Verizon

Flexible

Verizon Reviews

1 - 10 of 233 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Good
Good
Excellent
Excellent
Good
Excellent

Likes

Personally Verizon is great company. When I got the offer I was happiest person. Verizon consistently makes an effort for the ultimate productivity.

1) Team outings to reduce or eliminate friction if any between employees and employees and management.- Result- Productivity.

2) Neat and clean environment wide spaces. Comfortable seating

3) Multi-cultured people you get a various cultures and learn the cultures and understand.

4) Job Rotation- It is great. Within same portfolio or other portfolio for over all gaining knowledge for future growth.

5) Regular meetings to know about the project status past, present and future up comings to understand and improve further.

6) Great town hall meetings to understand the what happened and what should happen at high level.

7) Training- Training should be given as per the current and future project needs. Which benefits employee and the company as a whole.

8) Job security is very good.

9)Politics: Positive Politics are benefit for the company. Negative Politics you are in self destruction mode.(Negativity breeds Negativity)

10) Salary is little less than great. Appraisal is good.

11) Travel : Travel is not there at all out of country. As per my knowledge.
at least some of the employees would love to travel to other country.

12) Team mates are great and they are not positively motivated enough.

13) Innovation is the key. Company is very open to the Innovation

14.) Re-Hire Policy is great.

Dislikes

1) Work life balance is not up to the mark. Specifically women employees.
Late night stay at work and waking up late for both men and women is not good for health related matters. Optimal work life balance makes the employee productive.

2) Onshore travel is limited.

3) Team mates do not share the responsibility.

Work

1) I am a Database Developer for various applications.
2)Some times I feel little boring (that's ok) and too many request as the same time and every one asks the status. . I have only two hands (instruments)

I have to travel within city

Work Timings

11:30 AM to 8:30 PM (flexible)

Free transport

Childcare

+7 More

Soft skill training

Job training

Free Snacks.

Terrible

Likes

nothing

Dislikes

1. We use very old technologies. As old as 6 - 10 years. Example, we still use Java 6 and jee 6, most of the 3rd party apis we use are ages old.
2. There is no scope for learning.
3. New ideas are not at all encouraged.
4. Teams are not transparent.
5. Too much bureaucracy.
6. The Indian counterpart does not have access to most of the QA/Dev server. So in case of a testing incident, the developer or the QA has to wait till onshore arrives to get the logs.
7. Most of the times onshore teams take all the decisions such as what tools to use, what apis to use etc.
8. Managers are clueless and do not support the teams
9. There is not enough space in the office. More than 4 people sitting in a few to many cubicles.
10. Contract employees have to always move/shift between work stations because priority is given to Verizon's own employees.
11. Teams do not sit together because of space constraints.
12.Cafeteria is used to conduct events and during that time we have to eat early or skip lunch

Work Timings

11:30 AM to 8:30 PM (flexible)

Health insurance

Good
Excellent
Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

I found Verizon a place of all comforts. Found best work life balance here and Verizon gives you opportunity to learn any technology. Verizon have policy of internal job change, If you are really Keen to upgrade or learn new skills, Verizon is right place.
If you r really not atall working then you need to be little scared about lay off. Otherwise you will get comfortable and growing environment . Mangers are so supportive and motivating. Somehow I feel, I made wrong decision of moving out from Verizon. I just wanted to have sip of uncomfortable place by moving out. Otherwise Verizon never gave me even a single chance to look out for change.

Dislikes

NOTHING

Work

I learned multiple skills here. I started my career in storage , through internal job change I got into hadoop and then into cloud. Now I m working as cloud architect . But all credit goes to Verizon. This place gave me learning and experience both.

Free transport

+6 More

Free food

Soft skill training

International relocation

Job training

Terrible

Likes

Nothing

Dislikes

Too much politics. Zero work life balance. Always expect offshore team to work even after 10 30 pm everyday but onshore team has good work life balance and they will never work beyond 5 pm US time. Gives single digit percent appraisal with lame excuses as a reason. No onshore opportunities. Management never provides any opportunity to grow but expects you to make your own opportunity apart from doing day to day tasks. Company boasts for job security, recently fired 1/6th of its employees with no notice. Always focuses on cost cutting but does nothing to the employees with the saved costs. Saved millions of dollars by retiring mainframes by sucking the life out of employees but never shared any compensation with them. Budget to team lunch and team outing has been called off. We can see how pathetic the company's state now. Advising all the freshers and laterals to read the above content to decide before joining.

