tcs.com

Flexible

TCS Reviews

1 - 10 of 6646 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Good
Good
Poor
Good
Terrible
Poor

Likes

Few things that are good:
1. Job security. In my opinion 80% of the people who are in TCS is because of job security. TCS holds onto their employees even in tough situations in market although there was a large layoff in recent past. Still job security is a plus.
2.Work-life balance: It is good. Most of the time there are no pressure and also work is not much challenging. So usually after the timid learning curve it is easy work-wise. In support projects timing may be an issue because one may have to support weekend or at night but those are compensated. In development projects timing at beginning is casual but at time of delivery it is haywire because always there are no time but lot of development left. This should give an idea of poor management.
3. Benefits: Nice health benefits for employee and family, easy on leaves about maternity, wedding etc.

Dislikes

1. Growth: Not much scope of growth. Freshers are kept on bench just to show employee strength to potential clients. Most of the time freshers are given boring work like data entry or documentation etc.
2. Salary: As the work is not challenging, salary is minimal too. Freshers get 3.5 lpa approx.
3. Work environment: Not really great. Talk about technology is far less heard than gossips. Fear of getting bad rating is the motivation of work. So most of the time people deliver the bare minimum. There is an 8 hrs office time policy but actual work happens for 3-4 hrs only.
4. Politics: Thick management layer and micromanaged. So politics are everywhere. So much so that actual work become secondary to all the mails and meetings and screenshots.
5. Learning: You will definitely learn suave moves of office politics, crafty way to send mails and may be few other skills.
6. Training: Training are given based on project requirements. If an employee has an interest in different technologies, most likely he or she will not a get a chance easily. Resource management is very poor. Employee are forcefully recruited to projects sometime even without their acknowledgement.

In one word, boring.

Work Timings

11:00 AM to 8:00 PM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

You will see job security mentioned in all the posts, TCS has a good brand name and you can flaunt it and it is a matter of pride. The learning opportunities are immense as the learning and development has plethora of articles, exams and training material to enhance your skills. The compensation is the best among the MNC;s but depends on your managers perspective. Sycophancy is omnipresent, needless to say, having said that I will still mention salary part the positives The medical and the digital claim system makes the life easy, the facilities like gym and cafeteria varies from location to location, if you are lucky enough to be deputed at a good place you will get good amenities, place like Malad is an old asylum. The infrastructure is poor. Cons of getting stuck in an internal project.

Dislikes

TCS is like an ocean, some find pearls and diamonds, some find stones and shells, I am the unfortunate one to get the latter one. It is like a curse being in IT. the work pressure is immense, people who proactively work will be burdened until the succumb to pressure, the people who like to enjoy will have the time of their life and loiter around to glory. Getting a release is totally at project managers discretion, I remember the line from the favorite song of eagles, me and my friend used to sing together "you may checkout anytime you want, but you may never leave!". Getting a release from one project is an impossible task, the HR will be ready to let you go out of TCS but will not release from the project, every plea goes unheard. none of the escalations work! the only option is to quit. New joiners are mislead into internal as they lack knowledge and are naive. Experienced people are cheated and thrown into the pit. The internal employees are wise enough to escape the limbo. Just a warning sign whoever is considering joining TCS which otherwise is a heaven for IT geniuses.

Work

Overall journey has been good with ample of opportunities to work on legacy systems and various technology.

+3 More

Education assistance

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

WHEN I TOOK A JOB IN TCS I'VE DECIDED NOT TO QUIT FROM THIS ORGANIZATION AND TAKING IT AS A ONE TIME CAREER OPPORTUNITY AND WORKED REALLY HARD TO FIND A BETTER POSITION OR ROLE IN MY FIRST TEAM AND AFTER ACHIEVING IT I GOT MOVED TO ONE ANOTHER TEAM WHERE THE CIRCUMSTANCES AREN'T REALLY ON MY SIDE DUE TO PROCESS MIGRATION I WAS MOVED ALONG WITH ALL MY TEAM MEMBERS BUT STILL GOT PLACED IN A GOOD TEAM RIGHT NOW AND I'M WORKING WITH THE GOOD PEOPLE SURROUNDED BY ME.
THIS STORY COULD REVEAL THAT TCS IS A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN GET LEARNING, GET TO KNOW NEW WORLD OF CORPORATE BUSINESSES, CHALLENGING ENVIRONMENT TO IMPROVE OURSELVES, LAST RESORT FOR ALL THE EMPLOYEES PERSONAL FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE, A VERY GOOD PLATFORM FOR ALL THE DEEDS ANS NEEDS, RIGHT PLACE TO EXPLORE AND EVOLVE AROUND THE GLOBE AND MORE LIKELY A FAMILY..,

Dislikes

ALL THE ABOVE SAID COMMENTS ARE TRUE TO MY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE BUT IT WAS NOT APPLICABLE OR AVAILABLE FOR SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ABLE TO COPE UP THE CULTURE IN TCS.

