amazon.in

Flexible

Amazon Reviews

1 - 10 of 1642 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Terrible

Likes

The freedom and liberty for you to do things your way. They let you explore your potential. But of course this comes with a cost. Politics speaks loudly if you are in operations role. Associates live through hell while working I'm operations. Even the HR does not have any control even if you are right from every angle. Whims and fancies of the manager will overpower any work you do. Feeling demotivated, demoralized and terrible are major symptoms I observed in this department. People talk of moving out before they have completed even 3 months. And they do leave!
Woking hours are brutal, it does not matter if you are on vacation or on a week off or even sleeping at night. If immediately that work or response is not provided you are sure for an earful or many frowns here and there.

Dislikes

Amazon is a "data driven" company but only when they have to get benefitted. Data does not hold any value when it comes to your career growth. If you unfortunately land under a bad manager then you are seeing a career road which is an impasse. Even if you have the data for your brilliant work, it won't work until you are not liked by your managers. Sorry, but to be brutally honest as asked, you MUST have a skill of flattery, bootlicking if you wanna grow. Your skill or capabilities hold little or no value if you are not good at that. Your appraisal and promotion depends solely on the feedback. Skip level or HR collaboration even with data or supporting proofs won't work until you suck up. Think 6 times before joining an ops role.

Work

Well my job role is really cool and challenging.It makes me think and keeps me fresh and engaged. I don't feel mentally exhausted in the morning whole I open my laptop first time. I am exited to start the work. Management and politics sucks but the work i

Job Travel

I have to travel within country

Work Timings

11:00 AM to 8:00 PM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

Because of cons even pros cannot be listed....!

Dislikes

The leadership team is making a lot of changes in the name of cost cutting, cost consolidation or whatever name they gave to increase profit. They have became absolutely ungrateful and putting more pressure on employees especially on tenured agents and making them to leave organization because they can employ other candidates with less package and benefits. At a time when even small or start up companies are giving transport options for employees, the number one compnay in the world is busy with discontinuing cab service and even the cabs which will be assigned going to be non ac...! We raised questions but no proper answers were given other than blame game or passing the buck.. Growth opportunities are shrinked and even those postions where options available got polluted with politics and favouritism. The people outside still feels this is the best organization in the business. But it is just a mask they have created to cover up the real and ugly facts. So anyone who wishes to join here, please check with the current employees for correct and precise feedback. Even employees are nowadays scared to even complain the issues because they feel they may get targeted. Simply put, it has now became a MNC with domestic call centre operation style. Day by day the quality of service also getting deteriorated as new agents lack proper training and experience in assisting customers. Amazon is neither an employee centric company nor a customer centric company . Now it is only a profit obsessed American firm.

Terrible
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

If you are looking for an opportunity where you are well prepared to compromise on work life balance, career growth, no roadmap, not even sure about any roles and responsibilities, This is the best place to work then.

I worked here for almost 2 years where I started as a functional analyst with a team of 13 people. Down the line I was the only person working left in my team under my awesome manager.
My Manager when asked for a leave, he needs to be informed atleast 2 months before where as he can mail his stakeholders a day before his leave starts.
My Manager when asked to please intervene and look into the matter when it goes out of hands , he goes on emergency leave. Anyhow the saga goes on..
The worst part is when you raise this concern with your HR, they do nothing, You escalate it to the leadership , they simple sideline themselves saying I was never informed about it. I will look into this soon.
Till then be patient , Be strong , My God be with you.

Dislikes

Pathetic place to work there, no work life balance, politics all around, no career growth. No cultural activities, No job assurance.

Work

managers are themselves not clear , what kind of a work we are hired there for.

Work Timings

9:00 AM to 11:30 PM (strict)

International relocation

Good

Likes

Amazon is a great place to work at. The best part of working here is you always get the respect and appreciation for the work you do. It's great working with all the young guns as a team.

What I personally learned is too how to work as a team and get the work done
as a team. You'll always get the support if you need and the leadership team is simply great at work.

Coming to the work life balance, it's all the service when compared to other companies. You work 9 hours, travelling takes 2-3 hours in total 12 hours is gone just for work and you can't get enough time to spend with family. However, the best part with Amazon is with the rotational shifts. You get enough time to spend with family if you don't work in the typical 10-7 shift.

Amazon is at it's best and always on top when it comes to innovation. We get a lot of New tools which help us get our work done smoothly. We have a specific team which works on implementing the innovative ideas shared by us.

Amazon rocks!!

Dislikes

Work pressure, especially at peak season. Apart from this, I find nothing important.

Work

It's awesome working with Amazon.

Work Timings

4:00 PM to 1:00 AM (strict)

+3 More

Terrible

Likes

Honestly, I see nothing uniquely good about working here anymore.

