Tata Motors

Flexible

Tata Motors Reviews

1 - 10 of 2185 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Terrible
Good
Terrible
Poor

Likes

Ratan tata ji ki mai ejat karta hu or thanks apko sir ki apne mujhe kuchh bolne ka moka diya sir aj mai berojgar betha hu or apna bahumuly time barbad kar raha hu wo Tata moter ki wajh se kyo ki waha hamne apni emandari ko becha agar mai bhi waha kam na karke kewal chaplushi karta ap bade sir log ka to sayad Tata moter rudrpur plant mai parmanet ho jata sir mai hi hu jo tata mother ki feluwar car daicor mai fer se Jan fukne wala faki bajo ko kam se rubaru karane wala dublicet part ko pakad kar report Karne wala jo aj feluwar ho kar ghar par betha huwa hai,kyo ki mai Jada kam ke parti wafa dar ho gaya tha bas eshi ki saja mili mujhe, aj apni khoi hu gairl Freand ke sath sadi kar ke khus rahte ham v tata moters ka ye upkar hampar bhule nahi bhula raha hai

Dislikes

Achhe worker ko najar andaj kardena kyo na wo plant hed ki hi najar mai ho uske bhagy ka fesla peetar chetlan jese shift enchar ke hatho mai Chhod Dena jo apni swarth ke karan hmai bech mai hi chhod kar tata tcs joyne kar leta hai or ham ak anadi shift incharj ke bharose chhod deta hai hamare bhawisy ka fesla jo Kabhi hamare kam ko dekha hi nahi wo kya Janega ki ham ne 19 month mai kya kya kiya 26 mai ane keliye, sari umido par vikas joshi ne pani fer diya

Rotational Shift

Education assistance

+2 More

Poor
Good
Poor

Likes

They provide job security and there is not much work stress. You get sufficient time to deliver your work.They have a child care facility which is quite helpful for working women. They provide wonderful transport facility at nominal rate in case you don't have personal travelling arrangement.

Dislikes

Compensation is decent but not as par with other automobile OEMs like Mahindra and Maruti Suzuki. Also the worst is that it is a 6 day working company with no work and personal life balance. While other OEMs have shifted to 5 day working, it is still intact with 6 day working policy believing that it more efficient. Career growth is almost stagnant with new promotion and progression policy. Everyone from a 1 year experienced engineer to someone 10 years experience have the same designation as Senior Manager unlike other company which makes us feel awkward. For progression within the band and engineer have to spend may be minimum 3 to 4 yrs and there are 3 levels in a band. So all together if you consider minimum 3 yrs for progression, you might need 9 yrs for promotion from one band to another. All together there are 6 bands from L1 to L6.

Work

My role is a testing and validation engineer. I have to test physical prototype of vehicle models for various performance related parameters and failures as per design validation plan to ensure defect free product before launching in market.

I have to travel within country

Terrible

Likes

colleagues were very friendly and cooperative, you get much to implement your knowledge, all your team members also obey you

Dislikes

job security is the main concern, i worked on contract basis. If company is shutdown due to material shortage our leaves are deducted..we get 12-14 days leave but material shortage days are 10-20 days .hence our salary will b deducted even if it is companies mistake to not get material on time.
You are always kept in under a carrot approach that you will be given a permanent job if u stay overtime and do extra work for free.
transport also is charged for contractual employees.Rs 1000 per month.
as a contractual you are given step motherly treatment and not even invited for funtions and not even given medical cover.
You are placed lowest (contractual) in hierarchy and not given importance even if u r talented .

Other things are fine...Dont join company on contract basis.you will get 20000 on paper. after deduction transport..pf and shutdown days you will be handed 13000-15000 in hand .
If you get permanent job then only join this company

Work

Contractuals get stepmotherly treatment, flse promisea of permanancy , many deduction in salary even for transport and material shortage days.
dont join a contractual job in this company

Job Travel

I do not have to travel. It's a desk job.

Work Timings

8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (strict)

Excellent

Likes

I thought that it was my luck to get a good mentor over there. Means he taught me so much that most of my skillset is due of him. Really and the culture over the company was damn good if you really love to breakthrough with your creativity and ideas then that's the place to be in. And supposedly I do got interacted with some good vibes of people. I worked with quality and production department. You won't feel like leaving even if you're working for more hours means it feels like I should do that job which is deputed to me. To be on micro level it's awesome to learn those little things and it's really an learning experience for me.

Dislikes

The thing I dislike over there is the internal politics of company which I didn't got to indulge in much as being a trainee but got smell of thoughts which have been around me. I think there should be open idea session in between departments to welcome the ideas from every department, irrespective of the department.

Work

It was exciting from day one, I worked with quality and production department. Learner some quality tools, enhanced my skillset, mentor was really awesome person. His teaching skills and inspite of being in with some busy schedule he spared some time.

Monday to Friday

Job Travel

I do not have to travel. It's a desk job.