Job Travel

I have to travel within the city, within the country, outside country.

Work Timings

3:30 PM to 1:30 AM (flexible)

+7 More

Work from home

Education assistance

Soft skill training

Job training

Good
Poor
Excellent

Likes

3 months of training for Freshers graduate is very good. Everyone will get good learning opportunity during that period and most important thing is you will be connected with people from different location with diverse culture which is very important for everyone to cope up with the corporate environment after completion of school and college life. In projects you will have colleagues of different age groups, so you will not feel bore. Very few employee stays in bench in current scenario. Different projects are available but mostly are support and maintenance project. You will get opportunity to learn new things. TCS is good for CAB and Bus service in Kolkata location. Girls get CAB from 8 PM and boys get from 10 PM. Not sure about other locations in Kolkata we had Bus service in free of cost for pick up and drop. TCS is well known for CSR activity as well. TCS Maitree club organizes different extra curricular activity stating from painting, dancing, trekking and adventure activity. And in the end TCS is famous for MEDICLAIM service I must say. I am not sure about other companies but you don't need to bother about money when you or your family member is sick if they are insured under their scheme

Dislikes

Internal politics is the first point I would like to highlight specifically in Kolkata location which I never liked. TCS gets project in lower wages as a result only one resource is allocated for a 3 men work. Work quality is not so good but not too bad. Salary Hike is incorrigible and as usual low for everyone both for lateral entry as well as fresher graduates.

Work

Initially my work was challenging as I was sole responsible for two different application performance tetsing in 1.5 years of experience. I did many mistakes and learnt from those. My senior was quite helpful and helped me to rectify my mistakes.

+5 More

Soft skill training

Job training

Terrible

Likes

Most horrible place to work.. The HR is a hiring ppl from all the slum areas as most of them are having gutka inside the floor and working on each others work item... Exams of TL s are given by the bpo 1 employees which helps them in gaining an easy access to ... Appraisal is done on the basis of liking of the employees and not by any 1 s performance.. The goal sheet fill up is a very long process and a big waste of time which I feel should be changed with immediate affect as most of the tl s don't even check what is filled by their team members. The only thing I liked about TV was salary is always on time.. Though it is really and extremely less compared to the distance and time that each employees give to reach that place.

Dislikes

There is really nothing to dislike bout Tcs but the management in the bpo sector needs immediate attention as I feel that the companies money is being wasted as I have observed while being there that most of the bpo 4 and above employees have absolutely no work and they should be allocated with more and more work as they are so highly paid between a scale of 50 k to 1 lakh. I have seen such employees not even touching there systems the entire day or may be a week and there wore employees who have come here for onshore transition but for some reason or the other they wore not able to do the transition and have spent more than a year doing nothing and getting a very handsome pay. Please give work to these employees as their behavior is affecting the work all round the floor who are giving there entire effort day and night and getting 7 k to 13 k.

Work

Not what I expected as the crowd is really bad and management is horrible.

Work Timings

1:00 AM to 10:30 PM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

Apart from job security nothing is good for those working in analytics at NKP, Mumbai location

Dislikes

I am writing this for analytics division based in NKP, Goregaon, Mumbai location.
Do not join this place unless you need a job very badly.
This is worst work culture I have come across in my career, the head of the department is the worst leader who do not how to even talk to employees and treat them as if the employees are servants. Therefore the same is done by his deputy. Shouting on employees is a common thing for these guys. They have a very weak knowledge base and do not know anything. As they are failed to bring any good project, thus trying to sell that the employees are very lucky that they got the documentation work and this will improve their career. I don't know how pathetic this sounds but if someone tells that this work is not good then the conclusion they draw is he/she is conspiring against them.

They will hire you by giving false information on the JD and in the interview say that you will get modelling work but in reality there is no work apart from documentation and little bit analysis (if you are lucky you will get this work). After joining when confronted about the promise they have made they will shamelessly say it was your call or can even shout on you.

Since there is no work, all the time they will monitor you like whether you are at desk or not even if you do not have any work and Creating bizzare rules like be seated 9 hours on your desk(other companies have it but only in rule book) else they will call the HR, do not talk with fellow team members ( as they think you are upto something against them), do not laugh as it disturb other employees. All these may sound impractical but these are 100% true my friends.

The result of this kind of work culture is that, almost every financial year about 60 - 80% of employees resign.

There's a lot of bad experience I had here so I will recommend if possible never join to this location of Tcs, there are 99% chances are you will regret it.