Dislikes

It WAS a good place and probably the best place to work compared to the other companies but after the recent changes in organization structure, people here are experimenting new and pressured things on employees leading to tenure agents being cornered to leave amazon. Ironically, it seems to be the goal by the company since tenure people can leave and the same work can be done with a new hire for lesser ctc. After all, cutting down the cost is the main concept of the new organization structure and it applies everywhere including the little things like tissues in washroom changed to lower quality ones. Imagine working under an organization which doesn't understand frugality is acceptable until it starts impacting on employee's well being. After all, happy workplace leads to happy company. one example for this unhappy thing is you get hired for non voice work with lower ctc than a voice associate and you get pushed to work for voice process in the name of business requirement WITHOUT any extra credit and rather get to maintain metrics for this support they churn out of you to avoid termination.

Excellent

Likes

Amazon is good company, customers satisfaction and great service. technology is good.service is good to other online company. customers query is sall very immediately. customers care is good support. I like job this company.

Dislikes

I am working Gujarat city bharuch. my experience is team is not good working and supervisor. parsality to station associated. always tea breakfast lunch dinner to associated money to give team leader and supervisor. he is not honest person.the theaf bad caractor. honest person not like under work this team.drink to job.I am not like drink man.I am reasion my best job
carecterless person this team work.police case to the person this team .drinking drank bedva drink I was hatting this type person. drink person promotion is very fast.but honest person promotional is not
this station system.

Work

I am working very hard.my life first job to Amazon. very interested job.so much fun and excitement. my life best job.

Job Travel

I have to travel within city, within country.

International relocation

+2 More

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

Yes I like to share my experience. I'm the 1st associate when it was launched urban sites and I don't really what happen in the operations. Latterly I learn everything related operational part with help of my team leaders with area managers. In Amazon there is partiality between associates and team leads. My strength is my knowledge what ever it I learn drastically and executed accordingly and initially. And trained new associates and new joined team leaders as well as area managers. I'm feeling like proud being an Amazon employees.. Thanks to Amazon given to me good career.

Dislikes

One thing I like to share, when associates joined in Amazon by contact employment after one year or 2 years it doesnt give permanent employement. That is one thing in drawback,, why because they are doing hard working and honestly, when once contract is ends there is no extend option. Please do make all contract employees to Amazon employees.

Work

Maintain the team and complete take care off related operational.

I have to travel within city

Work Timings

4:00 AM to 2:00 PM (strict)

Facilities

They provied all traing parts like inbound and outbound, our operationalwise etc.

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

It's really to feel extreme delight to be a part of Amazon. It's the best place to work where one can have a brilliant opportunity to groom as per the fast changing competitive international work environment. It a place where I found combination of hard work environment and fun. The best place where minds are are excersiced, new ideas encouraged and welcomed and at the same time given chances to feel fresh and joy. With each day in Amazon over the months, I have felt encouraged, appreciated, destined, energetic, ambitious on the path towards the excellence.

Dislikes

There must be something which I might not have liked however, with the positivity with which I live I ignore futile little things. Amazon is the most idealistic place to work with.

Work

Each morning, my job sends through me a really new excitement and energy. I find my job a real fun and challenging at the same time. I really feel working at my desk with my peers like fun. We really enjoy our work to its fullest.

Work Timings

8:00 AM to 7:00 PM (strict)

Childcare

Gymnasium

+7 More

Free food

Education assistance

Job training

Good
Excellent
Terrible

Likes

Teammates : Dedicated workers like Robots
Training : On the job training where given
Job Security : no job security for Contract employees so its better not to take a contract role and suffer later
Career growth : no career growth for the next three year when you join as a associate
Salary : salary for a fresher would be 2.2 LPA with allowance & sodexo's worth of 1100/- a month
Travel : cab's will be provided or own transport allowance will be given
politics: Managers who came for BPO background to Amazon are spoiling the workplace and culture because they dont understand the rules and policies of amazon
Work Environment : clean ambiance decent food court
innovation : there are many ways to innovation but getting approval from the stupid managers who dont understand is the challenge
Work life balance : Good...

Dislikes

No job security and you dont have a big scope in the corporate market if you work at amazon

Career growth is very slow and has a lot of politics in it . they will choose all the dumbos to next level

Work

Even though it was hectic we will have a balance at Amazon

I have to travel within city

Work Timings

8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (strict)

Free food

+1 More

Job training

Good
Terrible
Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

It's is a school bench for beginners. We can learn team management, fast working, handling metrics, learning different kinds of minds, smart working methods, Good culture of safety,getting new ideas in work environment, feel free HRBP.

Dislikes

There is not any job security for ground level. We should work for rotational shifts. We should ready for handling any type of situation at our shift. If single mistake can change your fate in Amazon.in. when come to politics, it depends on your teammates. Even there is not any place without politics now a days. When come to salary, It depends on your level. Amazon gives important to new ideas from ground level. Some times it will show more impact on critics. Work -life balance no words !!!

Work

I have learned smart working and handling process in different situations. Safety.

Work Timings

5:00 AM to 3:00 PM (strict)

Employee health and safety

Work with Amazon ? Rate Amazon as a workplace.

Click to Rate