Upload Button Icon Add office photos

Top Bharat Oman Refineries Interview Questions and Answers

8 Bharat Oman Refineries Interview Experiences

46 questions found

Sort by: Popular
user image anil kumar jayswal

posted on 21 Jan 2023

Rating 4
Good
Difficulty level
Less than 2 weeks
Selected Selected

I applied via Campus Placement and was interviewed in Jul 2022.

3 Interview Rounds

Resume Shortlist Round

Pro Tip by AmbitionBox:
Keep your resume crisp and to the point. A recruiter looks at your resume for an average of 6 seconds, make sure to leave the best impression.

Technical Round (1 Question)

• Q1. Basic mechanical Engineering questions like about Pump, compressor and theory questions from Fluid mechanics like Bernoulli Principles.

HR Round (1 Question)

• Q1. About your self, why do you want to join like that

Interview Preparation Tips

Interview preparation tips for other job seekers - prepare only basic questions with appropriate example

posted on 27 Jun 2022

2 Interview Rounds

Resume Shortlist Round

Pro Tip by AmbitionBox:
Don’t add your photo or details such as gender, age, and address in your resume. These details do not add any value.

Technical Round (2 Questions)

Interview Preparation Tips

Interview preparation tips for other job seekers - My name is Dipak kumar .my job fire & safety job at borl in side Bharat Oman Refinerie bina Sagar mp india

I applied via Recruitment Consultant and was interviewed in Nov 2021.

1 Interview Round

Interview Questions

Interview Preparation Tips

Interview preparation tips for other job seekers - Normal talking about refinary

Bharat Oman Refineries interview questions for popular designations

Mechanical Maintenance Engineer

Trainee

posted on 25 Feb 2022

1 Interview Round

Technical Round (1 Question)

posted on 28 Nov 2015

I applied via campus placement at Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (NIT), Bhopal

5 Interview Rounds

Interview Questions

Interview Preparation Tips

Round: Test
Experience: general aptitude level was moderate
technical paper consist of both numerical and theoretical portion mainly cover thermodynamics , fluid mechanics, turbo- machinery(pump selection and their performance), theory of machine (balancing & vibration) .Strength of material
my technical test paper consist of 26 numerical out of 40 . this distribution may be vary . test conducted by co-cubes
Tips: for general aptitude continuous in practice and gives test of indiawix (www.indiawix.com) regularly untill time & accuracy is maintain(out of 20, 18-19 is correct in 15-20 minute)
for technical test focus on GATE syllabus and study gate material of any institution (like made-easy booklet or any other)
Duration: 2 hrs minutes
Total Questions: 100(60+40)

Round: Technical Interview
Experience: interview is fully technical based, try to cover almost each subject , project& training
My interview duration is only 20 minutes . I gives the answer of almost all question . technical HR was very much impressed .
Tips: study each general topic of field of interest, prepare your project and training in better manner and try to understand in own language and speak confidently during the interview .Before interview you may write down the answer on paper it reduce the grammatical mistake during speaking. Be calm, be positive, be confident with your own knowledge this is the key of success.

General Tips: be positive and confident with your knowledge
Skills: , Body Language In Interview
user image Nishant Sharma

posted on 3 Dec 2015

4 Interview Rounds

Interview Questions

• Q1. Practical implementations of OS?
  • Q2. Real time networking, i.e. ip networking
  • Q3. Some questions on digital communication and band width distribution
  • Q4. Deep discussion on projects done and especially minor project

Round: Test
Experience: It was fairly easy, if you are a CAT aspirant then its a cake walk for you. But it was simple for many students without CAT background.
Tips: Practice some questions from R.S. Agrawal or other aptitude books.
Duration: 60 minutes minutes
Total Questions: aptitude

Round: Technical Interview
Experience: it was quite an intensive round as the questions were asked at a brisk phase, also it also had some questions of HR too, like why should we hire you, how your are better than your competitors, etc. The interview panel was very experienced and one should also be aware of the work they are going to do there. Overall be honest what you answer.
Tips: If you have good command over the subjects in Computer Science and have done some good projects then your chances are good. Good communication skills are required, so practice on your technical skills.

General Tips: Strong technical skills.
Skill Tips: Just be yourself and try to have sound technical skills.
Skills: Confidence, Extra-curricular Activities, Willingness, Innovating, Digital Networking, Computer Networking, Digital Communications, Operating Systems, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), 1)communication
College Name: NIT Bhopal
Motivation: I needed a peaceful life.
Funny Moments: We had some jokes exchanged on the technological advancements.
user image Meenakshi Meena

posted on 2 Dec 2015

5 Interview Rounds

Interview Questions

Interview Preparation Tips

Round: Test
Experience: Verbal Ability and Aptitude Part were easy. Technical Aptitude ->questions from C,C++-programming , Operating system, and DBMS questions. From Operating system questions on dead lock and from DBMS questions on Transactions were asked.
Duration: 60 min. minutes
Total Questions: 60