Work Timings

8:00 AM to 5:30 AM (flexible)

Good
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

I have joined Tata Motors as an FTA in1972 13 the March. As I have performed Best Apprentice I got immediate appointment in 1974 17 the July as Special Training. Confirmed in December 1975.
What I think best in Tata motors is , management gives lot of opportunities for all. People should know about the course. I being a only 11 the pass from Bengal without any further education raised by Management up to TM-C grade which I never expected. What I observed being an engineer if they don't have performed well could not rise.
Management keep Eagle eyes on each employee.
Last but not the least " Performe or Perish". Thanks again to management of Tata Motors that now I have 2 child performing well at their work place which I learned in my service period.

Dislikes

Leaders & fewer bad employee. Some Management people who only rules with ugly words, specially in "QUALITY ASSURANCE" Division. I taught them a lesson before retirement, as Top Management supported me for my contribution to Tata motors. Nobody helps newly appointed employee except Training Center.

Work

Exciting, as everything is open to learn.

I have to travel within country

Work Timings

7:30 AM to 4:30 PM (strict)

+3 More

Health insurance

Facilities

Awards every year & Grade revision every 3 yrs. Free medical, Top performing school.

Good

Likes

The organisation is exactly like it's reputation in the job market that is you will be glad when you will become a part of its vast family. Working as an assistant manager in plant quality will enhance your skill and you will learn about the latest technologies and an exact atmosphere of an MNC will help your career grow many folds.
Although there are several disadvantages while working as an Assistant manager because you will be employed on contract basis which reduces the job security also the salary is also not comparable to other permanent employees of Tata motors who are at the same designation as you are,which is very unfortunate.
But the overall experience will be very good for a fresher looking for working with an MNC

Dislikes

There is nothing to dislike about Tata motors as it is currently one of the best MNCs in our country. The major disappointment is the salary of the Assistant manager which is quite low compared to other commercial vehicle manufacturers like Mahindra and eicher.

Work

Work is exciting and you will learn new things everyday which will enhance your overall personality. Working in an MNC is a dream for many freshers and Tata motors will fulfill your dream in every aspect

+3 More

Education assistance

Good
Good
Poor
Excellent

Likes

I have awesome experience in a Tata motors, Excellent staff, doing work with enjoyment, trips, and all
Permanent employees so caring, always shearing working experience, and helping any problems
Thus easily solve the problems on solution.
My Supervisor always teaching new technology and part information
Mostly I like in morning shift meeting points a an sefty contact
Travelling no issues
Canteen facilities a one
One of the best experience
Tata motors

Dislikes

No I don't Dislike working in Tata motors
But I Don't like BSI systems
All Temporary employee job ke liye aate hai. Trust on Tata motors
But company kya karti hai BSI pe bhej deti hai. 15 day, 25 day ya one month
Lekin itne din bina kam ke pune rehana not possible ghar bhi Chale gaye toh room rent and other compulsory doing pay

Work Timings

6:30 AM to 3:00 PM (strict)

Good

Likes

I joined this organization as a fresh GET straight from campus interview. It has taught me to be a manager from an engineer. The learning opportunity is very high in this organization, provided you get the department that supports your educational background. The work life balance is satisfactory here because you get to stay here in company accommodation ( Jamshedpur ), so you will reach your home within 5 minutes after you leave your workplace, to chill out the day. One of the con I feel about this place is that when production pressure is high, you end up doing work in Sunday also which is frustrating. But so far so good, you will feel proud to serve in the largest automobile manufacturer in India which is bound by the values and ethics of Tata culture.

Dislikes

Sunday working (sometimes ), learning opportunity gets stagnant after a while, less involvement of top management, not supporting out of the box thinking.

Work

Challenging, learning opportunities are there

Gymnasium

+2 More

Facilities

Free medical facilities is one of the biggest perks

Terrible
Good
Poor
Poor

Likes

the company is good my boss is very friendly and supportive person I love the fact that I’m a part of the team salary is too low

Dislikes

I love to work with Tata motors but I’m not happy teammates .. it’s almost one year now I had joined here but till now there’s no job training for me not even once also compensation is poor growth is very slow managers don’t value our effort at all which is pains sometimes I’m totally not happy with my salary and incentive I need good salary... I’m efforting lot but no worth at all there’s no career growth and work pressure is very high

Work

My work is slightly challenging I have to convince the clients sometimes the clients may misbehaves with me ... I need proper guidance and training

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 6:30 PM (strict)

Excellent

Likes

Tata Motors is the full care own worker, or Tata Motors has helped me to do this, but I am confident that the latest technology will help in incharge and her company is worked at very peaceful. And achieve own target verify easily. Just Tata Motors is the only company to offer a my one year training or to complete then live the Tata motars for the same reason, to know more about Suzuki motors in Gujarat. . or is it the time for Suzuki motors to go to Gujarat or to me .. or is it the best chance to have a better place.

Dislikes

Now just kind me Information Tata motors company no any dislike points.

Work

My company was in the Electrical Maintenance Department in Tata Motar Itaken a lot of knowledge in my training courses,from my charge and from our reputed company Tata Motors.At the same time my company was in maintenance as well as production to achive

Work Timings

6:00 AM to 3:00 PM (strict)

+4 More

Health insurance

Facilities

Tata Motors fully secures its Employees.

Work with Tata Motors ? Rate Tata Motors as a workplace.

Click to Rate