wipro.com

Flexible

Wipro Reviews

1 - 10 of 3883 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Poor
Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

The thing you might like about working in Wipro is that your relatives will know that you work in a reputed private firm. Over that you will have job security with decent /terrible growth.

Dislikes

The list is long -
1. I am an electronics and communication engineer, and was hired by the firm as bachelor's was the prerequisite for the job. But trust me the resource allocation on Wipro is terrible and maybe the reason why Wipro has majority of production support project. They will hire people from weird domains (like biotechnology, automobile, electrical and many more) and would deploy in basic support work which is actually killing the talent of the person.
2- salary hike for 1-6 years experienced resource is terrible, they'll Juice up your efforts, make you follow the tight time lines, make you work like donkeys but when it comes to giving hike would just distribute it amongst the higher administration. Feel worthless yet? Come join Wipro, sure you will believe in that.
3- getting money from the client by showing the human resource that they have would just be used to gross up their revenues, but the truth is that you'll just end up waiting on beach for so long that you'd be ready to take up any project be it how bad it is. You see the game? They're charging the client already in your parent domain and then making you work in a different domain and earning twice from single resource, in return paying you half of the half the amount you deserve.
At last I'd rest my fingers by saying - "if you want a stable job and want to live your life peacefully then you can join Wipro as experienced resource, but if you're a rookie then buddy look somewhere else this company just knows how to juice up profits and when it comes on returning the favor they'll give an excuse of market condition, company loss etc etc etc.....

Rotational Shift

Work from home

+1 More

Health insurance

Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

I started my career 9.5 years back in Wipro joined as lateral.

As a part of big organisation, you can get a lot of onsite opportunity and also you can choose your career path as you wish.
Also, you can move across different locations with some effort.

Dislikes

well a long list, will try to put few.

Work-life balance - Sometime back I thought wipro is moving into the big implementation programs and changing from a bodyshop to a consulting company. But I was proven wrong. They still take projects on cheap rates and make life of employees miserable in delivery. Weekends also working.

Compensation - Althought the onshore compensation is mostly ok on par with local salary structures, it will still be on lower side. Offshore salary doesnt improve over long period as there will be times when they will give only 0-2% hike in a year.

Promotion and appraisal cycle - Some policy for namesake. But mostly promotions happen only as per management will and their liking. So more you are close to your manager, better chance for your promotion and better ratings. Senior management people keep their position intact working in same account for years without contributing much.

I really wish the company change its work style else they will be doomed forever.

Work

I am working in Wipro technologies since last 9.5 years. Before that I had 2 year experience with another IT company.
I am working as a SAP consultant and have worked on many projects in development as well as in support.

Job Travel

I have to travel within country, international travel.

Work Timings

12:00 AM to 12:00 PM (strict)

Good
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

One of the best company to start your career as it offers immense opportunities to learn new technologies and grow. You will have access to lots of quality trainings on trending technologies however getting a good project is totally based on your luck. Salary and appraisal is average as it doesn't offer a great appraisal or salary package that you can get outside after having a decent experience and knowledge. Work culture is 4/5. Talking about innovation, it again depends upon your project and manager, if your manager is supportive and encourages you then only you can prolong your innovation or else it is diificult. Best comapny in terms of Job security if you are a decent performer. Transport facility is good.however now they provide only one side of transport.You may get work from home but not always depending upon the project.

Dislikes

Salary, appraisal is very average even if you are top performer. Recognition depends upon which project you are in. If you are in a project which does not generate much revenue, you wont be able to get what you deserve in terms of appraisal or recognition. It all depends upon your project and manager. Office politics is everywhere so as here. For traveling to other office for training purpose, again it depends upon your manager. If you want to learn something new apart from your current role, it is very difficult as your manager wont allow you to travel for this.Gym is chargeable. Team outing is very very less.

Work

It was really good but not the best as depending upon the business requirement you will be put into the BUs even if you have expertise in some other area.

Childcare

+1 More

Poor
Good
Poor
Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

Work life balance is good.

Dislikes

Guys, I know many people may disagree with me, but i would rather go with my own view. Freshers, as they have all those rosy dreams of working in a branded MNC and shaping their career with lucrative and innovative technology, please do a research about the projects which wipro has got in the recent times. There were some good projects which Wipro had for freshers joining before 2016, but the circumstances are not the same in the recent times. you may get hired, even get trained on some technology(may not be of your choice), but you may not easily get a project to work on. They have something called as training academy which is nothing but a trap to misguide the people, they will repeatedly call you to join the academy saying that you will get very good opportunity here, but I have seen people spending months to get in a project. It is very shameful to say that the kind of politics which the people at higher managerial level are playing is taking the company towards the negative side. You will find those people at manager and delivery manager levels, who have been associated with this company for almost 10 - 15 years. They have good terms with each other and that is the reason they take the organisation for granted and you may get treated some times as being a helpless slave. Though, Wipro has some advantages for the people who want less work and relaxed life.

Work

I consider myself among one of those lucky employees who became a part of the automotive domain (which is almost at it's extinction in wipro now).

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 6:30 PM (strict)

Childcare

Terrible

Likes

Wipro has some good customers giving opportunities across the globe specially those aspiring for onsite at any level. They have it. Other good thing is their internal training for managers, architects, leads which are quality and compete to any external certification.

Dislikes

List is long, so I will put it in points, I have experienced all of it, so it's not any personal frustration but what things actually are -
1) No longer a safe place to work. They have put various policies in place which targets 20% employees annually, 10% are given pink slip, next lot are sure to be shown the door next year.
2) They claim to have robust performance appraisal but most of it is driven by internal politics, targeting resource who are soft / less influential and would agree to management.
3) Many of their managers sitting on same account for years have achieved higher positions. They don't go through mandatory certifications and have little to no learning curve. All they do is ensure their own survival and act as roadblocks for resources they see as threat to their positions.
4) Compensation is very mediocre of offshore and onshore both. If someone is dreaming big of making big money, Wipro is not the place. They have made promotions very tough.