Poor
Good
Poor
Excellent

Likes

I joined Verizon as a fresher and worked for two and a half years. I got 2 promotions and better hikes than my friends in other company. One good thing about Verizon is that they give hikes even during recession and there are no lay offs in India. They lay off in USA but not in India. Career growth depends mostly on the team you work. The work usually extends to late in the night due to calls and meetings with US counter parts. The work culture is worst as the US counterparts feel superior to Indian team. There is a lot of politics and lack of transparency. But there are few (very few) teams in Verizon with good managers who don't pressurize the team and care for their subordinates.These days they have part time work options for women employees and work from home for selected employees.

Dislikes

The work timings are flexible but we have to stay late at office to take the calls with US counter parts as we are not allowed to take them from home.

Poor

Likes

It's good company at the retirement age as no innovation needed , only politics, beaurocracy needed to survive.

Dislikes

Very high level of favoritism and biased culture.
No motivations or atleast acknowledge ment for good done.
The current VDSI (India) top management culture is highly "YES BOSS" type of mind sets and if one goes or tries the other way their career would be ruined and would be thrown out of the company. Now, company is going through very large scale cost cutting exercise. So, only the candidates with good connections at top level management (although it is named internally as "high level visibility" ) irrespective or their skill or deliverable would survive and skill, exp, work, deliverables, would not be considered for ones performance rating or calibration or growth.

Work

Hectic, boring, highly demotivational due to very high favouritism and biased culture.

Good
Good
Poor
Terrible

Likes

The compensation and benefits are very good. Probably a notch above market standards.The company always tries to apply the latest technology in its application development process which provides a good learning experience for employees.

Dislikes

The job security is just terrible and it's negative impact on employee morale cannot really be put into words.It has created permanent scars in the minds of all employees. There are constant rumours floating around about job cuts within the company. The management has never come out proactively and cleared the air related to these issues. Job cuts and retrenchment happen silently in the background though. To cut a long story short it has been a traumatic experience to work in this organisation.

Poor
Good
Poor

Likes

Was a decent place to work.

Dislikes

Lazy, hasty, error-prone Management. (Lazy)90% management would be dead to innovation. (Hasty)10% suddenly they would realize something has changed in industry, we need to take the lead, after the world would've moved way beyond and progressed to advanced stage or newer technologies. (Error-prone) management bites more than it could chew. Foolish, erroneous acquisitions, business deals (loss-making) compares itself to unrelated sectors to show poor performance to employees to cut on paychecks..

Work

Work from home - not for work-life balance... Work min 8 hours at office. Work for the next 8 hours from home.

Work Timings

5:30 AM to 3:30 PM (strict)

+1 More

Terrible
Good
Excellent
Poor

Likes

Good Package and Work ethics are followed.
Professionalism is to the core which makes the team to collaborate.

Dislikes

VDSI has got no access to admin tools on any domain.
Its all taken care by the domestic people.
VDSI does only the basic work which was felt like stage stopper for the employees in US.
Learning is absolutely nothing.
No soft skill training or growth opportunities.
People gets stagnant on a specific role and designation for very long time, company would chase such people in the name of role rationalization so called layoff.
VDSI is not preferred for Indian employees to work and grow in carrier and prosper in life.

Terrible

Likes

This company sacks its employees like tissue papers.Never join this organisations my friends. Now tell me why do I like this company

Dislikes

This company uses its employees like tissue papers.This company follow use and through policy. It can sack thousands of employees over night. No job security at all. It sacked employees not based on the performence but based on random selection like enki pinky ponkey sack this name and sack that name

Work

I use to work like a donkey for nuts with a fear of loosing the job over night on daily basis

I have to travel within city

Work with Verizon ? Rate Verizon as a workplace.

Click to Rate