UnitedHealth

3.9
unitedhealthgroup.com
11th Floor, Tower - A, DLF Towers Jasola, Jasola District Centre New Delhi Delhi INDIA 110025
Healthcare

Flexible

UnitedHealth Reviews

1 - 10 of 661 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Poor
Good
Poor
Good
Good
Poor

Likes

> job security is good no need to worry about that,career growth i dint think so i have seen many ppl still struggling for there appraisal
>salary is based on our role & position its not that much bad wen compare to other mnc`s
> UHG handles a fantastic transport system no doubt in that
politics is every were we see in mnc`s in UHG it have little bit more im the one the victim of that
>learning its depend up on our time a work balance if u r really interested to learn something definitely company will help u
>work environment is pretty cool no pressure its a fun place actually can enjoy our work station
>innovation its depend up on ur talent & way of thinking we do have a very good innovation team as well so can do it
>work life balance- is as usual depending up on ur life style and worl style if u balance the both thing similarly can have good work life balance.

Dislikes

the one most thing i dislike is late night shifts were we don`t have night shift allowance for that & the management is not all transparency do u have any complain on ur manager if u reached to higher authority definitely they will point on u that will be exposed to ur manager & they will keep on targating on u & ur carrier.

Work

its pretty cool can have a many opportunity's to setup ur carrier

I have to travel within city

Work Timings

9:00 PM to 6:30 AM (strict)

Health insurance

Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

There is very slow growth in term of technologies with very few chance to move from old technologies to new technologies.There is hardly chance to onsite . As part of appraisal , Average hike is 8 to 9%. So far It is the manager driven company . There are many employees who have no technical as well as functional knowledge are placed at higher positions . So you will get promotion only if you are your manager 's favorite .
The only thing is good about this company is Work life balance . If your team is good then you can easily manage your personal life with office work. My team mates are good.

Dislikes

There is very slow growth due to higher number of experience people on higher positions. It may be possible there are 2 or more leads in 10 member of team .There is very hard chance to onsite now and max duration of onsite is 6 months. Compensation is also average and below average due to higher percentage of variable part .Variable is 15% of fixed salary and it is annually payable . You will get full variable if you are top performer . For fresher , it is not a good choice as there is no training in for fresher.

Work

There is no much work pressure but some time you need to work hard to deliver the project on time . Some time I feels bore because of repetitive work and same technology.

Work from home

Terrible

Likes

Nothing I like in UGH. Full politics no growth even after working for 4 to 5 years.

Dislikes

Long working hours nearly 13 hours 9.3 hours plus transport timing. If there was an overtime or stretch you will go to home for sleep for around 5 hours. You have to forget your family and kids. You cannot do your own work. Mobiles are restricted for some span no alternative telephone for any urgency. You cannot intimate regarding emergency or unexcept leaves to managers as they do not have mobiles which peanalis you on performance or behaviour issue. I had noticed Sexual harassment and sexual favour asked by employee which were not taken to notice to HR. There is no HR particularly, to raise escalation it will be like calling to customer care. Work tensions are less but you will face issues with manager regarding performance ratings even if you are good. Totally Optum or UHG is just a place for temporar hang out. If you joined make sure to realise things arround you reg incentives, promotions and other work related things to consider. If you come to know they are bad leave as soon as

Good
Good
Poor
Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

One of the best company to work but salary growth is like null. Here your manager is everything, if you performed very well even then it's totally depend on your manager only, if he want to give you hike or not. I have not seen any career growth in last 5 yrs. Worst teammates, so much politics.

Dislikes

Since Optum take over United health group then it's become a worst company. Noone listen about employee growth, they are focusing only on cost cutting and firing employees without any genuine reasons only because of cost cutting. They will never see your performance, if your manager decide, he will give you hike otherwise he will put you in CAP without any reason. After that noone listen to you, whether you go to HR or higher level. Here manager thoughts they are the owner of company. If any company is not in favour of growth of his own employees then it is the worst company ever in term of simple language. If you care for your employees then they care for your business. It's as simple as that.

Very Boring.

