ibm.com

Flexible

IBM Reviews

1 - 10 of 3587 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Poor
Good
Excellent

Likes

it provides platform to show your expertise, your skill, Your suggestion and feedback in terms of better quality, process improvement is taken seriously by the higher management that is best part of it. Sky is the limit here. Whatever I learnt in software development process and its lifecycle was becuase of IBM global. I was highly lucky to report to a leadership who was not only an able manager but had huge technical expertise and domain knowledge. Her was way of communication and control over each project was just amazing. At the same time, whatever little good work we do she will keep motivating us, send an appreciation to make us more visible and we in turns feel more responsible to do better than what we have achieved so far. In time of challenges, something getting out ouf our control, she will make us to relax and then give us a guidance and easy solution. Not only about her, from program Manager till DPEs in IBM all were very very supportive in terms of carrying out my responsibility. To manage dependencies, to mitigate risk, were all some of the few things I learnt through them.You can gain good technical knowledge on artificial intelligence and Watson.

Dislikes

Since my project was through time and material hence survival here was the toughest challenge. We survived through billing every month. We could only bill if we have enough project in hand which was not the case in third and specially the last quarter of the year. Our US based Telephone service provider client started holding many projects even in early 2017 from Feb and March onwards, since it was merging with another company. Later on came to know in 2018, it has been able to complete it merger hopefully it swings back to IBM with higher volume of projects. Few big projects and even prestigious, complex and high challenging projects for IBM through this client were put on hold just because client feel short of funding. It directly impacts employees where we were either to move out to different vertical in different account , or to be on bench for 45 days or so or to exit the company. I Hope if management can take this on a strong note and really care for people whom feel are performing.

Work

Very Very Exciting. Each day was a learning for me. My learning curve really boosted up within short time. Each day was challenging. AS Project Manager, one will have full empowerment and command and can steer in the best interest of the project.

Work Timings

11:00 AM to 8:30 PM (strict)

+4 More

Facilities

Flexible work time..Come anytime and go anytime..Work from Home..Work 7hrs in office and remaining hrs from home..Had advantage to take calls as well from home

Terrible

Likes

Working from Paying guest House:-
This is only best thing I had but it depends on your manager.

Teammates:
Some teammates were really good and helpful.They always advised me on a pragmatic approach.

Dislikes

Career Growth:
Terrible career growth, and it is not assured here.Worst managment of training.Sceptical project recruitment.Here I felt that resource management was not interested about an ordinary B.tech graduate (Non-IITians) to do a technical job.If any person is lucky enough then only they will get a technical job.In my time it was very rare.
Only IITians and NITians get good oppertunities here.Other ordinary B.Tech people here are nothing but office clerks though many of them dying to get a technical profile.No matter how much you have skills it depends on your luck. not by your performance.
They judge by Brand not by material.

Salary Increament:
It does not depend on your performance.It depends on your good relationship with your boss.

Politics:-
A lot of politics here, really a lot.You may find some persons always trying to give a negetive picture of yours to your manager.Side by side they also hide there inefficiencies.

Imperfect Workload Distribution:-
Very few persons were doing 90% of the
total load and the rest are doing 10%.
Sometimes I had to work on holidays or 10-12hrs a day.Once I had to do my job even I had poor medical issues.

Transport System:
It is perhaps worst among all other IT industries.Much possibilities are there that you might not get it someday.

So these are my remarks.I hope It wont hurt anybody.That is why I left this job and preparing for my new way of life.This Brand culture is very popular in IBM India Pvt Ltd.

Conclusion:-
To new IT aspirants I must say
Please make sure that you get only what you love to do.Please dont let anybody to force you or deceive you with tedius job profiles.

Believe it or not its up to you,but it is the truth and It all happened to me.:(:(

Work

My work was so much boring.There was no new things everyday to learn. A person easily may get exhausted after working 11-12 months here.

Rotational Shift

+2 More

Health insurance

Good
Poor
Terrible

Likes

I worked with IBM for more than 10 years.It always depends what kind of people and team you are working with. I always like and probably the best part in IBM is that we get enormous amount of learning opportunities and trainings. So..in short it is a institution not a company.

