to be always highest.

Work

Mixture of All flavours... Work,Hell lot of Responsibilities,teamouting, parties , syntel events, Sprayas(NGO for children),Lifelong Friends :)

Poor
Good
Poor
Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

The company is best known for its ample onsite opportunities.
Work life balance is mostly good but depends on project.
Job is mostly secure until you are billable.

Dislikes

Trainings are average, trainer might not be an expert on the matter.
There is always time of the year when they layoff quiet a bit of their workforce even billable visa ready resources can be laid off, if you are on bench you are completely out of luck.
Although it's a generic thing you might have heard of but your progress is directly proportional to your repo with manager who are completely incompetent technologically, that makes the matter worst. It also gives a taste of politics that goes on in the company.
It's a purely service based company so there is not much scope for career growth, learning or innovation.

Work Timings

9:30 AM to 6:30 PM (strict)

Good

Likes

I really liked working here because it provided me with a good opportunity with the project and i learned some of the latest technology in the market. I also got health insurance for me covered when I was admitted to hospital. So, overall I liked working here. But it may not be the same experience who are working in different projects. It is purely based on luck I guess. And regarding work politics, it will always be there no matter whichever company you work for. IT sector is all about politics and hard working.

Dislikes

They don't care about people who work in night shift. Being a service based company, increment is ok type not very much difference. All over I was satisfied with the company.

Job Travel

I have to travel within city, within country.

Work with Syntel ? Rate Syntel as a workplace.

Click to Rate