ibm.com

Flexible

IBM Reviews

1 - 10 of 2622 ReviewsSort By: Popularity  |  Latest

Excellent

Likes

If I talk about the company, it is very open to innovation. Job security is there. Growth options are genuinely excellent. So much to learn. Salary is also good. My overall experience was excellent except one.

Dislikes

The thing i didn't like about the organization was the environment. The colleagues and the SDM were terrible. No doubt my manager was extremely supportive. My SDM (Ashwini Dhar) made sure that I do not get the escort at night shift (drop time) because of some personal grudges. I found very difficulty to work there in night shifts as it was extremely unsafe for me. My manager (Dinesh Singh) was extremely supportive, he always helped me. THIS ORGANIZATION IS NOT GOOD FOR FEMALE EMPLOYEES AT ALL BECAUSE THEY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT FEMALE EMPLOYEES SECURITY. IT IS COMPLETELY UPTO THEM WHETHER THEY WANT TO GIVE THE SECURITY GUARD OR NOT. I followed they whole hierarchy to get and escort but no help. At the end I had to leave the organisation because of the same issue but no one bothered about that. My resignation was accepted and finally i left IBM.

Work

I never find it too hectic, it was very cool. No work pressure at all. I never find a relaxed job like that. I was very happy with my work.

Education assistance

Poor

Likes

Outside picture and respect the brand has (market reputation). It's global reach and depth of knowledge captured over the years by people working.

Dislikes

Over period of time the culture has deteriorated, cost-cut has over taken many other important initiatives:
- Unskilled people in the top management taking very important decisions which is leading to big issue. Few top management people are just rotating chairs without any real leadership insight.
- Matrix organization allowing multiple leaders taking the ship in multiple different directions, people inside the ship are shaking.
- Too many changes and transformation not giving any productive direction or outcome of the purpose of change (as real purpose of the change never gets realized or implemented).
- Protocol management has over taken the real problem solving issues.
- Value system is almost nil now (dedication for client is over run by which brand will get the client contract, innovation is overtaken by utilization, trust is almost nil).... come-on ... when you hire you say we are hiring ... then when you start firing do you have the guts and honesty to say we are now firing?

Work

It was exciting between 2003 to 2008 then it started to dip between 2009 to 2016 ... finally it is dropped to ground level. PR team is trying to create an image to reflect this being best place to work but reality inside is different.

Job Travel

I have to travel international travel

Good

Likes

In IBM ,as a girl I didn't find any problems regarding my religion/language/state/accent/dress code. I never found any male/female misbehave or harassment or something which a girl might find if she is staying far from her parents.It was very comfortable working there.My job was day shift so I Never got any type of security issue after leaving my office and reaching flat/pg.Team mates were very supportive,communicate and share there issue/problem etc.Manager was not much in touch with respect to work but they still keep an eye on all our work.But he/she don't keep nagging about any task . Our only job is to finish our task and we can do what we want.We can work from home , in case we can't get leave or we are sick.Salary alway comes on time.The salary hike was very low but I know that was because of project.So overall it was good experience .If I will be given a chance to work there,I will surely join IBM.

Dislikes

The only thing that I don't like is that any current project in which we are working , doesn't give release easily.I know there is a reason behind it.But sticking in same project may hide you from new or other technical exposures.

See above

Work Timings

10:00 AM to 7:00 PM (strict)

+3 More

Job training

Good
Terrible
Terrible

Likes

I have completed my 2.2 years Info Services just because of my teammates (5 members only) who were always there to support me in my good and bad times and no doubt that I have learnt all because of them to grow myself in the organization. Apart from teammates there is nothing as such to like with !!

Dislikes

THE BIG LIER & WORST COMPANY EVER !! I will not suggest rather I will not give reference to anybody to work with that company. The managers, the team leads are all worst in every fields like politics, salary or appraisals, promotions, work environment and last but not the least there is no career growth in any of the aspects that you can stay and work for yourself. It is the only thing they follows as they just lies to the employees regarding work and during appraisals they did not notice what we have done in the entire year. The work pressure is very high, sometimes, we have to work for more than 12 hours continuously without any facilities like there is no cafeteria, no safety for women, no security, no compensation. I do receive appreciation mails from clients but they all went unnoticed all the time. There's always a big time politics played by all the management level guys and due to they made and making a loss of every employee working in Info Services. No proper communication, no proper behaviour towards employee are not only giving employee's a depression but also they are spoiling their career but is not acceptable at all !!
Overall, it is not a company work to work with !!

Monday to Saturday

Work Timings

9:30 AM to 6:30 PM (strict)

Terrible

Likes

Automation: they try to automate everything and the waiting time will be identified nd removed. So, employees will be working like robots .
No job security. You may be asked any point of time.