Rotational Shift

Work Timings

12:00 PM to 12:00 AM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

Nothing

Dislikes

Unethical company. Their ethics are compassion, empathy etc... All those are shit. No one is following that.
They will hire u on the name of UnitedHealth, later on they will move u in Optum. Recruiter won't explain u the payment module clearly, once u will join then u come to know yr real 'in hand' salary.
Laptop can blast at any time due to technical issue, it had happened with one of colleague.

They can ask u anytime to leave by telling that u are underperforming candidate (unethical) without giving u any compensation, however u will be receiving appreciation from other colleagues and VP.

Manager will ask u to do his work and won't count that during review meeting.

They have provided relieving letter after 2 and half month after series of mails and calls.

Work

Worse.. u need to work on weekends too.

All 7 days

Job Travel

I have to travel international travel

Terrible
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

Operations teammates are good. Training is good. No job security and career growth in operations team. Learning is good. Entire process is good except managers. They will torture you like anything until you became a favorite for them.

Dislikes

Compensarion/salary hike is less and it depends on manager discretion, not on employee performance. Operations management will force you people to work on every Saturdays and Sundays for that they will call it as business requirement. They will not allow you to take your entitled leaves. For one day sick leave also they will ask you to submit medical certificate. Managers do not value individual strength and performance. They don't like questioning and straight forward people. They will like people who are supporting them, spying and who will play politics. People who are very close to managers will get promoted and more salary hike than others.

Work

Processing claims, fraud identification of claims

Work Timings

8:00 AM to 5:30 PM (strict)

Team outings

+3 More

Soft skill training

Poor

Likes

Industrial Engineering Team:
The company has an old bureaucratic structure with no aggressive growth strategy. The teams consist of creative and talented minds but leadership is outdated and makes no effort to motivate people. The vision is very blurred and people do not know here there are heading up to. The HR is very weak and has no authority to intervene in any matter within teams. The only option left with people is to live the stagnant environment or leave the company.
The people are continuously threatened by managers to fill the vital sign scores in front of the manager, which is supposed to be anonymous and is general practice is a company. Hr is not able to do anything about it.
The iteration rates are quite high due to lack of motivation and support from management.

Dislikes

The job is secure
The work-life balance is good

Depressing

Work Timings

2:00 PM to 12:00 PM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

In uhg there is good packages for onshore people(usa) but for offshore people(india) don't even 05 percent of there salaries

Dislikes

In uhg managers,dm,Sdm who plays alot of politics, the people who are favour to them they get good hike in salaries and there career growth . Hardworking transparent people they don't have career growth there I.e., no hike in salaries, no next level moment. Long working hours in every shift i.e.,09:30 hours.So, I request everyone not to join uhg.

Work

I wasted my precious number of years by joining uhg. I worked for toughest process in uhg i. e., ubh(unet). From our own salary amount uhg deduct qvc amt as depending on performance the same will be credited every 03 months this is absolutely unfair

Work Timings

8:30 PM to 6:30 AM (strict)

Excellent

Likes

Working with UHG is awesome feeling. I never see my pay slip whether I received accurately or not because the reason is per my offer letter calculations are ver clear understanding and I got accurate salary including my OTs and everything is on track. I felt my teammates are my family and they created that relationship even supervisors also. Going outing and spending time with teammates is created good relationship between us and supervisor also.

Dislikes

I never felt anything like it is bad due to night shifts I come out from the organization. If I get chance to work with UHG, definitely I won't loose.

Exiting

I have to travel within city

Work Timings

6:00 PM to 3:00 AM (strict)

Team outings

+4 More

Soft skill training

Health checkups, Gaming Zone

Terrible

Likes

Very poor environment sitting problems, Big level post like Manager and Project Lead all time gives presser, and torches. Some time say you don't know i can spoil your careers and all.

Dislikes

This organization is really good but inside peoples like Senior manager, manager and project lead play with blow level resource. Even not with polite manner.
Inside organizations a lots of politics with resource.

Work

My manager and team lead provide to me task and finish daily basic. If any issue in productions then spend more time apart from office hours.

Job training

Work with UnitedHealth ? Rate UnitedHealth as a workplace.

Click to Rate