Dislikes

Worst salary- not upto the mark. I was outstanding performer continuously couple of times but always got hike below the market standards. The avg hike is 1 to 5%.

Variable components - growth driven profit sharing..its a joke. I don’t know why they have in salary component. Big cheating here.

Managers - worked with a few good people but in general worst. You will be evaluated by someone who doesn’t know anything about your work and challenges you face dealing with clients. Hopeless and prejudiced.

Expectations are sky high from employee but deliverance to value is none.

Lots of trainings but all goes in vain as you will not get opportunities to grow your career.

Management focus more to get the billable hours. Get by any means and compensate any vacation you take. They expect 120% utilization. No work and life balance. If you do great but if you achieve humanally possible utilization (95%) then you will be underrated and may be you get 0.001% hike.

1 billable resource feeds 5 non billable managers, so you can understand what will happen.

Join this company to learn new things. Don’t ask or expect monetary benefits

Excellent

Likes

If I talk about the company, it is very open to innovation. Job security is there. Growth options are genuinely excellent. So much to learn. Salary is also good. My overall experience was excellent except one.

Dislikes

The thing i didn't like about the organization was the environment. The colleagues and the SDM were terrible. No doubt my manager was extremely supportive. My SDM (Ashwini Dhar) made sure that I do not get the escort at night shift (drop time) because of some personal grudges. I found very difficulty to work there in night shifts as it was extremely unsafe for me. My manager (Dinesh Singh) was extremely supportive, he always helped me. THIS ORGANIZATION IS NOT GOOD FOR FEMALE EMPLOYEES AT ALL BECAUSE THEY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT FEMALE EMPLOYEES SECURITY. IT IS COMPLETELY UPTO THEM WHETHER THEY WANT TO GIVE THE SECURITY GUARD OR NOT. I followed they whole hierarchy to get and escort but no help. At the end I had to leave the organisation because of the same issue but no one bothered about that. My resignation was accepted and finally i left IBM.

Work

I never find it too hectic, it was very cool. No work pressure at all. I never find a relaxed job like that. I was very happy with my work.

Poor

Likes

Outside picture and respect the brand has (market reputation). It's global reach and depth of knowledge captured over the years by people working.

Dislikes

Over period of time the culture has deteriorated, cost-cut has over taken many other important initiatives:
- Unskilled people in the top management taking very important decisions which is leading to big issue. Few top management people are just rotating chairs without any real leadership insight.
- Matrix organization allowing multiple leaders taking the ship in multiple different directions, people inside the ship are shaking.
- Too many changes and transformation not giving any productive direction or outcome of the purpose of change (as real purpose of the change never gets realized or implemented).
- Protocol management has over taken the real problem solving issues.
- Value system is almost nil now (dedication for client is over run by which brand will get the client contract, innovation is overtaken by utilization, trust is almost nil).... come-on ... when you hire you say we are hiring ... then when you start firing do you have the guts and honesty to say we are now firing?

Work

It was exciting between 2003 to 2008 then it started to dip between 2009 to 2016 ... finally it is dropped to ground level. PR team is trying to create an image to reflect this being best place to work but reality inside is different.

Good

Likes

IBM is probably the only company which stands as a global Pioneer and a ancestor for many technologies that we are experiencing today. I was and will always be proud of being IBMer. Once an IBMer always one. However, the only thing that was not upto the mark was their payscale and promotion options. Skill really is under rated. Once IBM corrects it and enhance the skills and focus on retention of skilled employees.

Dislikes

Not enough recognition methods. Could improve that aspect. Though everything is arranged according to a process, there still is a lot of hierarchical situations inside. Even working for 5 years with IBM, people are not recognised or given some band hike. That is the least thing an employee expects. However, recognition is not done accordingly which boosts employee's loyalty and their dedication. Give a pat for those who contribute. Please don't discriminate. An amazing company demands amazing employees !! I will always be IBMer at heart and probably if I ever get a chance to work with IBM, I will be more than happy. My love for IBM is never ending.

Work

Amazing experience. I can't say how delighted I was working with IBM. All the time I spent over there is amazing. Life turning phase. I had learnt many things that had made me what I am today. I am and will always be greatful to all that helped me.