Work Timings

1:00 PM to 10:00 PM (strict)

Health insurance

Likes

7 yrs here I never thought wud hv left tata but hd personal issues.but I can close my eyes n trust TATA.All employees r treated equally.Yes there is career n growth opportunity.Tata had gvn me benefits like medical insurance, discounts in all Tata brands, incentives.My process is one of the best chilled process I ever worked with.You plan Leaves n u get it.I agree to the biasness but I knew how to communicate n get my issues resolved.The managmnt is approachable n this is the best company to secure ur future.Yes growth opportunity depends on ur performance offcourse! I could easily balance my work n personal life too. There r learning & development training n other training to help u enhance ur skills.Travel has never been of any issues to me.The entire department work as a family. I never had issues with my salary.Believe me if TCS re-hires I will b the first to stand in a queue.Apart from work v all r member of Tata family v work v njy n v deserve the best.

Dislikes

In rainy season drop is little late as it's​ genuine reason the car has to b driven slow n safe. I was in one process fr 7 yrs but hadn't got opportunity to jump to nxt level unfortunately as I'm undergrad. But there r people who got good career opportunity as they come from different technical n banking background n with qualified degree.

Work

I was in banking n finance department handling inbound customer service calls. But it's fixed shift n fixed weeknds off.I never had issues with my salary.my incentives were as good as my salary. leaves were never an issue as I planned fr it.

Job Travel

I have to travel within city

Terrible
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

You can draw salary without doing any work and even without to going to office a single in a month.

Dislikes

1. First of all, every body in TCS are simple LIAR. HR will lie about salary at the time of joining. Manager will lie about work profile at the time of joining the project. Sometime I feel, TCS Managers are getting salary for telling lie to employee. One HR manager told me TCS salary are like weather fore casting. another HR manager told you may need to pay TCS for working in TCS. I have written proof.
2. They deduct salary of a person after joining. Dont give allocation wvwn if your are actively working in a project.
3. I have never seen such regionalism in any other organisation in India like TCS. North manager does not like south manager and vise a versa, etc. etc.
4. There are few managers who takes money from recruitment firm. I mentioned the same to Regional HR, but no action was taken.
5. TCS encourages its employee to use personal laptop or computer to connect and work in client network. I have written proof. I raised the concern to appropriate authority. But No Action.

Work

1. They hired me to spoil business of my previous employee. In fact TCS hired the entire group. After hiring they just kept us in bench for 6 months and poor rating for non performance. And subsequently deducted salary as per TCS policy.

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 6:30 PM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

Working in India within TCS , might offer some benefits in terms of policies like (sabbatical, maternity leaves etc). The work life balance really depends on the project in India, your onsite location and your manager.

Is good if you want to settle and job security is the highest prio.

Dislikes

- No defined career path for Business Analyst
- No scope in consulting career
- Poor middle management creates a lot of hierarchy and titles of very mediocre standards
- Training modules in company do not focus on practicality and are extremely lengthy and time consuming
- Promotions and appraisal completely depends on how your relationship was with your management
- Onsite travel opportunity is also quite a pain and RMG does not really help much and would push you into any project to meet targets
- Complete lack of involvement from top most management with employees
- Work environment completely depends on the management style and frustration of employees due above reasons.
- Can require very good political instincts to survive for long term

Work

Within TCS, work really depends on the project you are working on.
Can be very exciting to extremely frustrating.
Consulting can be boring as not much of primary research is conducted and work and assignments are based on secondary research mostly.

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (strict)

Poor
Good
Poor
Good
Excellent

Likes

I like many things here as compared to similar mnc's (based on exp of my friends working in other companies) like first of all job security, leave policy, work timings n over all work-life balance but I would say going in long term it solely depends on projects you are working or clients you are working for. I worked in many domains and with plenty of clients and felt it was very different situation in handling things with all of them. Apart from work environment, I also liked being here as TCS is a subsidiary of TATA Sons which is know for benevolence in Indian Society, it feels an immense proud that around 60% of our earnings are going for charity. Thanks.

Dislikes

Yeah I dislike many things as well.
1. High level of politics in appraisal and on-site deputation, but I would say at the same time if you are talented then no one will dare to play with you.

2. Stagnent growth for mid level employee
3. Learning/innovation/opportunities are depend on your project you are working for, suppose your clients are involved/interested to train/up skill you then well n good but from TCS side its almost negligible. RMG ,HR, Higher management people will never care about your skill or as per skill mapping. Thanks

Work

Neither hectic nor boring, if you are a crazy coder you will find a way to become in limelight , if you are a mediocre you can be in corner n do as directed to do.

Job Travel

I have to travel international travel

+1 More

Health insurance

Work with TCS ? Rate TCS as a workplace.

Click to Rate