Work

More of a body shopping, I was sitting long term onshore just to swing the billing. Quality of work - mediocre. Work Pressure - Huge, Benefits - Very limited

I have to travel international travel

Work Timings

12:00 PM to 12:00 AM (strict)

Poor

Likes

Working from the right client location will open doors. Due to a severe lack in quality of team leaders and managers, a strong QA can outshine and become indispensable. The exposure would be immense and such a relatively small role will have huge implications.

Wipro also has good learn while you earn programs. I myself pursued one and it was pretty decent.

Dislikes

Pay is drastically lower than industry median. A 5 year tenure System Administrator in Wipro Technologies working as a vendor for a leading OS oriented company and a Team Lead in Wipro BPO working as a vendor for a leading search oriented company earn roughly the same around 30k. Both are typically post graduates.

Work culture is poor and outdated. I worked in both Wipro BPO and Wipro Technologies and the latter is worse than the former. In the former at least I was extremely fortunate to work from a client location that is an international hallmark.

Quality of intake is heavily compromised which creates team friction and a lack of mental compatibility.

Wipro is woefully bureaucratic and unorganized so you could end up creating same content over and over again. This also shows in resolving your issue which typically takes days or weeks to resolve, if that.

Transport is notorious and shabby.

Work Timings

8:00 AM to 5:30 PM (strict)

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

Employee learning, benefits and growth are at high level,where no one can dream of it .Work life balance is excellent. Motivational guidance is always available through within multiple platforms of the organisation.Its pleasure to work in Wipro organisation and am very proud of being recognised as wiproite in this IT world. Upgrading Skill set is very very important to survive in this organisation.

Dislikes

(1)In this survival world obviously education qualification may not be matching with the career aspirations derived by organisation.So, if the career goals/trainings are reconstructed according to the scope/level of employee rather than assembling the entire number of working employees ,that might help to retain employees in the organisation. (2)Free pool/ bench sitting is really a threat of loosing the job .(3) Few HR are not really meant to work their main goal is to remove employee from the organisation if they are in bench and also they won't consider to see employee years of experience and their standard of excellence.

Work

Testing department is very interesting job.Initial days will feel like having hectic work but as the days goes on will feel very comfortable in completing the task assigned by superiors.If the project work is not having any upgrade will feel bored.

Job Travel

I have to travel within country, international travel.

Good
Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

WIPRO it's a wonderful organization where I learnt so many things about the IT sector. In kinds of Skill development I experienced Wipro as a wonderful platform to work and to gain knowledge on technologies like VMware and HyperV. This is the best company to start our career growth in IT field. I worked on good projects like Migration related and operational support as Windows Server Administrator. And moreover colleagues are like so caring and responsible in supporting to know various new things, glad to work with that employees.I also like the employee re-hire policy in WIPRO which can we feel like return home. Had a wonderful journey with WIPRO.

Dislikes

As I entered as a fresher firstly I trained on different technology domain but perhaps I recruited to another technology domain which I felt very bad that we trained on some technologies but that management is forcing to move to projects which have vacancies but not related to our technology domain.Managers are very much supportive in Knowledge and skill development perspectives and somehow value an individual's unique strengths but whenever receive appreciation emails from my client, but they mostly go unnoticed during my mid-year appraisals.Compensation is decent, but growth is slow.

Rotational Shift

+5 More

Job training

Poor

Likes

Weekly training program on latest technologies and spirit of Wipro run. There are some good projects wit a a lot of learning scope. Job security is okay.

Dislikes

No proper management specially in an offshore-onshore model. Appraisals isn't based on how good you are at work or what new you have done or learnt but it will be based on the budget allocated for the project, how your relationship with your manager and how much your existing package is. Career growth is limited to none at all.You have to be lucky to get a progression or if you are critical project resource and decide to quit then only you can get the promise getting promoted or so. Work environment again depends on the project you are working at. Mostly colleagues will be good but need to be careful. For L3 support, there is nothing such as work life balance specially if you are at onshore. You will have to work on legacy systems and you will be left with nothing to put on your resume once you are released of the project. There is job security but no growth unless you are a self learner.

Work

Well, my work was just okay. I had to work in many different projects and in multiple roles. The previous projects well decent but after 5 years, the projects I got were not that interesting and were completely on legacy systems with higher work load.

All 7 days

I have to travel international travel

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 6:30 PM (strict)

+3 More

Job training

Good

Likes

The company provides an ample opportunity to learn new technologies with number of trainings and more space for skill development which I admire a lot. Teammates are from different places, different cultures yet they collaborate with each other, share mutual friendships, caring sharing which makes working environment a much enjoyable one.
There are lots of onsite opportunities also available, provided you are with the apt client.

Dislikes

The company has ambitious goals towards the future which is not bad at all. At the same time, it should not make more stress itself without empathizing the employees. For example, stringent rules on Floor timings (Doesn't Care about the completion of actual tasks) which affects the employee's work life balance;
Reducing the compensation and benefits in the name of cost optimization.
I personally feel, things like these will affect the perception about the company outside.

Work

Generally my work is to look after the two applications support, both like opposite poles. One is really calm, stable and less critical while the other being always highly critical. Albeit looks like doing same tasks repetitively, there are new learnings

Work Timings

1:00 PM to 10:30 PM (strict)

International relocation

Work with Wipro ? Rate Wipro as a workplace.

Click to Rate