Round: Technical Interview
Experience: Firstly they asked me about my favorite subjects. I told my favorite subjects as DBMS,Operating System and Data Structure. Then they started asking questions on Android and its Applications. Why do we use android in mobile and how it is different from android in tablet or laptop. Which thing makes Android different from other operating systems. After long discussion on android and its applications they switched on DBMS part. They asked many questions like what is server,what is server integration,how will you connect data from different database servers, what is DBMS, How will you store different types of data like logical, programming and other types of data, How are the networks/servers connected, what are the different types of topology, Which topology is best, Cross Questions on Topology like- If i disconnect this connection what will happen(pointing on a connection between routers), how will i get the data from server if i disconnect it , If these are best topologies then why do we use other topologies...and many more cross questions. As I designed the front end of website they asked me difference between front end and back end design, and other related questions about my website.
Tips: Prepare well the core subjects, and give some approach to each question. They are there only to check your thinking ability that how do you approach to each question and what are your ideas to find the solution of the problem. Do not sit silently.. if you don't know the answer at least give them some approach ,they will definitely provide you the clue....and will help you to find the solution....:)

Skills:

Round: Group Discussion
Duration: 2 hours 20 minutes

Duration: 4 hours 20 minutes

College Name: Aks university

Interview questions from similar companies

Rating 4
Good
Difficulty level
Less than 2 weeks
Selected Selected

I applied via campus placement at National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela and was interviewed in Jan 2024.

3 Interview Rounds

Aptitude Test Round

It consisted of 3 rounds
1. General
2. Quant
3. Core
Basic core questions were asked. Transportation basics, structural basics, building material basics, geotech basics. Yes most of them were theoritical but some numericals were there too.

Technical Round (5 Questions)

• Q1. Standard tests of concrete, brick and aggregrates and the values required for good construction ?
  • Q2. What is cement, its composition and role of its constituents ? Describe briefly.
  • Q3. Describe how will you design a foundation ? Add all the procedures and all the tests that are pre requistic for construction ?
  • Q4. Suppose you are given a humid area like Rourkela ( as I was in Rourkela so they asked about it , however they might change it as oer the location ). Then how ar...read more
  • Q5. Describe briefly about the internships which you have done ? And what did you learnt from it ?

HR Round (4 Questions)

• Q1. Introduce yourself and specify your strength and weakness ?
  • Q2. Why do you want to join reliance industries ? Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?
  • Q3. Do you have any plans of doing further studies ? If yes then why yes and if no then why no ?
  • Q4. If given a chance to pursue further studies in the management field will you opt for it ?

Interview Preparation Tips

Topics to prepare for Reliance Industries Civil Graduate Engineer Trainee interview:
  • Building Material
  • Geotech
  • Concrete Technology
  • Structural Analysis
  • Standard Tests
  • Transportation
Interview preparation tips for other job seekers - Prepare a subject in which you will be able to answer the best. They will ask about it. Be as calm and composed as possible. If u dont know the answer dont fake it but just say that I cant assure you but I think it might be this. This will show your honesty and truthfulness. I did said that two times I guess 😅. Speak in which ever language you are comfortable with. Its not necessary to speak in english, but first of all ask the interviewers regarding their convenience. And one more thing prepare your resume well and be ready to answer about the internships which you have mentioned. Thats it. 😅. All the best for your future. 😀😀
Rating 1
Very bad
2-4 weeks
Selected Selected

I applied via Approached by Company and was interviewed in Jan 2024.

HR Round (2 Questions)

• Q1. What was your previous company and role.
  • Q2. What was your salary and are you ready to negotiate with the salary.

One-on-one Round (1 Question)

• Q1. Here they changed my role and again the same people took questions.

One-on-one Round (1 Question)

• Q1. Company once again changed my role but the question were same as before.

Interview Preparation Tips

Interview preparation tips for other job seekers - If you don't have any job, then it's good for the time being but if you think that this job is for long term, then you are going to ruin your career. Even if you know stuff, but during interview they will just deny answered and make a mockery of you. But they also know they do not get proper candidates because of their reputation in employees market, hence they will take you.

Bharat Oman Refineries Interview FAQs

How many rounds are there in Bharat Oman Refineries interview?
Bharat Oman Refineries interview process usually has 2 rounds. The most common rounds in the Bharat Oman Refineries interview process are Technical, Resume Shortlist and HR.
What are the top questions asked in Bharat Oman Refineries interview?

Some of the top questions asked at the Bharat Oman Refineries interview -

1. why Rockwell hardness is more preferred over Brinell hardness ? how Rockwell nu...read more
  2. which machining process is used for surface finishing operation and what is the...read more
  3. curie temperature and define the temperature zone in which iron-carbon alloy be...read more

Tell us how to improve this page.

People are getting interviews through

based on 3 Bharat Oman Refineries interviews
Campus Placement
Recruitment Consultant
66%
33%
1% candidates got the interview through other sources.
Moderate Confidence
?
Moderate Confidence means the data is based on a sufficient number of responses received from the candidates

Bharat Oman Refineries Reviews and Ratings