Dislikes

1.No ethics
2.Manager centric
3.Retaliation: manager might be stupid. 4.Don't try 2 correct them. They will take revange.
5.Micro management
6.managers just listen to their manager irrespective of company policy and HR supports manager only.
7 tvc: Weekly(sa-su) should account 45 working hours . If your shift changes , you need to give a reason to the world like school days.
8. Wfh are very limited
9. No freebies or recognition. Pay for everything at cafeteria. No wonder if they charge for restrooms or drinking water in future.
10. They show loss always. But they invest billions in technology. Unfortunately, only few lucky persons works on it.
11. Role or job change is alMost impossible for experienced personal.
12. No trainings. Only basic internal training will be given. If you give internal training, all you get is few bucks.
12. Low shift allowance. They have changed the shift timing just to avoid shift allowance.
13. Don't expect hike for 5+ years

Work Timings

5:30 PM to 2:30 AM (strict)

Good
Excellent
Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

Awesome Work Life Integration which gears you for latest technologies, applications in working environment. Flexible Working opportunities. Vast Global Client Base. Peers are really Helpful to hone and Learn Skills, Updates, Working Styles. Managers were proactive . Innovative and self managing work culture. Peers are knowledgeable, competent and supportive. Good Remuneration and Flexible Benefits including Insurance. Appraisals and Future Growth Plans are Good.Hiring Process was competent and Most of working style is process oriented and Organized.

Dislikes

Growth is Good however Travel to workplace was lengthy including Working hours ranging 12-13 hrs though worked for 4 days/week alternatively. Decent Career Growth Plan and Appraisals. Projects were minimal, so got to be adaptable with new Techno Functional roles for Moving to other projects, unless Management decides to shift to other projects

Work

Work Life Integration is the style of working. Had to put in Long hours of work. Managers and Team Members were Supportive, Trained. Limited Team members for Global Client Base. Work availability is critical. Appraisals were Decent. Nice Shift Allowance.

Rotational Shift

Work Timings

5:30 AM to 5:30 PM (strict)

+2 More

Excellent
Good
Excellent
Excellent

Likes

I joined as a graduate hire after my MCA and have spent more than 5 years in this company. I must say that I still love working here! Talent is well appreciated here and I think it’s the best company to work for if you are looking for work-life balance. There are vast opportunities to train yourself in technical areas that you are interested in with lots of materials available for free and to take at your own pace. Innovation activities are organized from time to time to make the employees use their brains to generate ideas! Salary-wise IBM doesn’t pay very good compared to some other companies but if you manage to get a project with shifts, the allowances will make up for it. Work from home optionis available for most of the projects with manager’s approval. Most Colleagues here are very helpful but then it is not the company which decides its employees’ behavior. All in all, it is a great company to work for.

Dislikes

Salary hikes could be better. And promotions could be faster. A more transparent method for promotion and appraisals would be preferable.

Work

Mostly exciting but sometimes boring 😊

Childcare

+8 More

Education assistance

International relocation

Facilities

Travel and shift allowance if working in shifts or weekends

Good
Excellent
Good
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

Most of the manager 's are good in nature and help full professionally, they understand the need of their team member, and agree to provide work-life balanced culture environment.Medical health insurance policy is good as compared to others.WFH option is there where you can manage your personal and profession work. There is huge technical SMEs and ISMEs are there irrespective of technology for a normal technical SA it is really help full while dealing with any kind of critical technical issue in their BAU.

Dislikes

Few manager are restricting WFH :) most of the company have their office bus to all the area in day time which is missing at IBM.all most all company thy are providing tea and coffee which is missing at IBM,
External/Internal class based windows administration training(Windows enterprise Admin, SCCM/SCOM/FIM/IIS/Azure/Powershell/MSSQL) are very rare compared to other technology, it should be improve.

Work

It was Good journey, Joined as blue resource, became a Jazz after one year then became SME after 3rd year in IIS Technology

Good
Good
Excellent
Good

Likes

IBM is a global platform in IT services. Here I get to interact with various levels, the system is very transparent. So any employee of any band or position can directly engage any level of management, due to the diversification we get to work with various organizations in the market. The work life is very easy going. The management is very cooperative.

Dislikes

The compensation policy is not at all good. There are no perks and appraisal for good work. The growth is very slow. And the work level is same for every body, say if an employee is tenured and is in a good position. He/she has limited options to work from home. It's a good place for fresher's or people who want to know about the IT industry but not for people who gain experience and want to learn more.

Work

I work as an consultant Incident Co-cordinator. My roles are to bridge the gap between the client and the vendor, manage create and assist in resolution of Incidents. Adherence towards SLA, create and manage problems, changes, TASKs and Incidents.

Rotational Shift

Work Timings

9:30 PM to 6:30 AM (strict)

+3 More

International relocation

Terrible

Likes

What I like most in my current project is that you can experiment with almost everything to learn.Mistakes are allowed in learning.

Dislikes

There are no rules ,no IBM policies are followed by Managers.IBM is basically Manager centric company.They will torture you to the intolerable level.No ethics ,no logics are followed.Your opinion is right if you support your Manager.Lots of politics involve here.Usually Managers use their power to mentally torture the employee.Even the leave policies are not followed.You will have to beg for your privilege leave too.No appreciation is there.Infact they will consider it their manipulation skills after work is being completed.Even sometimes you will feel inhuman behaviour of Managers.They will compell you to work in case of sickness too.No allowance is provided.T here is no office timing.You will have to work till the work is finished.Everytime you will get threats of being fired from IBM for simple things.Basically IBM HR don't care for employee , they just support Managers to get Maximum profit.

Work

I work is day shift from 9:30 to 6:30.

I have to travel within city

Work with IBM ? Rate IBM as a workplace.

Click to Rate