Job Travel

I have to travel within city

Childcare

+6 More

Free food

Good

Likes

IBM offers a flexible work environment i.e. work from home option, which supports work-life balance to an extent. Job security is there for full-time employees. You can grow by learning latest technologies by enrolling in trainings provided by IBM. Work environment is fine. Job training related to a specific field is provided to freshers. IBM promotes innovation in all the fields. If someone has an innovative idea, there are people to guide you and support you. If you're lucky, may get an opportunity to travel abroad.

Dislikes

Teammates are not that professional, keep gossiping about one's personal life. Salary is not that good and increment is very poor. Politics is a concern. Favoritism is there. Managers are not very fair and professional when it comes to sending employees onsite or giving increment. Enough job training is not provided. Senior members have to help new team members in each and every step. Work-life balance is not that good. Many a times, I had to work late nights and even on weekends. Managers don't even appreciate or recognize their team for their efforts.

Work

My work relates with system testing of projects for a US based client. The work is not that interesting and very complex. Moreover, as it was a US based client, so had to attend sometimes late night conference meetings.

+4 More

International relocation

Good

Likes

In IBM ,as a girl I didn't find any problems regarding my religion/language/state/accent/dress code. I never found any male/female misbehave or harassment or something which a girl might find if she is staying far from her parents.It was very comfortable working there.My job was day shift so I Never got any type of security issue after leaving my office and reaching flat/pg.Team mates were very supportive,communicate and share there issue/problem etc.Manager was not much in touch with respect to work but they still keep an eye on all our work.But he/she don't keep nagging about any task . Our only job is to finish our task and we can do what we want.We can work from home , in case we can't get leave or we are sick.Salary alway comes on time.The salary hike was very low but I know that was because of project.So overall it was good experience .If I will be given a chance to work there,I will surely join IBM.

Dislikes

The only thing that I don't like is that any current project in which we are working , doesn't give release easily.I know there is a reason behind it.But sticking in same project may hide you from new or other technical exposures.

See above

Work Timings

10:00 AM to 7:00 PM (strict)

+3 More

Job training

Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

I have completed my 2.2 years Info Services just because of my teammates (5 members only) who were always there to support me in my good and bad times and no doubt that I have learnt all because of them to grow myself in the organization. Apart from teammates there is nothing as such to like with !!

Dislikes

THE BIG LIER & WORST COMPANY EVER !! I will not suggest rather I will not give reference to anybody to work with that company. The managers, the team leads are all worst in every fields like politics, salary or appraisals, promotions, work environment and last but not the least there is no career growth in any of the aspects that you can stay and work for yourself. It is the only thing they follows as they just lies to the employees regarding work and during appraisals they did not notice what we have done in the entire year. The work pressure is very high, sometimes, we have to work for more than 12 hours continuously without any facilities like there is no cafeteria, no safety for women, no security, no compensation. I do receive appreciation mails from clients but they all went unnoticed all the time. There's always a big time politics played by all the management level guys and due to they made and making a loss of every employee working in Info Services. No proper communication, no proper behaviour towards employee are not only giving employee's a depression but also they are spoiling their career but is not acceptable at all !!
Overall, it is not a company work to work with !!

Monday to Saturday

Work Timings

9:30 AM to 6:30 PM (strict)

Good

Likes

People here are quite professional, you can learn as much as you can. IBM is a technology giant, and their learning portal is awesome. If one has the zest to learn, they can learn advanced technologies without spending their money. IBM does provide work from home facilities but again it varies upon your business unit and project, but again if required it can be availed. Salary is good, on par with market standards and need not say that IBM provides amazing Work-life balance. Appraisals are relatively less but again it varies on your performance and Business Units. Overall, IBM is a nice company, especially when you want to learn and spend your early and mid-career over here.

Dislikes

We have virtual friends here :) There are projects/ Team where most of the people work from home - people take work from home for granted. At least they can make it mandatory to come to office twice or trice in a week. Last but not least, Tea is not free - but I guess, you can afford that :)

Work

It varies, its boring, exciting depends on mood/ work - you have to keep yourself motivated. No one can guarantee you 100 % work satisfaction, you have to be proactive and learn. IBM does allow you to learn new technologies and explore the opportunity.

+3 More

International relocation

Job training

Work with IBM ? Rate IBM as a workplace.

Click to Rate